• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Guys, as excited as I am for Meta Knight, I'm still a little scared that there may be no new Kirby stages. Sakurai definitely made a point if emphasizing the Halberd's return in this one, even though it was revealed earlier.
Of course there is a new Kirby stage, at least for the 3DS version, since Halberd is Wii U exclusive.

Anyways, something interesting about the description of the PotD:

"The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

HERO. People love to call Meta Knight a villain, but he is considered a hero by his creator. :p
There's a Dragonite behind Kirby too.
And a Hydreigon behind Meta Knight.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'd say Meta Knight is an anti-hero. Whatever he does, he does because it's good for him, not because it's right or wrong. He protects what he thinks he should protect and slaughters what he thinks he should slaughter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Meta Knight is a hero, at least in the SSB Universe. Just like King Dedede and Kirby are. It doesn't mean anything in the regular Kirby universe respectively.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
King Dedede isn't a villain even in the Kirby series. He antagonizes Kirby, but he clearly is a good guy and most of the time he is just being manipulated/controlled by the actual villains. Meta Knight isn't evil either, which makes him an anti-hero at most.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
He's
You mean the far left? That's Garchomp. He's a Dragon-Ground type. The closest that I can match your description to that makes sense is Swellow, but to my knowledge no one has seen Swellow in this game yet.

Shoot, I mean left :p

There was this Pokemon it was pretty close

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Aaaaand it seems Meta Knight was revealed not ten minutes after I fell asleep. Typical. xD

Really, though, I'm ecstatic that he's back!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shoot, I mean left :p

There was this Pokemon it was pretty close
I know Giratina was in the trailer, but I don't think we've seen gameplay yet. Though funny enough, he's a Ghost-Dragon, so he wouldn't be out of place on that stage. :p

EDIT: Looks like there's Poke Ball footage. He uses Ominous Wind, a Ghost move.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I like how we were all so sure MK wouldn't be shown because hat would be too obvious.

As for tomorrow, Ganondorf? Back-to-back Veterans? I doubt it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I like how we were all so sure MK wouldn't be shown because hat would be too obvious.

As for tomorrow, Ganondorf? Back-to-back Veterans? I doubt it.
With only a month left till it releases....you never know. It may be that time when Sakurai has to start showing off the remaining characters.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Given recent trends, it seems we are overdue for a stage this week.

I'll go a little bit more vague in my prediction: a multipic update.
Oh, I suppose I was right. As for tomorrow, I doubt Ganondorf but if it isn't something Zelda related I will hit myself with all the Zelda games I own.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ehh.. I was totally not surprised by this, all I hope for is that Metaknight is nerfed and that he gets new moves that stays true to his Playable counterpart in Return to Dreamland.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Oh, I suppose I was right. As for tomorrow, I doubt Ganondorf but if it isn't something Zelda related I will hit myself with all the Zelda games I own.
You should record it. You may go viral.

It wouldn't surprise me to see veterans more often now, seeing how close we are to release and how many are left. Expecting at least one per week isn't too much, I guess.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You should record it. You may go viral.

It wouldn't surprise me to see veterans more often now, seeing how close we are to release and how many are left. Expecting at least one per week isn't too much, I guess.
I agree that we'll probably start seeing veterans more often, but i doubt we'll see Ganondorf this week as much as i'd like him.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think we'd see Ganondorf tomorrow if Sakurai is feeling really generous................... Which I'm not sure he will be..........

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
He's
You mean the far left? That's Garchomp. He's a Dragon-Ground type. The closest that I can match your description to that makes sense is Swellow, but to my knowledge no one has seen Swellow in this game yet.
Swellow confirmed as playable!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think we'd see Ganondorf tomorrow if Sakurai is feeling really generous................... Which I'm not sure he will be..........
I'd love to see Ganondorf tomorrow or even Friday, but i just don't see it :c
Prove me wrong Sakurai

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd love to see Ganondorf tomorrow or even Friday, but i just don't see it :c
Prove me wrong Sakurai
Yeah I guess so, would love to see him tomorrow as well though, but it's probably for the best to not repeat the whole Yoshi fiasco again.....

Anyway, in terms of Brawl starters, there is just :lucas::wario:&:popo: left. :ness2: too maybe...... I wonder if we will be seeing them all (the former three at least) before the Japanese release.... I guess it would depend on the Nintendo Direct.....

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah I guess so, would love to see him tomorrow as well though, but it's probably for the best to not repeat the whole Yoshi fiasco again.....

Anyway, in terms of Brawl starters, there is just :lucas::wario:&:popo: left. :ness2: too maybe...... I wonder if we will be seeing them all (the former three at least) before the Japanese release.... I guess it would depend on the Nintendo Direct.....
I'll bet Ness is a starter and Lucas is an unlockable.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
We will probably get something like alternate costumes for link and Zelda if ganon isn't getting a reveal.

Or maybe a stage reveal
Or something like this.

Pic of the day. Hyrule Warriors is out today in Japan! To commemorate the occasion I had these three…people come together in a group shot.

(Link, Zelda and shiek)

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
If I remember correctly, Sakurai hasn't explained anything at all about Ike. He just revealed him one day and completely forgot to tell us anything about him.

He may do the same with Meta Knight.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Aside from the Directs and special announcements, this is the first time this year a character has been revealed in a regular PoD that wasn't on a Friday. I knew he was coming back from the beginning but I'm honestly surprised so many people believed he was either going to be cut or made into an unlockable character. This just lends more credence to :popo::wario: being shown in the next couple of weeks.
Oops... I meant to say on a day aside from Friday...
We actually have had veterans revealed through POTD on every day but Monday, but most on Thursday and Friday. It is nothing new.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I was awake for it all. The pre-hype, the picture and the post hype. I was just too tired to post, could hardly even think.

Anyways, Meta Knight reveal. I didn't use him in Brawl and I can't see myself using him in this game but he looks great. Metal gauntlets, battle damage, Ridley-esque wings and altogether appearing in HD. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't care about him being nerfed. Just keep him away from spamable projectiles, stupidly long grab ranges and chain grabs and I'm fine with him.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Restating my desire to see Kraid
Other than that, have fun waiting! I'll just be asleep until the potd is shown. Britain and all that.
Night

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed, because I was really expecting Ganondorf tomorrow. Oh well, I'll take Meta Knight.:4metaknight:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I going to deviate from my normal "Stage or Assist" for something about Meta Knight, maybe some info about the gauntlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom