• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I guess I'm the only person on SWF who doesn't like Mario's palette swap at all? I think it looks straight-up ugly. It would have been at least funny had they given him the colors of the italian flag but this is just the lamest kind of fan-service I've ever seen. The american palette swap belongs to Falcon anyway.

:059:
its not really fan service since mario has had that palette before

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Please. Please, please, oh please. Please tell me this new PotD means there is a palette editor. I know these are references to other games, but the Mario texture has to be the most obscure reference possible to use as an official palette swap. Please... I want a palette editor so badly...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Please. Please, please, oh please. Please tell me this new PotD means there is a palette editor. I know these are references to other games, but the Mario texture has to be the most obscure reference possible to use as an official palette swap. Please... I want a palette editor so badly...
I don't think that's the case at all. At this point in time, it's hard to say if characters can have more than 6 palette swaps now, but it would be quite impressive if that does come to pass.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, we haven't had any filler pics this week so far (well, if you didn't like something personally, you may consider it filler), so that's nice :p

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
And i found out what some Japanese people thought about the palettes. You don't want to know what one guy wanted to do to Samus.

The rest were "Mario Ugly! I want to use him 8D" type comments. :laugh:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I knew as soon as I saw today's picture that people would be all like 'MERICA 'MURICAN FREEDOM.

Samus's white suit looks really cool too. And I liked the not so subtle Star Wars reference. That combined with the Beam Swords makes me think Sakurai is a Star Wars fan.

D

Deleted member

I knew as soon as I saw today's picture that people would be all like 'MERICA 'MURICAN FREEDOM.

Samus's white suit looks really cool too. And I liked the not so subtle Star Wars reference. That combined with the Beam Swords and Meta Knight's English Voice makes me think Sakurai is a Star Wars fan.
Fixed :4pacman: I know Sakurai probably has no control over dubbing, but whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
You guys seem to be missing the point (as usual unfortunately). All I see is "OMG MARIO SUX BUT SAMAUS IS GOD" stop just stop. You know what this proves thanks to little mac, that each character will have 2 alts. One is a complete alternate costume (Little macs hoodie, samaus alt) and a recolor alt (wire frame mac, MURICA mario). So stop ******** because it's not Dr. Mario.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fixed :4pacman: I know Sakurai probably has no control over dubbing, but whatever
In the Japanese version, Meta Knight has the same voice as the anime.

And as far as dubs are concerned, they're probably handled by the localization team, but yeah, Meta Knight's English voice in Brawl is very similar to Darth Vader. Not that it's a bad thing.

You guys seem to be missing the point (as usual unfortunately). All I see is "OMG MARIO SUX BUT SAMAUS IS GOD" stop just stop. You know what this proves thanks to little mac, that each character will have 2 alts. One is a complete alternate costume (Little macs hoodie, samaus alt) and a recolor alt (wire frame mac, MURICA mario). So stop *****ing because it's not Dr. Mario.
All costumes besides Jumpsuit Mac and Male Wii Fit Trainer are texture swaps.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is hilarious that the picture of the day made the disclaimer that Samus' palette was not "from the Imperial forces." Honestly, Stormtrooper Samus is the best. This was probably one of my favorite updates as of current. I was on the fence about Mario, his new Dragon Punch had my curiosity, but the American palette has my attention. My only complaint is the hat. No hat or his original hat would have really sold the costume better in my opinion.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
All costumes besides Jumpsuit Mac and Male Wii Fit Trainer are texture swaps.
Villager also has more than just texture swaps.

But yeah today's pick didn't have any alt costumes. And I don't get where the "clearly everyone has an alt costume now!" ideas are coming from.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
4 for 4 for the week and 7 for 8 for the month so far. I'm really liking the ALTs so far and more and more evidence keeps coming in that everybody's going to get at least one special one. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of ALTs came out as DLC fodder post release because they could easily make a killing off of them if they released the right ones. Also, Mario wise, I'm really hoping Flying Mario from Super Mario Galaxy eventually turns out to be an ALT in this game.

Morbi

Scavenger

But yeah today's pick didn't have any alt costumes. And I don't get where the "clearly everyone has an alt costume now!" ideas are coming from.
Maybe they meant to assert that everyone would have a unique alternative palette/texture?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, forgot about the Villager.

Pikachu kind of counts too with his extra accessories. I wonder if one of Pikachu's alts. is the female variant with the heart shaped tail. Or maybe he could get an orange color with yellow cheeks as an allusion to Raichu? That would be neat.

Wireframe Mac, American Mario and Skyward Sword Casual Clothing Link are all just texture swaps, albeit standing out more due to being more than just color/palette swaps.

Anyway, we can agree that costumes are getting more elaborate this time and possibly hinting at a wider selection of colors/textures/costumes compared to Brawl's maximum of 6 (exceptions aside).

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
The alts I would like to see since we are seeing a lot of them.
Mr. L for Luigi would be cool.
Dr. Mario for Mario is a must. I guarantee we will see it in a direct or something.
Pikachu has a lot clothes that he wears so maybe a shiny color or female alt. Hell do that for all pokemon.
Peach should keep her daisy color scheme that she had in the previous games.
No idea what they could do to mr.game and watch though. Maybe a tie on him idk.

Morbi

Scavenger
The alts I would like to see since we are seeing a lot of them.
Mr. L for Luigi would be cool.
Dr. Mario for Mario is a must. I guarantee we will see it in a direct or something.
Pikachu has a lot clothes that he wears so maybe a shiny color or female alt. Hell do that for all pokemon.
Peach should keep her daisy color scheme that she had in the previous games.
No idea what they could do to mr.game and watch though. Maybe a tie on him idk.
They could turn Game and Watch more three dimensional. It would be insane, but I would be interested in seeing that.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I can live with more complex texture swaps rather then alterate costumes, they're fun to have but they don't make or break the deal for me in the long run.

The US Golf Course reference is so cheesy though I find it funny. The Light Suit style Samus looks pretty good to me as well like it is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i saw the update

For that mario pattlette swap, why on earth did they not make that 4th of julys update. (Maybe today is japans 4th of july) and don't worry dr mario alternate costume is still likely, (remember we thaught wire frame mac was the alternate but mac has 2 his pink jumpsuit is one as well.)

But as for the samus patlette swap YEEEEEEEAAAAH LIGHT SUIT SAMUS WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SAMUS SUIT.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Greatest costume update ever. I am so happy with both of these lol. Star spangled mario is now the only mario for me

Morbi

Scavenger
Ok i saw the update

For that mario pattlette swap, why on earth did they not make that 4th of julys update. (Maybe today is japans 4th of july)

But as for the samus patlette swap YEEEEEEEAAAAH LIGHT SUIT SAMUS WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SAMUS SUIT.
Japan does not celebrate Independence Day... I am fairly (100%) certain that the 4th of July is exclusive to the United States. I am not even sure if Japan is aware that it is one of the more prominent holidays to be honest. Even so, apparently this is a golf outfit. So I doubt it was at the top of their minds. Haha.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Japan does not celebrate Independence Day... I am fairly (100%) certain that the 4th of July is exclusive to the United States. I am not even sure if Japan is aware that it is one of the more prominent holidays to be honest. Even so, apparently this is a golf outfit. So I doubt it was at the top of their minds. Haha.
Makes sense.

But will tomorrow be :wario:

Or will it be next week just like what the rumor said

D

Deleted member

I never expected this to be an alt. costume for Mario at all. I'm just glad that Sakurai is embracing them at least.
I really, really hope that Dr. Mario returns as an alt. costume for Mario.

Morbi

Scavenger
I never expected this to be an alt. costume for Mario at all. I'm just glad that Sakurai is embracing them at least.
I really, really hope that Dr. Mario returns as an alt. costume for Mario.
I would only accept Dr. Mario if there was an American variation of Dr. Mario as well. :seuss:

However, I would not be surprised in the slightest to see Dr. Mario. It is apparent that this is merely a texture/palette swap, so it is not as though this is going to be his one and only unique costume. It could be, but I would bet against that notion.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
A Star Wars reference, AND an AMERICA reference?! OH MAI GAH! Sakurai loves us! <3 <3 <3

Edit: If Mario is top tier, and the game is good, Mango Scorpion Master will certainly be playing AMERIO!

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Godsdamnit, everyone I wanted to say about this pic has either been stated or explained.

If anything, this update pretty much confirms "alt recolors", given the credence with Skyward Sword Link. That US Golf Course Mario could make an interesting troll costume online, don't you think?

Morbi

Scavenger
Godsdamnit, everyone I wanted to say about this pic has either been stated or explained.

If anything, this update pretty much confirms "alt recolors", given the credence with Skyward Sword Link. That US Golf Course Mario could make an interesting troll costume online, don't you think?
I am not certain that anyone would use it as a troll costume. Perhaps as the definitive, preeminent Mario costume adored by literally everyone. However, I do not believe that that entails "trolling."

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See guys, this is what I love about Mario. Not only is he Nintendo's mascot, but now he has the power of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness backing him up.
I'm really looking forward to maining him.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Were Mario and Luigi's origins in Brooklyn ever stated within canon material? I can't be too certain since most people usually refer to the TV show for that point.

Morbi

Scavenger
Were Mario and Luigi's origins in Brooklyn ever stated within canon material? I can't be too certain since most people usually refer to the TV show for that point.
If by Brooklyn, you mean Mushroom Kingdom, sure. If; however, you mean Brooklyn, New York... no. That being said, given this palette swap, I would not be surprised. :dazwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom