• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
What, you mean like how Sega apparently owns Bayonetta?

They're both the same cases. Just because it had a published game exclusive to the Wii U doesn't mean 101 is Nintendo's.

Not budging from this regardless of whatever is said.
The problem is not the similarity to Bayonetta, but the contract. And as they said maaaaaaaaaany times, the contract said it's Nintendo's property, not PG's.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, MonadoMondays pretty much feel like all other mondays, now Rayman Mondays or Ridley Mondays, now that's something to get excited about!

Also, Nintendo OWNS W101

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What, you mean like how Sega apparently owns Bayonetta?

They're both the same cases. Just because it had a published game exclusive to the Wii U doesn't mean 101 is Nintendo's.

Not budging from this regardless of whatever is said.
You are an idiot.

W101 is owned by Nintendo, even though it's made by platinum. I've seen the online documents myself

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
OK but it is. Don't have nothing to prove it honestly and not interested in searching for it, so well whatever.
It's not like you're obligated to prove it or anything, so that's no biggie. If I really felt that unsure, I'd go double check myself instead sending a gopher to prove it instead.

Gotta find the info you want yourself unless you just can't find it. THEN you ask for help.

You are an idiot.

W101 is owned by Nintendo, even though it's made by platinum. I've seen the online documents myself
Calling someone an idiot and vaguely going "I've seen the online documents myself" definitely isn't a good way to get someone to listen to you. Little tip for ya.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Oh god. If Ray Man is revealed playable it's no longer Monado Monday it's My Nightmare Monday.
hey it proves there is more than gematsu so we get rayman you get shulk and we all get more hype newcomers. Everybodys happy!

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm really... really confused. Why get the rights to show off third-party trophies in the game but not third-party characters or assist trophies from the same company? I mean, nothing says yet that Rayman isn't an assist trophy, but... just a trophy? That seems like something really weird to put into the game in the first place.

What next? Tiny Toon Adventures assist trophies from the old NES days? Like.. I really don't get this at all.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
HOLLUP WAT.

I thought I was dreaming when I first saw this, but now I'm just in shock. I really hope this doesn't mean a fourth third party.

domokl

Smash Lord
I'm really... really confused. Why get the rights to show off third-party trophies in the game but not third-party characters or assist trophies from the same company? I mean, nothing says yet that Rayman isn't an assist trophy, but... just a trophy? That seems like something really weird to put into the game in the first place.

What next? Tiny Toon Adventures assist trophies from the old NES days? Like.. I really don't get this at all.
which is one of the reasons people think rayman is the character getting revealed today.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Okay, that's not cool. Please do not insult another user like that.
Alright, sorry. I get upset when someone denies the facts outright, despite multiple users correcting him. There could be far worse things that could have been said, but if what I said bothers you, I apologize.

domokl

Smash Lord
HOLLUP WAT.

I thought I was dreaming when I first saw this, but now I'm just in shock. I really hope this doesn't mean a fourth third party.
Atleast it would prove we are gettig more than gematsu though which is a plus.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
which is one of the reasons people think rayman is the character getting revealed today.
But why tease a reveal set for noon and then show off a picture of a trophy at 3 am? It really doesn't make sense. To me, that screams that Rayman is nothing more than a trophy, but it's just kind of upsetting and odd to see that in the first place.

domokl

Smash Lord
But why tease a reveal set for noon and then show off a picture of a trophy at 3 am? It really doesn't make sense. To me, that screams that Rayman is nothing more than a trophy, but it's just kind of upsetting and odd to see that in the first place.
to throw people off. Its sakurai here and he probably know we were expecting shulk. He also got a redesign

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
The way the description is worded on this pic is really weird, and makes me think this was supposed to be shown after Rayman's reveal as a newcomer, i.e, this picture was not meant to be today, and the character we are getting tonight is Rayman.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder if we might get a Rayman stage even if we don't get Rayman playable?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Rayman description does seem weird. It dosent even introduce him.
Right? That's the part that confuses me. It's like he's talking about it like it's common knowledge that Rayman is in Smash Bros. or something. Like "oh yeah, we got this trophy from Ubisoft for Rayman and it's pretty cool" and doesn't explain what the frick Rayman is doing in Smash Bros. in the first place. xD

domokl

Smash Lord
Right? That's the part that confuses me. It's like he's talking about it like it's common knowledge that Rayman is in Smash Bros. or something. Like "oh yeah, we got this trophy from Ubisoft for Rayman and it's pretty cool" and doesn't explain what the frick Rayman is doing in Smash Bros. in the first place. xD
Yeah its like is he a character or an AT or just a trophy. Tell us sakurai!!!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

So, uh, yeah... Sakurai just casually shattered a long standing convention of Smash the morning before a major character reveal. I guess minor third party character content is now a thing and, aside from trophies, I wouldn't be surprised if several third party assist trophies that don't have ties to playable characters became a thing too. Also, I'm just going to put this out there, if Geno or Mallow don't get a trophy this time, I'm going to cry like a spoiled brat because it would be genuinely cruel not to at this point. Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Moogle, Travis Touchdown, Professor Layton, Bayonetta... this really opens the flood gate of possibilities.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
A Rayman trophy? I didn't see that coming at all. I definitely hope the Rabbids are not playable, but it seems odd that Ubisoft would get a trophy without having some character playable.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well we can't say for sure on what Sakurai is thinking, i doubt minor third party content will happen. As you all know, Sakruai is rather strict when it comes to third party.

Personally, i think there's a bigger reason for the Rayman trophy.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well we can't say for sure on what Sakurai is thinking, i doubt minor third party content will happen. As you all know, Sakruai is rather strict when it comes to third party.

Personally, i think there's a bigger reason for the Rayman trophy.
Well, there was that rumour about Rayman being considered but not making the cut because there were problems (those limbs).
Maybe the trophy is a consolation prize for Ubisoft.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well, there was that rumour about Rayman being considered but not making the cut because there were problems (those limbs).
Those "missing limbs" shouldn't really be a problem.

Seeing as technically he has them in his 3D models. They're textured in a way so they're invisible.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys its just a trophy if it meant anything more than that every character who was "deconfirmed" because of a trophy reveal would suddenly be possible again, just because its 3rd party doesnt make it special

domokl

Smash Lord
I doubt namco of all teams would not be able to make that work though

Morbi

Scavenger
guys its just a trophy if it meant anything more than that every character who was "deconfirmed" because of a trophy reveal would suddenly be possible again, just because its 3rd party doesnt make it special
I would honestly assert that his 3rd party status does make him special. However, given the context of the PoTD, I highly doubt that he is playable without a character page or that Sakurai would reveal him a day early.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would honestly assert that his 3rd party status does make him special. However, given the context of the PoTD, I highly doubt that he is playable without a character page or that Sakurai would reveal him a day early.
Sakurai has revealed pictures at wrong times before. (That's how the Polar Bear got confirmed as an enemy in Smash Run)

Or he just didn't have a troll image today and just said "**** it."

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai has revealed pictures at wrong times before. (That's how the Polar Bear got confirmed as an enemy in Smash Run)

Or he just didn't have a troll image today and just said "**** it."
It is certainly possible, not probable.

The Polar Bear was confirmed through the PoTD? I vaguely remember being aware of him prior to that day. I could be incorrect though, my memory is repugnant.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It is certainly possible, not probable.

The Polar Bear was confirmed through the PoTD? I vaguely remember being aware of him prior to that day. I could be incorrect though, my memory is repugnant.
He accidentally leaked it in a pic of the day. Although we knew of it's existence way before that due to those screenshot dumps that happen after events where Smash bros is present. The leak was just the official confirmation.

Here's the image. You didn't see it because Sakurai caught it and took it down.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, it's not like Rayman is the only limbless character out there. Nintendo has made some limbless characters as well, with one of them actually being fairly recent.

Kirby Triple Deluxe's Queen Sectonia.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
For me the strange thing is he's so nonchalant about third party character trophies.

It's not like he posted a picture of say a Megaman or Sonic character as a trophy. Or hell even Snake as a trophy.

He posted a character who is third party and never even had a hint of content in Smash Brothers and was like "LULZ NO BIG DEAL HERE GUYS."

However logic also says to me that if it was truly an accident of posting something would give something away? He would've instantly taken it down. Yet he didn't he even commented about the newcomer reveal later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom