• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hey, my lazy photoshop is your avi : D

I'd like to see Lucina expanded on more personally tonight, but Robin is also good

I got too much of a laugh out of it, so thanks for the avatar!

And thank you, Sakurai, for the Avatar. Heh.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, for some reason I see him only clarifying such things on Friday. Like "Chrom appears in Robin's final smash, what a dude" and "Lucina is a newcomer but shares many techniques with her ancestor, Marth" and all that. But maybe we'll get some smaller scale stuff like... explaining how Robin's tomes work?

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I really REALLY like the additions of Lucina and Robin, and I didn't even play Awakening. The characters have some sort of charm, they make me want to go to the store, buy Awakening, and play it all day. So yeah, I wouldn't mind Lucina or Robin in today's pic.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I feel like we'll get something on neither of the newcomers knowing Sakurai. He'll probably ignore their existence. Lol.
"Pic of the Day. There hasn't been a Pic of the Day focusing on King Dedede in a while. Here he is. I just can't stress enough how expressive he is now!"

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, I think Robin has the most badass introduction yet out of all the fighters. (Lucina's was kind of lame tbh).

Megaman is a close second. Little Mac third. Greninja probably 4th. The rest were honestly terrible.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey! The Pic of the Day is a new character

Some white haired kid from Fire Emblem or something

and a chick

Are they a tag team?

Like Ice climbers?

Edit: They are even paired together in the render. BUT they don't seem to have a screenshot together

Edit 2: I was wrong, there is one

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yeah, for some reason I see him only clarifying such things on Friday. Like "Chrom appears in Robin's final smash, what a dude" and "Lucina is a newcomer but shares many techniques with her ancestor, Marth" and all that. But maybe we'll get some smaller scale stuff like... explaining how Robin's tomes work?
This would be awesome. I want to understand the tomes, since I plan on maining Robin, and they look excellently powerful, especially the Natsferatu, IT HEALS HIM FOR CRUSTS SAKE. And I also want some info on the Bronze Sword and the Levin Sword.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if we got nothing on Lucina, Robin or Captain Falcon. Wouldn't be the first time a newcomer is igored after reveal (looking at you, Palutena). Hopefully we do get clarifications right off the bat this time though.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sakurai definitely needs to explain how does Robin's tomes and Levin Sword work. No one knows at all.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Are we going to even get a pic today or did the Robin picture count as today's pic?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I would like a LOT of clearing up on Lucina to see if she is different at all from Marth.

Although I just love Robin so much...I wouldn't mind info on him either!

Or, just some epic Falcon buffs.
Well we already know she is at least SOMEWHAT different; people have pointed out that she has no glowing tip on her sword trails, meaning unlike Marth, she doesn't do extra damage with the tip of her blade. It would be nice to know more differences, though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Back to the POtDs then. Should see the focus firmly being on Robin and Lucina and I'm fine with that as long as we get some small details along the way.

Of course knowing Sakurai these past 24 hours...:dazwa:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
The robin pic was technically posted on Tuesday in Japan....sooo do we have to wait until Wednesday?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Might as well want another Palutena one before the flood of Lucina/Robin/Falcon pics making much of the other characters forgotten, unless it happens tonight. *shrug*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
April 8: Smash Direct, 5 banners up.
(15 day gap)
April 23: Smash Direct 5 banners down.
(30 day gap)
May 23: Ike announced, Ike banner up.
(18 day gap)
June 10: Ike banner down.
June 10-11: E3: Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman banners up.
(22 day gap)
July 2: E3 banners down.
(12 day gap)
July 14: Robin, Lucina, Capn. Falcon banners up
Awaiting next character reveal.

Why doesn't Lucina have a newcomer banner like the rest of the newcomers? Site layout isn't an excuse because we had character boxes placement changed to fit newer newcomers before.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I really REALLY like the additions of Lucina and Robin, and I didn't even play Awakening. The characters have some sort of charm, they make me want to go to the store, buy Awakening, and play it all day. So yeah, I wouldn't mind Lucina or Robin in today's pic.
That happens when characters can talk, which many Smash characters can't :) I've never played a single Fire Emblem game, but I feel like a I got a pretty good sense of who Lucina and Robin are from their trailer, or at least a base level understanding. It's why I like things like the Star Fox characters special victory quotes, Snake's codecs, Pit and Paluten'a s interactions in her trailer, all that jazz.

Shroob

Sup?
April 8: Smash Direct, 5 banners up.
(15 day gap)
April 23: Smash Direct 5 banners down.
(30 day gap)
May 23: Ike announced, Ike banner up.
(18 day gap)
June 10: Ike banner down.
June 10-11: E3: Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman banners up.
(22 day gap)
July 2: E3 banners down.
(12 day gap)
July 14: Robin, Lucina, Capn. Falcon banners up
Awaiting next character reveal.

Why doesn't Lucina have a newcomer banner like the rest of the newcomers? Site layout isn't an excuse because we had character boxes placement changed to fit newer newcomers before.
By banner do you mean boxes, or the black face banners? She has the latter for me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That happens when characters can talk, which many Smash characters can't :) I've never played a single Fire Emblem game, but I feel like a I got a pretty good sense of who Lucina and Robin are from their trailer, or at least a base level understanding. It's why I like things like the Star Fox characters special victory quotes, Snake's codecs, Pit and Paluten'a s interactions in her trailer, all that jazz.
And that's also why I want gombella codec if Paper Mario is in.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh hey! The Pic of the Day is a new character

Some white haired kid from Fire Emblem or something

and a chick

Are they a tag team?

Like Ice climbers?

Edit: They are even paired together in the render. BUT they don't seem to have a screenshot together

Edit 2: I was wrong, there is one

Did you miss yesterday's Smash Livestream reveal trailer?

Captain Falcon, Lucina (FE), and Robin (Male and Female skins) have been revealed.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
By banner do you mean boxes, or the black face banners? She has the latter for me.
Sorry, I meant the rectangle + artwork they get down there with the rest of the characters. She didn't even get the special poster.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sorry, I meant the rectangle + artwork they get down there with the rest of the characters. She didn't even get a special poster.
Yeah, most likely because she is, simply, a clone. She is a newcomer, and it of course says Newcomer in her pages, but it's neat that Sakurai really makes a difference with clones. ^^

Anyways, there should be a Pic today, right? Right?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, most likely because she is, simply, a clone. She is a newcomer, and it of course says Newcomer in her pages, but it's neat that Sakurai really makes a difference with clones. ^^

Anyways, there should be a Pic today, right? Right?
Sakurai never said there was none (only time was back in December).

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
The only reason why her box isn't longer is because she doesn't have a poster like every other newcomer because her poster is combined with Robin.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I...don't really think there will be a PotD today. If there's nothing by midnight, I'm turning in for the night.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Sorry, I meant the rectangle + artwork they get down there with the rest of the characters. She didn't even get the special poster.
She does get the full rectangle on the mobile site, though she doesn't get the artwork because she shares it with Robin and I guess they believed posting it twice would be redundant.
I...don't really think there will be a PotD today. If there's nothing by midnight, I'm turning in for the night.
I would say if there isn't anything by 12:20 you should turn in, since Sakurai has usually been posting the pic a few minutes after 12.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The only reason why her box isn't longer is because she doesn't have a poster like every other newcomer because her poster is combined with Robin.
Sucks if this were the case, they could have given her her own, but since they even share a release trailer I guess it makes sense, oh well. Come to think of it, the Mii fighters didn't get their artwork either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom