• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For me the strange thing is he's so nonchalant about third party character trophies.

It's not like he posted a picture of say a Megaman or Sonic character as a trophy. Or hell even Snake as a trophy.

He posted a character who is third party and never even had a hint of content in Smash Brothers and was like "LULZ NO BIG DEAL HERE GUYS."

However logic also says to me that if it was truly an accident of posting something would give something away? He would've instantly taken it down. Yet he didn't he even commented about the newcomer reveal later in the day.
Which is why i say there's a reason for it.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Isn't it weird to think about the fact that Rayman is on a golden Smash Bros symbol?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well... that was the biggest what the hell moment I've had from a PoTD that I've had in a long, long time. Though since the comment indicates that they were given the model by Ubisoft. He seems unlikely to be playable as Sakurai generally creates new models for playable characters. Though the timing is curious whether it means anything or is just meant to play with people's heads. I have never played a Rayman game so I really have no interest in the character himself. It's still kind of amusing.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Today's POTD really surprised me... I didn't think that Rayman would get any representation at all. At the same time though, I'm pretty happy! Rayman was one of my favorite video game characters when I was little and the first game was actually one of first video games I've ever played. Smash Bros is also one of the first games I played as well. So to see Rayman in Smash Bros like this pretty much brings me back to my childhood days.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
New PotDs

Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play.

And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
New PotDs

Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play.

And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?
Nothing about Lucina? Dammit Sakurai!!! That doesn't make my confusion of her lessen!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I know little of Fire Emblem, but part of me wonders WTF Luigi did to piss off Lucina here.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Things to note in the trailer:
  • Lucina is a clone.
  • Ike's Eruption is blue (yay)
  • Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash.
  • Captain Falcon is epic.
  • Robin has a female alt.
  • Robin's tomes have limited uses, just like in Fire Emblem with weapon durability.
  • Did I mention Lucina is a clone?
  • If you heard any sounds of fire or explosions in the trailer, that's the sound of the Gematsu leak burning to the ground.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lol I had a feeling that he (Gematsu/Sal) was trolling us last night when he confirmed Shulk.
I just wish that he's said Ridley instead XD woulda been perfect!

But hey, didn't someone say that the Xenoblade creator had retweeted the smash bros announcement yesterday? Was he in on this prank with Sakurai? If you notice, when Lucina is revealed it says "Lucina Wakes Her Blade!?"
Notice the "!?", implying that it was a surprise. I have a conspiracy theory that Sakurai spread rumor of Shulk to make the reveal a true spectacle.

Anyway, for people saying that Chrom is straight up deconfirmed, wouldn't it make sense to have Chrom as an alternate skin for Lucina?
Then, if you're playing as Chrom, Lucina jumps in for the final smash.

Also, Lucina looks like a straight up clone of Marth, I know the website says she's a newcomer but could it be possible that she's just an elaborate alt for Marth with a different final smash?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Chrom is part of Robin's final s
Lol I had a feeling that he (Gematsu/Sal) was trolling us last night when he confirmed Shulk.
I just wish that he's said Ridley instead XD woulda been perfect!

But hey, didn't someone say that the Xenoblade creator had retweeted the smash bros announcement yesterday? Was he in on this prank with Sakurai? If you notice, when Lucina is revealed it says "Lucina Wakes Her Blade!?"
Notice the "!?", implying that it was a surprise. I have a conspiracy theory that Sakurai spread rumor of Shulk to make the reveal a true spectacle.

Anyway, for people saying that Chrom is straight up deconfirmed, wouldn't it make sense to have Chrom as an alternate skin for Lucina?
Then, if you're playing as Chrom, Lucina jumps in for the final smash.

Also, Lucina looks like a straight up clone of Marth, I know the website says she's a newcomer but could it be possible that she's just an elaborate alt for Marth with a different final smash?

Chrom was in Robin's final smash I thought...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hmm. Now that I think about it, if magic was involved here... Ness might've fit into the scene more than Captain Falcon.

Nevertheless, he was as flashy as ever.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Seeing Falcon in the Awakening Style animation was highly amusing I can say that much.

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is asking for a new F-Zero?
Sakurai confirmed to revive F-Zero after Smash and give him more reps in the next Smash.
...I wish :p

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai likes to give games a new flare when he revives them, so maybe we'll get an F-Zero game that's a mix of the classic racing with an actual Bounty Hunting mode of a different kind. I doubt the Miiverse comment is any sort of tease to a pending revival though.

Either way, it's great to see him back. I was quite confident in his return, but now there is zero doubt of him being back, and his new model looks great. He might be fifth in usage for me, but I definitely enjoy playing as him!

I'm thrilled that Robin is in though as his moveset is exactly what I was hoping for and finally gives Fire Emblem a bit of the diversity from its games in Smash that hasn't been obvious in past Smashes. I can't wait to get more details in future PotD.

The character I'm least excited about from the reveals in Lucina. She was ok in her own game, but she was intentionally designed to look like Marth, so there's not too much for her to bring to the table in terms of design. Moreover, her moves thus far look very similar to Marth's, making me think she'd have been a better costume than character. I could be surprised as we learn more about her though.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I really hope tonight's picture is about Lucina. I think she's a clone and am pretty sure she's not an alt costume, but a bit of solid info talking about her would be nice.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I really hope tonight's picture is about Lucina. I think she's a clone and am pretty sure she's not an alt costume, but a bit of solid info talking about her would be nice.
My first two thoughts go to her either being a weaker, faster Marth or having the gimmick Roy had in Melee. I suppose she could also be slower and more powerful.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Really hoping there's a PotD tonight and that it's something that indicates whether or not Lucina is a skin or a clone.

Shroob

Sup?
W
We're not even going to get a pic tonight, are we? We never get a PotD at night we we get a character.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Based on what the Smash Bros. website is showing, Lucina is a separate character.
I think so too but not everyone is buying it. Some rather hostile arguments have broken out over whether or not she is just a skin for Marth with her own box on the website. Really hoping the issue is laid to rest very soon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think so too but not everyone is buying it. Some rather hostile arguments have broken out over whether or not she is just a skin for Marth with her own box on the website. Really hoping the issue is laid to rest very soon.
By my perspective, she is a newcomer, since even though the trailer may have showed doubts on if Lucina truly is participating, those doubts were put to rest during the game play footage.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Eee I was right about Robin and Lucina as an alt!! Okay, I gatta quit gloating but uh...
Great to see Gematsu dead! Captain Falcon was a surprise! Will we see a Ness reveal sometime...? Ness and Falcon always seem to do the same thing so if Falcons a starter then Ness probably is too? But then times really running out for all these vets!
And wow, Sakurais comment "When will you get a new game of your own?" WOW. Kind of an ouch, but maybe just maybe hinting at a new game of his own soon? Would be pretty nice!

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
By my perspective, she is a newcomer, since even though the trailer may have showed doubts on if Lucina truly is participating, those doubts were put to rest during the game play footage.
I'm talking about whether she will be functionally different than Marth.

The issue is that within the gameplay footage, all of the moves that were shown off were the same as Marth's. Same neutral air, up air, side b, and up b.

So we either have a Marth/Roy situation - same moveset, different properties - or she's a skin of Marth being treated as her own unique character. There isn't sufficient evidence suggesting either way, so I'm hoping we get something tonight that addresses these concerns.

Shroob

Sup?
Again, are we even guaranteed a pic tonight? We didn't get one with Mac, and I'm pretty sure we didn't with Greninja or Rosalina either.

The fact that Sakurai completely skipped over her in today's PotD only makes matters more confusing.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
From what I've noticed in the new Pics of the Day from the reveal, Lucina seems to be overshadowed by Robin again. We already see how unique Robin plays to the other FE characters, but Lucina is still in the shadows, but seems to play similar to Marth.

Maybe she is a clone after all, and they know that, so they're giving more limelight to Robin and his spellcasting moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom