• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh so by the quote megaman is another different custom moves thing. (Ex palutena and miis.)

I will post later but i think i have a idea for the other robot master special attacks.

Khao

Smash Lord
^ At least it's not the Prime Trilogy.

Now that would be a crime.

Anyway, I freaking love that Beat! I wonder what the third up special will be.

There's like a billion possibilities for both the standard and side specials too!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
OK nice. What affects could it differ from the original?
In the original game, unlike the Leaf Shield, the Plant Barrier could not be thrown and would stay up through weaker enemies but would disappear if it struck a larger or more powerful enemy. However it differed in Power Battles and the other games featuring it but it's hard to say how it will function here.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
After seeing this, someone on GameFaqs suggested that Sonic could use Tails as a recovery. That should have been his recovery in the first place.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, if you've played Corruption once there's not much to go back for, it's incredibly easy to 100%, so it's okay to trade it in for a console if you ask me. The Classic Controller on the other hand, no way!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh so by the quote megaman is another different custom moves thing. (Ex palutena and miis.)

I will post later but i think i have a idea for the other robot master special attacks.
He's not. MegaMan has many Robot Master attacks for his A moves too. Those are just his regular custom moves like the other characters.

Although it is possible he could have tons of custom moves, to be fair. But note that Beat and Plant Shield have the same animations overall as the original Leaf Shield and Rush Spring. They're the same move, kind of.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He's not. MegaMan has many Robot Master attacks for his A moves too. Those are just his regular custom moves like the other characters.

Although it is possible he could have tons of custom moves, to be fair. But note that Beat and Plant Shield have the same animations overall as the original Leaf Shield and Rush Spring. They're the same move, kind of.
Yes i know

I mean't figure out what the other robot master move megaman will get for his specials.

I will start with side B which would be

Napalm man: the explosive will not get as far as the crash bomb ( and not stick to enemys) but has higher damage and better knockback

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was hoping that they were going to do this from the beginning and I'm really glad it's now a thing. Once again, I hope the competitive community will take custom moves into consideration because I think this could open up a lot of interesting options for the metagame.

Khao

Smash Lord
I don't really like the idea of a projectile that won't hurt my opponent as soon as they're hit, and that it can be attached back to me, so I'm all for a side B that's a completely different kind of explosive.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes i know

I mean't figure out what the other robot master move megaman will get for his specials.

I will start with side B which would be

Napalm man: the explosive will not get as far as the crash bomb ( and not stick to enemys) but has higher damage and better knockback
I think you misunderstand me. Palutena and Miis have a special kind of customization. MegaMan's is the same as the rest of the cast. 3 normal Up B's, etc. Miis can put any of their moves in any slow they want(with a few exceptions). I honestly don't know how Palutena's exact special moves work, though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think you misunderstand me. Palutena and Miis have a special kind of customization. MegaMan's is the same as the rest of the cast. 3 normal Up B's, etc. Miis can put any of their moves in any slow they want(with a few exceptions). I honestly don't know how Palutena's exact special moves work, though.
Yes megaman is the same custimaztion as other characters

Not palutena nor the miis.

I don't really like the idea of a projectile that won't hurt my opponent as soon as they're hit, and that it can be attached back to me, so I'm all for a side B that's a completely different kind of explosive.
Im probably not understanding you right but

Show me a megaman weapon between 1-10 that works like crash bomb

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Competitive Snake would like to have a word with you...oh! He's stuck you with C4!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes megaman is the same custimaztion as other characters

Not palutena nor the miis.
I see what happened now. I thought you meant "example: Palutena and Miis" and not "excluding Palutena and Miis".

My bad. Although that might mean a different choice of words could help next time. But eh.

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
As for the customization, Sakurai stated that there are 3 specials(as there has always been, but I one day hope for the back special), and each special will have up to four customizations making for each character to have 12 customizable moves in all. Keeping that in mind, there are currently an outstanding 410 specials including all characters except for the special ones such a Palutena and the Mii Fighters, because he said something such as them being handled "differently".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As for the customization, Sakurai stated that there are 3 specials(as there has always been, but I one day hope for the back special), and each special will have up to four customizations making for each character to have 12 customizable moves in all. Keeping that in mind, there are currently an outstanding 410 specials including all characters except for the special ones such a Palutena and the Mii Fighters, because he said something such as them being handled "differently".
You got that mixed up. There's 4 specials and 3 moves per special.

Otherwise, pretty much correct.

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
You got that mixed up. There's 4 specials and 3 moves per special.

Otherwise, pretty much correct.
Ah, thanks lol. My bad. Either way, I wonder how the other specials will change really. I mean, there was a video of DK doing his side B special and he still drove it on home to smash Mario in the ground even though he was attacking him. That one is going to be interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, thanks lol. My bad. Either way, I wonder how the other specials will change really. I mean, there was a video of DK doing his side B special and he still drove it on home to smash Mario in the ground even though he was attacking him. That one is going to be interesting.
From what I can gather, each one uses a similar animation and some kind of variation of the original.(save Palutena and Mii's)

I found it odd Mario didn't have the Megavitamins at first, but then I realized that if Dr. Mario was ever going to show up again, it wouldn't be an alt, especially with the F.L.U.D.D.

Besides Mario(the only one who got all his specials showed off), I'd like to Electric and Ice Punches for Captain Falcon. Mostly a reference to Pokemon. Fire, Ice, and Thunder Punch. :p

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
From what I can gather, each one uses a similar animation and some kind of variation of the original.(save Palutena and Mii's)

I found it odd Mario didn't have the Megavitamins at first, but then I realized that if Dr. Mario was ever going to show up again, it wouldn't be an alt, especially with the F.L.U.D.D.

Besides Mario(the only one who got all his specials showed off), I'd like to Electric and Ice Punches for Captain Falcon. Mostly a reference to Pokemon. Fire, Ice, and Thunder Punch. :p
Nah, Captain Falcon needs to throw the punch so hard, the falcon needs to fly off his fist in a line before exploding or something epic like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, Captain Falcon needs to throw the punch so hard, the falcon needs to fly off his fist in a line before exploding or something epic like that.
> Implying the original Falcon Punch isn't already epic.

:awesome:

Speaking of, what can he really do for his Forward, Down, and Up B's? Hell, are they even the same? Didn't we solely see his Falcon Punch at best? He might have special move changes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Referring to today's PToD, I'm gonna predict that Megaman's last two Down Specials are Star Crash (Mega Man 5) and Jewel Satellite (Mega Man 9).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Speaking of, what can he really do for his Forward, Down, and Up B's? Hell, are they even the same? Didn't we solely see his Falcon Punch at best? He might have special move changes.
I mean it needs to match the epic-ness of the original Falcon Punch. And i have always wanted Falcon with a projectile so he doesn't get camped...

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly not sure what to expect for tonight... A stage? We got one last Friday. An item? We got Daybreak not too long ago.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong through and finally give us info on the Kalos E4? Sort of a low-key way to end the week, but I'm not sure what else he could do tonight outside of say, "New trailer next week!" or something.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm honestly not sure what to expect for tonight... A stage? We got one last Friday. An item? We got Daybreak not too long ago.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong through and finally give us info on the Kalos E4? Sort of a low-key way to end the week, but I'm not sure what else he could do tonight outside of say, "New trailer next week!" or something.
The trailer would hype everyone beyond belief.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just want Roll as Rock's last custom UpB, and she can smack him up high with her broom. Anything to prevent her from being just a Trophy.

As for Crash Bomber, have one of the customs be the Search Snake. Megaman fires the snake, and it starts traveling along the ground and walls like a Bombchu. Perfect.

The rest of them doesn't matter to me.

Khao

Smash Lord
I actually kinda hope we never get a back special, same for different specials on mid-air.

The reason specials are special is that they're always the same move wherever you do it. A side special is always a side special, and doing it backwards to do it in the other direction just make the whole thing feel more consistent. Not to mention you could only use it on mid-air, which already takes away from what makes specials special.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Am I misreading you, or did you misspeak? There are four specials per character: neutral, side, up, and down. Each one has three variations so 12 moves in total is correct, but you have that backward.

Also, as far as I can tell, the only special thing about Palutena and the Mii Fighter is that they have completely unique moves per custom variation whereas more often on other characters custom specials will be parameter tweaked versions of the existing moves (like Mario's fireball gets smaller and faster or bigger and slower). Even then though, we've seen some completely unique moves on customs like Beat on Mega Man or the giant Luma shield on Rosalina. I think we'll be able to treat Palutena and the three Mii Fighter variations as normal characters for the purpose of special moves really; they will just have special moves that are, on average, a bit more special.

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Updates like this get me more and more excited to see what everyone's custom moves are. I especially am curious about Sonic's cause it'd be cool to customize Sonic so that his Side B and Down B aren't too similar

JMS_Eddy

Smash Rookie
Predicting a Mii wearing a Ridley hat with a caption that reads, "Ridley joins the battle! I know how much players have wanted Ridley so I threw in this hat so he wouldn't just be a boss!"

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Why are you and @ Nintendotard Nintendotard making such sweeping generalizations about the Solid Snake fan-base? All these insults amount to is an unprovoked attack that is completely unnecessary. Nothing good will come out of all of us making fun of each other.
I did no such thing. I'm just making a joke. I too hope Snake returns but I'm aware his chances of making it are unlikely.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

We saw Falcon Punch

Falcon Kick

And Raptor Boost in the Robin/Lucina trailer when Robin is first shown in game.
At about 1:17

Unless you meant not seeing his unique specials yet.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
TOnight will be the shortest character drought ever.

BRING OIN GANON.

Tonight is Ganon's Night.

Wario hype will resume next week.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I actually do wonder what will be on the last PotD this week. It's hard to expect another character soon.

Will it be a dull filler? Or more new content?

Maybe Metaknight will fly about in a new Kirby stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom