• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Again, are we even guaranteed a pic tonight? We didn't get one with Mac, and I'm pretty sure we didn't with Greninja or Rosalina either.

The fact that Sakurai completely skipped over her in today's PotD only makes matters more confusing.
This happened in the evening in Japan, right? By tonight, it will be a new day over there. That's why I suspect this won't disrupt the picture flow.

Staarih

Smash Master
This happened in the evening in Japan, right? By tonight, it will be a new day over there. That's why I suspect this won't disrupt the picture flow.
Yeah, the video went live like 11pm or something in Japan, so now it's already a new day over there and as such, I do think we'll get a new pic like we normally do.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Plot Twist: Marth plays like Brawl Marth and Lucina plays like Melee Marth.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And on this note and the blow that Gematsu took, there's no reason for Lucas not to make it now. If this game can have Toon Link and Lucina as semiclones, it can certainly have Lucas.
I don't see why people are more concered over Lucas when we haven't even seen Ness yet. Not officially anyway.

The only vague evidence we have is this super special awesome Ness render.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I don't see why people are more concered over Lucas when we haven't even seen Ness yet. Not officially anyway.

The only vague evidence we have is this super special awesome Ness render.

Actually, pretty sure Mr Saturn and the franklin badge are back in as items. So that can be used as evidence.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Actually, pretty sure Mr Saturn and the franklin badge are back in as items. So that can be used as evidence.
True, true. It's just weird that he's being held back for this long, considering one of Earthbound's developers, HAL Laboratory, are also behind the Smash series.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I heard Marth isn't as good in the air now. Maybe Marth has better ground game while Lucina has better air game.

D

Deleted member

True, true. It's just weird that he's being held back for this long, considering one of Earthbound's developers, HAL Laboratory, are also behind the Smash series.
It's because Shulk is still playable, and Ness is in Shulk's trailer. Lucas will be revealed later.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's because Shulk is still playable, and Ness is in Shulk's trailer. Lucas will be revealed later.

We don't know Shulk's validity now, what with the popular leak crumbling apart with false allegations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We don't know Shulk's validity now, what with the popular leak crumbling apart with false allegations.
You don't say? Shulk has other things in his favor besides fake leaks though. I was mostly joking, but whatever. It is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You don't say? Shulk has other things in his favor besides fake leaks though. I was mostly joking, but whatever. It is possible.
Of course, he still has a chance. Except he shares the same chance as many other characters now :p, without the leak for backup.

Still a decent chance, nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Falcon was only revealed today, 3 months before the Japanese release of the 3DS version.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, my idea regarding Rayman's trophy:

If you remember, in Brawl trophies were divided by franchises (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Sonic, and then the "Other" page"). Now, I think Sakurai is going all-out with trophies, bringing their number to new insane records (I'm expecting at least a thousand of them).
I also think that he wants to represent Nintendo's history in the largest way possible, including even more third parties even if not playable.
The trophies will be divided in two parts first: Nintendo and Third Party (with a different name probably). The first will be divided itself in the different Nintendo franchises, while the other one will be divided by developer. So we'd have Namco/Bandai's part with Pac-Man, the Galaga ships and other things. We'd also have Capcom with a variety of Mega Man trophies, and even some by Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright. We could have the trophy for Ryu without him being playable, or maybe with him being an assist trophy. Konami will have Snake, Belmont and other stuff.
Now, probably the developer could have one character playable, in this case the mascot of their house. So maybe Rayman will still turn out playable, but I have no idea at this point.
I simply would love something like this to happen. Also that hint at the end of Pac-Man's trailer regarding the date makes me think that some sort of "timeline" mode will be available, when you'll be able to pass through a series of different images of many games (simple frames or screenshots) of all the franchises to see their evolution, and compare it with others, similar to that History mode in Brawl which was interesting but pretty basic.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ray man is the rayMan.

Have I played any of his games for more than a span of 5 minutes?

nope.

Do I think its cool that he's a trophy?

yump.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh my god! I can't believe he ACTUALLY said that! I'm laughing and crying tears of blood over here!
*Laughs*

Here's what they're not telling you: He's back, and better than ever... and Sakurai doesn't want to show him yet. :)

D

Deleted member

*Laughs*

Here's what they're not telling you: He's back, and better than ever... and Sakurai doesn't want to show him yet. :)
If Ness returned and he didn't have such an easily gimp-able recovery and wasn't as light I would run out on the streets laughing like a mad man.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
At least it makes sense now why Falcon was being held back. They needed him for Robin's reveal trailer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom