• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Like @ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said, there's a lot of hints towards veterans to be included:

:falcon: The Samurai Goroh AT; Mentioned by Sakurai in Famitsu
:popo: Polar Bear in Smash Run; mentioned by Sakurai in Famitsu
:metaknight: The Halberd as a returning stage
:gw: His appearance in Pac-Man's trailer; confirmed in-game at roundtable
:ness2: Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge as items
:warioc: Ashley and Waluigi ATs; present in Nintendo Digital Event
:ganondorf: Present in Nintendo Digital Event

There's only a few characters that haven't been hinted at (:falco::jigglypuff::rob::wolf:) and the others are speculated to be cut (:ivysaur::lucas::snake::squirtle:). Either way, a character reveal would be nice to see tonight. I'm leaning towards :warioc:/:gw:/:metaknight:, but others would be nice.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
People seem pretty confident that Wario's going to be the next veteran shown. Just as a recap :popo::metaknight::lucas::wario:are the only Brawl starting roster veterans that haven't been shown yet with :popo::metaknight::wario: virtually confirmed thanks to stuff shown since the Smash Direct in April. I think :metaknight: will be last because I think they're going to try to make a big deal out of the chances he's probably received to balance him out. I used to think that the :popo: were going to receive some big changes but now I'm not so sure. Last August, Sakurai said that he was having trouble programming several characters into the 3DS version while specifically mentioning the :popo:. This led people to speculate that there was going to be changes made to characters that could change between characters (:zelda:/:sheik:, :samus2:/:zerosuitsamus:, and :pt:) or had multiple characters on screen at once (:popo::olimar:). In the April Direct, these theories turned out to be true as :4zelda: and :4sheik: were made into separate characters as were :4samus: and :4zss:, :4charizard: was made as a stand alone character, and :4olimar: had three Pikmin instead of six. At E3 this year, however, Sakurai said that these changes were made for the sake of balancing and to let players focus more on one particular character at a time. This begs the question if this is the truth or half true and the issues with the 3DS were never fully figured out. It was curious that of all the SSB4 newcomers, :rosalina: was the only one not in the 3DS demo, a character that some people argue is just as complicated as the :popo: but we have seen plenty of screens with :rosalina: in the 3DS version so we know that she has to be functional to at least some degree. This makes me wonder if the :popo: have had big chances to better suit the 3DS version of if they found a way to make them work just the way they were in Brawl.
Like @ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said, there's a lot of hints towards veterans to be included:

There's only a few characters that haven't been hinted at (:falco::jigglypuff::rob::wolf:) and the others are speculated to be cut (:ivysaur::lucas::snake::squirtle:). Either way, a character reveal would be nice to see tonight. I'm leaning towards :warioc:/:gw:/:metaknight:, but others would be nice.
Thank you guys for the awesome recap. :)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nah, Lucas is cut
....word hurt, you know.

I would love for Lucas to be revealed, though. However, Ness would probably get shown off before they show off Lucas (if he's even in, of course). So I shall wait for him.

As for tonight, low expectations. I think it will be something to do with Pac-Man's moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge hint just as much toward Lucas as they do Ness. The big issue is that Lucas has many things against him, unlike Ness. I'd love to see him return, as it would be the most hype return since Ike.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some people argue that :falco: :jigglypuff: are basically confirmed by logical deduction. With :4luigi:confirmed, :falcon::ness2: strongly hinted at, and all the other Pokemon from Brawl confirmed (if you count :4charizard:as a "condensed" version of :pt:) , :jigglypuff: is argued to basically be a lock. With :falco:, people suggest he's back because all the Melee veterans are basically confirmed in some form except him. Some people also use similar arguments for :lucas: (being the only starting roster Brawl character not strongly hinted at yet) but many people argue that the doubts casted by the Gematsu leak strongly suggest he got the boot.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know why people are so quick to think Lucas will be cut. It hasn't even been 10 years since Mother 3 was released, so I'm sure the Japanese Mother fanbase would be heartbroken if he was cut.

As for tonight, I'd expect Wario or Mr. Game & Watch to be revealed.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Many people view Lucas as expendable. Eh, not me.

Again, I'm fairly certain we will NOT get a character. Maybe next week or the week after, but it doesn't seem like the right time tomorrow.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thanks to Lucas being a Japanese exclusive that's part of a dead franchise, he is kind of expendable unfortunately. With Toon Link coming back, I really don't see much of a reason for him to go. Snake was dubbed as a "guest" from the get-go and with transformation characters being a thing of the past it makes sense that Squirtle and Ivysaur are likely gone but Lucas' potential cut doesn't make much sense to me. When it comes to the Brawl newcomers left, Wolf is the second most expendable and I'd argue that there's more reasons for him to go than Lucas but I can easily see Lucas losing if it were to come down to the two of them just because Wolf has more of a history as a character and a bigger fanbase.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Look at these statistics:

1. Its exactly a month after E3. Olimar was release don year from today, and Olimar is an anagram for Mario. Wario is Mario upside down!
2. Wario World 11th Anniversary is Today
3. The Alternate Costume Updates the past two weeks
4. American Mario: Based on an original mario golf title, which in turn wario has been apart of since the 90s.

The Wario Hype Train will begin loading at 2:30am!! LETS GRASP AT ALL THE STRAWS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucas is currently the only character in Smash at this point that's Japan-exclusive. Though at the time Lucas was added to Brawl's roster, I don't think Sakurai could have known that he wouldn't be an international character.

Given Sakurai's statement in Brawl's development that there is difficulty in including characters only released in Japan because Smash is an international franchise, the fact Lucas is Japan-exclusive could easily be an influence on his potential exclusion.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Lucas is currently the only character in Smash at this point that's Japan-exclusive. Though at the time Lucas was added to Brawl's roster, I don't think Sakurai could have known that he wouldn't be an international character.

Given Sakurai's statement in Brawl's development that there is difficulty in including characters only released in Japan because Smash is an international franchise, the fact Lucas is Japan-exclusive could easily be an influence on his potential exclusion.
Had never considered that as a factor before. Possibly one of the reasons Roy was excluded from Brawl.

How to fix this issue? Release en English version of Mother 3 over the Virtual Console. The publicity that would cause would be crazy.

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Mother 3 is pretty much confirmed for America. Stephen Totilo from Kotaku asked Reggie if Mother 3 was coming to America and he said you can't ask me that yet. Basically cofirming there not ready to reveal it yet.

So come on :lucas: I believe in you

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I didn't end up seeing the picture until later than usual today, but it was worth the wait. I can't say I was expecting the Mario costume we got, but it's interesting. The Samus one looks really good though, even if it isn't completely true to the source. I'll definitely pick it a lot of the time!

Shroob

Sup?
Mother 3 is pretty much confirmed for America. Stephen Totilo from Kotaku asked Reggie if Mother 3 was coming to America and he said you can't ask me that yet. Basically cofirming there not ready to reveal it yet.

So come on :lucas: I believe in you
They've been saying that since people started asking way back when Mother 3 came out in Japan.

D

Deleted member

Had never considered that as a factor before. Possibly one of the reasons Roy was excluded from Brawl.

How to fix this issue? Release en English version of Mother 3 over the Virtual Console. The publicity that would cause would be crazy.

Well technically, Roy was in Fire Emblem 7 making a cameo as a child.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be honest, I feel like the filler screenshots should continue, so that way, they'll put an end to the leak insanity that I see a lot.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wario Wriday.
I just changed the name of a Day.
Deal with it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I find it kind of insulting that they referenced Mother 3 in the Digital Event, and the result was Reggie burning a rabid fanboy, but yet they referenced Star Fox, and that turned out to be leading up to Star Fox U. It's a skit, though, so maybe I'm just too butthurt.

Either way, I'm going to be a bit disappointed if Gematsu is correct and they cut Lucas, and he doesn't show up as DLC. I suppose there is hope: The list Romano "received" would have to be an older variation, since Greninja is stated as "a Pokemon from X/Y", and Sakurai basically confirmed at the roundtable that there was a reserved spot for one on the roster. Here's to hoping they could add him in during that time!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
America Mario and Storm Trooper Samus? Sounds legit.
I find it kind of insulting that they referenced Mother 3 in the Digital Event, and the result was Reggie burning a rabid fanboy, but yet they referenced Star Fox, and that turned out to be leading up to Star Fox U. It's a skit, though, so maybe I'm just too butthurt.

Either way, I'm going to be a bit disappointed if Gematsu is correct and they cut Lucas, and he doesn't show up as DLC. I suppose there is hope: The list Romano "received" would have to be an older variation, since Greninja is stated as "a Pokemon from X/Y", and Sakurai basically confirmed at the roundtable that there was a reserved spot for one on the roster. Here's to hoping they could add him in during that time!
Don't forget that Reggie incinerated the Star Fox guy. Makes one wonder...

Espio264

Smash Ace
Somebody mentioned this a few posts back, but:

Last year the E3 announcement was Tuesday, June 11th. Olimar was announced Friday, July 12th.

This year the E3 announcement was Tuesday, June 10th. And tomorrow is Friday, July 11th.

We've hit the minimum amount of days allowed by Sakurai to reveal a Veteran after E3. By that logic, you're all right, and tomorrow makes great sense for a reveal.

And by that logic, it's too easy. I want Wario sure, or any other Veteran, but I'm gonna set my expectations at Alternate Costume Sexy Ponytail Racing Suit Peach and Rosalina.

Damn. Now I'm gonna be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what I just noticed?
...Me neither.
But I'm pretty sure it had to do with Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Leak or no leak, Wario is probably being revealed tomorrow. I feel it.

He's such an important character to have saved for this long. Meta Knight and Ice Climbers will likely be showcased in a Direct to show off their inevitable nerfs. Ness and Cap are likely secret.

It's all Wario, baby.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Leak or no leak, Wario is probably being revealed tomorrow. I feel it.

He's such an important character to have saved for this long. Meta Knight and Ice Climbers will likely be showcased in a Direct to show off their inevitable nerfs. Ness and Cap are likely secret.

It's all Wario, baby.
#WarioWriday
These Wario trends won't stop until he's confirmed, will they? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom