• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
This was genuinely the last alt I expected to see for Mario.

This was probably the last thing I expected to see in an update period.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Mario's Custom Neutral B is throwing pills, that would make my day.
It isn't, all three variations of Mario's fireball have been shown.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Gonna say, while looking for alternate costume ideas for Mario (other than the most obvious Doc) I came across these:

Edit:
Psst, look in the top left of this Mario Kart 8 picture.

Would've also been a neat throwback, but I like the one they chose much better.

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
confirmed special costumes:

Special recolors:
Mario: 'murica Mario
Samus: Light Suit
Little Mac: Wireframe Mac
Link: Skyloft Link

Alternate models:
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Pink Jumpsuit Mac

I'm not even sure how to categorize:
Miis' costumes
villagers

so does this indicate that every character will at least have a special alt color like we've been seeing lately? could we also see every character recieve a unique alternate model too? Little Mac currently has both, and maybe we could say villager does too, but i'm not really sure whether they constitute more alt costumes, or special recolors a la pikachu or jiggs (with their hats)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh Daisy. Look at you on the arms of Luigi. So happy. So completely unaware of the parade of monkeys about to throw **** on you called Nintendo. :lol:

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there are 30 stages left for Wii U; there are almost certainly fewer stages in either particular version than there were in Brawl because of the split. We so far have 18 Wii U stages (Battlefield, Final Destination, Mario Galaxy, Mushroom Kingdom U, Skyloft, Pyrosphere, Pokemon League, Coliseum, Town and City, Palutena's Temple, Garden of Hope, Windy Hill, Wily's Castle, Pac Land, Boxing Ring, Fitness Room, Pilotwings, Halberd) and 18 3DS stages (Battlefield, Final Destination, Golden Plains, Mario 3d Land, Rainbow Road, Spirit Tracks, Gerudo Valley, Luminoise City, Arena Ferox, Tortimer's Island, Reset Bomb Forest, Pac Maze, Boxing Ring, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Living Room, Balloon Fight, Jungle Japes). That's already 36 stages made for smash 4 when Brawl only had 42 in total including both forms of Mushroomy Kingdom. If there really were 30 remaining Wii U stages (and presumably just as many for 3DS!), that would be a total of 96 stages made for this game which just seems like way too many. IMO each version will probably have in the lower 30s on stage count, and a lot of series just won't have a stage on one version or the other (like I bet Find Mii is the only Mii stage and Fitness Room is the only Wii Fit stage). Given that stages are likely to be secret in a greater proportion to characters, we're probably about right on track. We're mostly just waiting on some DK, Yoshi, Kirby, and Star Fox stages as well as 3DS's Metroid stage.
Except each game is separate. They don't share stages. Do you honestly think that we won't get at least 40 stages for WiiU?

We have to pay for both games, it better have at least the same amount of stages as brawl. I can see the 3ds getting less but not the wiiU version.

In other news, Sakurai mistimed 4th of July, however I love my American Mario!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So um...we're all aware that these are just special palette swaps right? Not legit alternate costumes?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Except each game is separate. They don't share stages. Do you honestly think that we won't get at least 40 stages for WiiU?

We have to pay for both games, it better have at least the same amount of stages as brawl. I can see the 3ds getting less but not the wiiU version.

In other news, Sakurai mistimed 4th of July, however I love my American Mario!
Yes, I really believe we're only going to get in the lower 30s on stages for both versions. I could be not totally shocked to pass that somewhat, but over 40 stages in either version would just blow me away and completely defy my expectations. I certainly don't think Wii U is going to get favoritism; it would be convenient for us, but I don't think that's actually how it works. And yeah, while from a customer's perspective splitting stages between versions is inconvenient and more expensive, I don't see how development wise it would really make sense to make 80+ stages for what is being produced as a single game especially when Brawl probably had more stages than it really needed to succeed in the first place.

I have a lot of logic I could apply for why so many stages wouldn't make sense, but let's think about the reveal cycle. We do only know 18 stages per version right now, and after tomorrow's picture we'll be at just two months of reveals before the Japanese 3DS release. The pace of stage reveals they'd need in order to reach Brawl's stage roster is pretty ridiculous; they could show us a new stage every week excluding tomorrow's picture (which even if it's a veteran with a stage will likely be a veteran with a Wii U stage) and still only be at 27 stages shown by 3DS launch. It just seems more likely to me that, instead of us just having stages rained on us en masse late, that there just aren't so many stages to be shown. Now, I love my stages and would love to be wrong about this, but I just don't think it's likely.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Third week in a row with alt. color updates.

I like the Star Wars reference Sakurai made with Samus's suit color. Sure, it's based on the Light Suit from Metroid Prime 2, but it still resembles Stormtroopers a lot. Almost could be called Stormtrooper Samus or Imperial Samus...

After years of trauma and suffering in fighting the Space Pirates, Samus gives in to the Dark Side and becomes a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Army... Meanwhile, Ridley and Palpatine meet with each other... "All according to the plan..."

American Mario from NES Golf is quite surprising, considering that's kind of an obscure game, but the texture swap looks great anyway.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Third week in a row with alt. color updates.

I like the Star Wars reference Sakurai made with Samus's suit color. Sure, it's based on the Light Suit from Metroid Prime 2, but it still resembles Stormtroopers a lot. Almost could be called Stormtrooper Samus or Imperial Samus...

After years of trauma and suffering in fighting the Space Pirates, Samus gives in to the Dark Side and becomes a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Army... Meanwhile, Ridley and Palpatine meet with each other... "All according to the plan..."

American Mario from NES Golf is quite surprising, considering that's kind of an obscure game, but the texture swap looks great anyway.
but its not based on the light suit....its based off of a multiplayer suit from prime 2

Staarih

Smash Master
So many cool alt colours that I can't take it no more. Keep 'em coming Sakurai!

Slowly hyping myself for a Wario reveal. Disappointment imminent. Sigh.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I think it's interesting how Samus' new alt. costume looks so close to the one Project M is making for her. Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

Also American Mario looks weird.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So we have our light suit and our dark suit. The fusion suit and the varia suit. Where the hell is the gravity suit?

Also, these costumes have got to be unlockable. They'd be so worth it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think it's interesting how Samus' new alt. costume looks so close to the one Project M is making for her. Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.
It's based off of the Light Suit from Metroid Prime 2, one of Samus' most popular suits (why it's so popular I'll never understand.) Project M also only announced that alt costume a week or so ago, Smash 4 content is planned far before that. It's a complete coincidence, especially since we know they're in the debugging/testing phase of the games atm.

Anyways, I think the Light Suit looks a ton better on the Other M model, the original is too slim, has too small shoulders, and the arm cannon looks way too big on that small and slim suit. This looks a lot better imo.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Samus is Sex.

Mario is Gross.

Texture swap blah. Let's see the real alternate costume.

{edit} He does look minty fresh, though. Peppermint Mario-oh! Doo doo doo doo, doo-doo, do-Wah!

It doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life,
with Marios fresh and full of life!

Nothing gets to you, staying fresh staying cool,
with Marios, fresh and full of life!

Fresh goes better, Marios freshness, fresh goes better with Marios, fresh and full of life!

Marios, the freshmaker!

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
So I just woke up to see the costumes and I gotta say Sakurai sure missed a golden opportunity by not showing this off on the 4th.

That being said both costumes look great! Smash 4 is really starting to seem like it's getting project m levels of care for costumes.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Honestly though, what a random ugly useless alt.
If that **** is in there and Dr. Mario is still absent, it would be ridiculous.
Also, having just finished Prime 2: Echoes, that half-assed light suit alt is absolutely pathetic.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
First things first: both of those palette swaps are awesome, mostly the Samus one but both are awesome. I'll probably use both since I like both characters.

That being said, if a Mii is so much as in the frame of a picture, even if the caption weren't to acknowledge said Mii (hypothetical scenario), this thread explodes in salt, claiming filler and flipping out wanting the Miis to stop. On the other hand we get red, white and blue with stars and stripes on Mario (could be any character I imagine) and we get 7-8 pages worth of hype. That's almost enough to make me think we got a character. Thank **** this wasn't posted on the fourth, I don't think I'd be able to take any more 'Murica Mario' hype posts.

But again, both palettes are awesome. :)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sakurai...why the half-assed Light Suit? It doesn't even have the three chest holes or the smaller shoulders, stop trying to pass off lame palette swaps as costumes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sakurai...why the half-***** Light Suit? It doesn't even have the three chest holes or the smaller shoulders, stop trying to pass off lame palette swaps as costumes.
>stop trying to pass off lame palette swaps as costumes.

Sakurai has straight up said that these are just palette swaps and NOT costumes, please.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I guess I'm the only person on SWF who doesn't like Mario's palette swap at all? I think it looks straight-up ugly. It would have been at least funny had they given him the colors of the italian flag but this is just the lamest kind of fan-service I've ever seen. The american palette swap belongs to Falcon anyway.

:059:

D

Deleted member

I hope the number of palettes per character have increased; I need the white Bowser color from Brawl.

I guess I'm the only person on SWF who doesn't like Mario's palette swap at all? I think it looks straight-up ugly. It would have been at least funny had they given him the colors of the italian flag but this is just the lamest kind of fan-service I've ever seen. The american palette swap belongs to Falcon anyway.

I don't really care for it either, but is Italian Flag Mario cannon? This costume apparently appears in some golf game. I'd probably outright hate it if Italian Flag Mario is cannon. -said an American

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't really care for it either, but is Italian Flag Mario cannon? This costume apparently appears in some golf game. I'd probably outright hate it if Italian Flag Mario is cannon. -said an American
Italian flag costume is definitely not canon. However, I'm pretty sure the american Mario palette swap is 1000000000% fan service and that golf game is just some sort of excuse to come up with it - said a non-italian non-american

D

Deleted member

Italian flag costume is definitely not canon. However, I'm pretty sure the american Mario palette swap is 1000000000% fan service and that golf game is just some sort of excuse to come up with it - said a non-italian non-american

Oh well. If they really wanted to fanservice everyone, Lou Albano Mario would be a recolor. I'm just hoping this means number of palettes per character is greater than it was in Brawl just so there's space for the white Bowser color.

I'm also kind of worried how the Mario color is going to look from a distance. I don't want to get headaches fighting someone online using this color. That's really my biggest concern right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

You best not be calling our flag ugly guuurl

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Man are these costumes sweet. Sakurai is really doing a great job in putting in all the ones we didnt expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom