• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Were Mario and Luigi's origins in Brooklyn ever stated within canon material? I can't be too certain since most people usually refer to the TV show for that point.
I said this in the Mario thread but this is the next costume Sakurai reveals

Also, we already have DIC Mario if you give the Red overall Mario a Red Hat.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
HOLY ****, TOMORROW WILL BE THE 11th ANNIVERSARY OF WARIO WORLD. just realized this.

It was released in Australia July 11th, 2003!!!!!
Oh! Really? Well then my stance of "Theres gatta be a veteran soon but I dunno who" has changed to "WAHAHA"

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Its not the light suit guys its this costume from multiplayer do some fact checking before you *****

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This is the best update since ever.

Seriously, Metroid Prime Player 2/Light Suit Samus AND Patriotic Mario? This makes me super excited for whatever other costumes and palette swaps Sakurai has in store. If he's going this obscure, maybe there's hope for Referee Mario from Punch-Out!! after all!

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
It's still not too likely that every, or even most characters will get a true alternate costume with varying character models and geometry. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager kind of needed them, since by their nature they are more like variable avatars than actual characters.

And Little Mac's jumpsuit was already modeled for his entrance animation, so it was quick and easy for Sakurai to make it playable.

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
No idea what they could do to mr.game and watch though. Maybe a tie on him idk.
They could give him his look from the Pac-Man trailer (if that's his default then he could have his more well known look as an alt.)

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
As soon as I woke up, I saw the PotD and thought "Oh, yeah! Osaka drum-playing puppet Mario! Sakurai is giving us what we want!" Then I read the caption and got REALLY disappointed.

(This is a joke, btw)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream that Blossom from Powerpuff girls was revealed last night, and bubbles was a character BUT buttercup was just an alternate costume

And instead of using Mojo jojo as the villain character, they used Princess Morbucks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One more day for Wario to show before the "Genmatsu Plus" rumor is debunked.

D

Deleted member

Really? Why is that? Can someone update me on the Gematsu Leak? I don't follow the news.
It's a different leak from the Gematsu leak.
Someone posted on Gamefaqs on July 3rd that they received information that the remaining Newcomers are Chrom, Shulk, "Chorus Trio" (the remaining three of the Gematsu leak), Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Isaac. And Mewtwo is returning.
The user said that to verify this info that the informant stated that Wario would be revealed "before the end of next week".

There was a separate yet similar "leak" on 4chan where a foul-mouthed user who doesn't seem to know how 4chan works claims to have play-tested the game saw Ridley, Mewtwo, Shulk, and the Chorus Kids (though he didn't know what they were and described them as "three white Game & Watch dudes" if I remember right).

Tomorrow is the last day Wario can be revealed before the rumor is debunked.
I don't really believe it, but better to see it to the end.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh my god, I wish I didn't go to sleep right before this was put up on the site.
This is probably one of my favorite PotD's.

Usually the ones with the drastic pallet swaps or the new costumes make me feel all happy inside, but holy Murica, Mario!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Actually I'm pretty sure the leaker said that Wario would be revealed before the 18th.

So we have to wait another week if Wario isn't revealed.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Im just feeling Wario tonight. i dunno. I feel it more then i ever had before. is it just me? In all honesty, I legit feel a waft a brewing..... Im serious.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

Its not the light suit guys its this costume from multiplayer do some fact checking before you *****
I think everyone knows today's pic is not the real light suit. But it's obvious that color above was derived from the light suit since they come from the exact same game. For all intents and purposes that is our Smash Light Suit without actually getting the real light suit. >:(

D

Deleted member

Actually I'm pretty sure the leaker said that Wario would be revealed before the 18th.

So we have to wait another week if Wario isn't revealed.
No. It was "before the end of next week".
And that was last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
3rd party Nintendo direct? Veteran reveal by the end of the week? Obviously we are getting :snake: tomorrow.

inb4 someone thinks I 100 percent think snake will be confirmed tomorrow

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
3rd party Nintendo direct? Veteran reveal by the end of the week? Obviously we are getting :snake: tomorrow.

inb4 someone thinks I 100 percent think snake will be confirmed tomorrow
I could sure use a Snack tomorrow tbh.

If any veteran is to be revealed tomorrow (and I actually firmly believe nobody is going to be revealed tomorrow), it would be someone nobody would expect because they've traditionally been unlockable.

Let's go Captain Falcon~

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I could sure use a Snack tomorrow tbh.

If any veteran is to be revealed tomorrow (and I actually firmly believe nobody is going to be revealed tomorrow), it would be someone nobody would expect because they've traditionally been unlockable.

Let's go Captain Falcon~
Except in Melee :troll:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Were Mario and Luigi's origins in Brooklyn ever stated within canon material? I can't be too certain since most people usually refer to the TV show for that point.
When charles martinet auditioned for the voice of mario, he was told mario is a plumber from brooklyn. He was the only person that went the happy go lucky route, life career secured.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I dunno if I want Wario revealed just yet actually. Sometimes the Hype is better then the imnevidible payoff.

Statistically he does have the highest chance of returning, on par with Falcon.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I really believe we're only going to get in the lower 30s on stages for both versions. I could be not totally shocked to pass that somewhat, but over 40 stages in either version would just blow me away and completely defy my expectations. I certainly don't think Wii U is going to get favoritism; it would be convenient for us, but I don't think that's actually how it works. And yeah, while from a customer's perspective splitting stages between versions is inconvenient and more expensive, I don't see how development wise it would really make sense to make 80+ stages for what is being produced as a single game especially when Brawl probably had more stages than it really needed to succeed in the first place.

I have a lot of logic I could apply for why so many stages wouldn't make sense, but let's think about the reveal cycle. We do only know 18 stages per version right now, and after tomorrow's picture we'll be at just two months of reveals before the Japanese 3DS release. The pace of stage reveals they'd need in order to reach Brawl's stage roster is pretty ridiculous; they could show us a new stage every week excluding tomorrow's picture (which even if it's a veteran with a stage will likely be a veteran with a Wii U stage) and still only be at 27 stages shown by 3DS launch. It just seems more likely to me that, instead of us just having stages rained on us en masse late, that there just aren't so many stages to be shown. Now, I love my stages and would love to be wrong about this, but I just don't think it's likely.
Except the WiiU game IS a separate game. The WiiU version also doesn't come out until winter. Why would they have to reveal ALL of the WiiU stages before the 3ds comes out?

Also console versions of games are always bigger, have more data and are more in depth then the handheld, at least for big production games.

They will have at least 40 stages for WiiU, they will be revealed after 3ds launches. Sakurai will still need Potd surprises.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
This update made me so damn happy that they're actually putting effort into alt colours/costumes.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Was happy to see NES Open Mario. I mean of all the games from my past I've played I wasn't expecting to see shown in smash somehow.. That was pretty shocking and amazing

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
That Mario outfit made me smile so hard. I just watched a movie called America, and expected to be filled with pride but it was pretty negative alot of the time, but then my American spirit was brought back by Mario's flashy overalls. I wonder if Sakurai meant to show that outfit as part of a 4th of July kind of thing?

I thought that the samus alternate color had already been revealed,I forgot that it was shown in project m, not smash 4. Ya don't think that they just made it after seeing project m's latest trailer? ... nah...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People seem pretty confident that Wario's going to be the next veteran shown. Just as a recap :popo::metaknight::lucas::wario:are the only Brawl starting roster veterans that haven't been shown yet with :popo::metaknight::wario: virtually confirmed thanks to stuff shown since the Smash Direct in April. I think :metaknight: will be last because I think they're going to try to make a big deal out of the chances he's probably received to balance him out. I used to think that the :popo: were going to receive some big changes but now I'm not so sure. Last August, Sakurai said that he was having trouble programming several characters into the 3DS version while specifically mentioning the :popo:. This led people to speculate that there was going to be changes made to characters that could change between characters (:zelda:/:sheik:, :samus2:/:zerosuitsamus:, and :pt:) or had multiple characters on screen at once (:popo::olimar:). In the April Direct, these theories turned out to be true as :4zelda: and :4sheik: were made into separate characters as were :4samus: and :4zss:, :4charizard: was made as a stand alone character, and :4olimar: had three Pikmin instead of six. At E3 this year, however, Sakurai said that these changes were made for the sake of balancing and to let players focus more on one particular character at a time. This begs the question if this is the truth or half true and the issues with the 3DS were never fully figured out. It was curious that of all the SSB4 newcomers, :rosalina: was the only one not in the 3DS demo, a character that some people argue is just as complicated as the :popo: but we have seen plenty of screens with :rosalina: in the 3DS version so we know that she has to be functional to at least some degree. This makes me wonder if the :popo: have had big chances to better suit the 3DS version of if they found a way to make them work just the way they were in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to see ROB because people think he's going to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom