• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So the king of cheap in Brawl is back... Instant punching bag if he's a top tier again.
At least the glide of Shuttle Loop is gone... But if the nado isn't nerfed, there's going to be anger and desperation on 2 sides once again.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Meta Knight is cool, but the more immature part of me is really bummed that this probably means no Ganondorf tomorrow... unless Sakurai reaaaally loves us! :sadeyes:

..So proooobably no 'dorf. Why Sakurai why you saw that Hyrule Warriors Direct you know we're hyped for the King of Thieves c'mooooon Oh well. Meta Knight will suffice! Very interested to see what other changes they may have made to him, so hopefully we get more of that over the next few days!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meta Knight's return is all well and good, but the following needs to be reminded on...

When posting the pic of the day, please do NOT use the "http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily-en.jpg" link, as the image for that link is never permanent. If the screenshot isn't on Miiverse yet, upload it onto an image hosting site to get the permanent link.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Hm, was just looking through the new pages on the site. Got to say that I'm a bit miffed that the new target break mode indeed replaces the old break the targets mode. I mean, it looks a lot more fun than Brawl's awful break the targets, but the little fanboy inside of me was still hoping to see the character specific break the targets levels from melee back.

Not sure if the two version are supposed to be different in game modes as well, I guess I could still keep my hope up for the WiiU version to have that mode.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Nice! I knew Sakurai wouldn't miss my birthday. While I didn't play Meta Knight all that much, I'm still glad he's back, and getting a picture showing more of the E4 stage was an added bonus.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Going back and reading all the pages of hype, only to be beautifully rewarded

Now that's entertainment

MetaKnight looks dope with those gauntlets baby

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
When I went to sleep last night I had a feeling n my gut telling me that we would get a character today. I wasn't disappointed.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Now, I only wonder when we'll get his stock icon as a SmashBoards smiley...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Going back and reading all the pages of hype, only to be beautifully rewarded

Now that's entertainment

MetaKnight looks dope with those gauntlets baby
It feels good to live in Europe where you wake up with a new PotD instead of having to possibly wait until 4 AM like last night.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated. This'll be my last update for the week. Going on vacation. One of the other staff members will be helping me out while I'm gone. Also thank you, @Neo Zero for helping me out yesterday with updating!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The graphics for 3DS just seem to be getting crisper and crisper. I know MK isn't a very complex design but still, looks really good for the handheld.

It's odd because I'd have thought that the 3S version would have been completed some time ago.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I love Sakurai. Release a pic about Meta Knight joining the battle with no explanation, move onto a completely unrelated topic for a day so that everyone thinks he's just dropping it like Mr. G&W, and then randomly veteran reveal him the day after that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aside from the Directs and special announcements, this is the first time this year a character has been revealed in a regular PoD that wasn't on a Friday. I knew he was coming back from the beginning but I'm honestly surprised so many people believed he was either going to be cut or made into an unlockable character. This just lends more credence to :popo::wario: being shown in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Aside from the Directs and special announcements, this is the first time this year a character has been revealed in a regular PoD. I knew he was coming back from the beginning but I'm honestly surprised so many people believed he was either going to be cut or made into an unlockable character. This just lends more credence to :popo::wario: being shown in the next couple of weeks.
You are forgetting Diddy Kong and Ike.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Aside from the Directs and special announcements, this is the first time this year a character has been revealed in a regular PoD. I knew he was coming back from the beginning but I'm honestly surprised so many people believed he was either going to be cut or made into an unlockable character. This just lends more credence to :popo::wario: being shown in the next couple of weeks.
Wasn't Ike revealed in a PotD?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I couldn't help but chuckle at this. He release the Meta-masked Mii on Monday, did the item update Tuesday to create a sense that there was not any linking on here then boom there's the real Meta Knight. Well played.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
"Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move."
Meta Knight nerf hype!
Is that a real nerf list for meta knight?

(Sakurai saying his nerfs.)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys, as excited as I am for Meta Knight, I'm still a little scared that there may be no new Kirby stages. Sakurai definitely made a point if emphasizing the Halberd's return in this one, even though it was revealed earlier.

But I guess it's okay of that's the case, because Halberd's a great counter pick stage and had sublime music.

Also, look at this:

image.jpg

Garchomp and Axew, both Dragon type Pokemon, are present in Drasna's chamber of the Elite 4 Stage, which kinda makes this stage a less generic spiritual successor to Pokemon Stadium 2.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow meta knight is back. How late did he revealed him?

Anyways, its nice yo see him back even.though I'm not really good with him. Man this roster is growing and growing and I love it.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Guys, as excited as I am for Meta Knight, I'm still a little scared that there may be no new Kirby stages. Sakurai definitely made a point if emphasizing the Halberd's return in this one, even though it was revealed earlier.

But I guess it's okay of that's the case, because Halberd's a great counter pick stage and had sublime music.

Also, look at this:

View attachment 21507

Garchomp and Axew, both Dragon type Pokemon, are present in Drasna's chamber of the Elite 4 Stage, which kinda makes this stage a less generic spiritual successor to Pokemon Stadium 2.
there is also dragonite and hydreigon.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Don't fret. I don't believe Sakurai would ignore his own key franchise, especially when 3 Kirby playable characters are available now. That'd be unbalanced in representations for the Kirby series.

For all we know, Meta Knight might appear in a new Kirby stage in the next few weekdays.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I predict Wario tomorrow and Ganondorf Friday, making this a "Villains and Antiheroes" week.

With Gamescom producing news for their competitors and with Hyrule Warriors on Friday in Japan, Nintendo will want some of that spotlight.

The bad news is that this reduces the possibility of a villains trailer.

My HOPE is that Nintendo announces a Direct or that Sakurai announces a special character reveal trailer today.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I predict Wario tomorrow and Ganondorf Friday, making this a "Villains and Antiheroes" week.

With Gamescom producing news for their competitors and with Hyrule Warriors on Friday in Japan, Nintendo will want some of that spotlight.

My HOPE is that Nintendo announces a Direct or that Sakurai announces a special character reveal trailer today.
....should we tell him hyrule warriors comes out tomarrow in japan?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

Also, look at this:

View attachment 21507

There's a Dragonite behind Kirby too.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
....should we tell him hyrule warriors comes out tomarrow in japan?
OK, then switch around the Ganondorf and Wario reveals! Or Ganondorf could still be revealed a day after the Japan release...

Or better yet, announce a character introduction announcement video for tomorrow or Friday that turns out to be a Villains Trailer and reveals King K. Rool and Ridley.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

How is wario and ganondorf possible when 1 so obvious hes in character got revealed today.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman

Also, look at this:

View attachment 21507

If I remember correctly, the Pokemon on the far right would appear from the pokeballs. I remember seeing a Pokemon at smash fest whole look like that Pokemon. I could be wrong. I just remember it blowing wind at players, pushing them away.

Is there any other Pokemon with similar colors? Mostly dark blue, with a bit of red and yellow.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I was hoping for Ganondorf tomorrow, but that's not looking very likely now with Meta Knight. It's okay though- MK's debut was LONG overdue.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I remember correctly, the Pokemon on the far right would appear from the pokeballs. I remember seeing a Pokemon at smash fest whole look like that Pokemon. I could be wrong. I just remember it blowing wind at players, pushing them away.

Is there any other Pokemon with similar colors? Mostly dark blue, with a bit of red and yellow.
He's
You mean the far left? That's Garchomp. He's a Dragon-Ground type. The closest that I can match your description to that makes sense is Swellow, but to my knowledge no one has seen Swellow in this game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom