• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Meh. That should have been Samus's Side Smash since the beginning. So now they've decided to give it to the Miis of all characters?

I should try to refrain from lashing out at them, because they do look admittedly decent to play as.
Has Sakurai ever showcased real, true love to the veterans... other than Bowser?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Has Sakurai ever showcased real, true love to the veterans... other than Bowser?
Well, there's Kirby, Pit, Ike...and Zero Suit Samus *gag*.

Luigi seems to be somewhat better, I think.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
New info on Palutena since E3: None
New info on Pac-Man since E3: His Neutral Special
New info on Miis since E3: Size, different costumes, new moves, customizable moves

Yep, something's wrong.

I want to see more of Palutena and Pac-Man, since there's more pictures of the Miis than of these two COMBINED. This update at least clarifies on the Mii Gunner's moveset, but I just crave more info on the other characters. Not even reveals, just show me stuff about the others!
Nuh uh, bro!

Pac-Man and Palutena can get in line behind Ike. He's been waiting for more info since BEFORE E3. All we got was an update that confirmed Eruption.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I must admit it kinda bums me out that Gunner's FSmash goes further than Megaman's. I'd wager Mega's is stronger though.
In the demo, Mega Man's fsmash only does 8% uncharged (if I recall correctly; I remember it was a way lower number than is typical of an fsmash); it's a very weak move, but it's also pretty quick and is a really safe move to just throw out. I actually think this one is going to be the bigger and stronger move but at the cost of speed and safety.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Side smash off the ledge.... gosh... thats gonna be a good edge guard. Its very much anti-:4fox: and :falco:. I guess Megaman will be the same way. Gunners gonna have some good edge guards.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Well, there's Kirby, Pit, Ike...and Zero Suit Samus *gag*.

Luigi seems to be somewhat better, I think.
Kirby: Gave him a butchered version of the Hammer ability that's essentially Dedede's Jet Hammer. Also no angry look when unleashing Vulcan Jab or Round Kick.

Pit: Ah, Sakurai's second pet... he did gimp him of gliding.

Ike: His animations haven't change much, no hand axe nor blue flames? And wait. He'll still say, "I fight for my friends."
Zamus: Honesty, I find her better looking in Brawl, and not just because of the lack of high heels.

Luigi: No electricity, ice, nor wind, Poltergust 5000 reduced to a Final Smash as lame as Cook Kirby, No, "I'm Luigi, Number One!" and still that , weird, butt monkey persona Sakurai still insists on him.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
In the demo, Mega Man's fsmash only does 8% uncharged (if I recall correctly; I remember it was a way lower number than is typical of an fsmash); it's a very weak move, but it's also pretty quick and is a really safe move to just throw out. I actually think this one is going to be the bigger and stronger move but at the cost of speed and safety.
I bet it's just a ranged multihit attack not unlike a really long jab flurry combo that's probably reasonably good against fast fallers like Cap'n listed. Thing is it hits over the top of the ledge, so it won't stop an Illusion or Phantasm, just hit them or force them to use their second jump to side special from further away to take further damage, making the timing for their grab predictable.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Kirby: Gave him a butchered version of the Hammer ability that's essentially Dedede's Jet Hammer. Also no angry look when unleashing Vulcan Jab or Round Kick.

Ike: His animations haven't change much, no hand axe nor blue flames? And wait. He'll still say, "I fight for my friends."
Zamus: Honesty, I find her better looking in Brawl, and not just because of the lack of high heels.

Luigi: No electricity, ice, nor wind, Poltergust 5000 reduced to a Final Smash as lame as Cook Kirby, No, "I'm Luigi, Number One!" and still that , weird, butt monkey persona Sakurai still insists on him.
Kirby, Pit, and Zero Suit Samus are apparently the best in the game. At least according to the competitive players who were at the invitational. So in that old pre April direct build those characters are the best. It probably changed by now and definitely by release.

So there's some looove for like 3 of the 30 veterans.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Miis because they are cool. The smash players of the future convene in holo-New Jersey to decide the ultimate Smash champion at Abercrombie 20XX. Only beautiful people can have beautiful Mii avatars, so Smash sets have been reduced to 1v1 popularity contests. Zamus is no longer top tier because she is better looking in Brawl.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I bet it's just a ranged multihit attack not unlike a really long jab flurry combo that's probably reasonably good against fast fallers like Cap'n listed. Thing is it hits over the top of the ledge, so it won't stop an Illusion or Phantasm, just hit them or force them to use their second jump to side special from further away to take further damage, making the timing for their grab predictable.
I mean, Mega Man's fsmash is in no real way a kill move already; it does low damage and "okay" knockback but "okay" in the sense of being disruptive not in the sense of actually taking stocks. Bigger and stronger in this context basically just means doing more % damage, and it seems hard to imagine this won't, and if you hit with the entirety of this move, it seems likely that it could drag the victim pretty far to simulate or even outclass the knockback of Mega Man's fsmash.

I feel like the disagreement here probably doesn't stem from Mii Gunner's fsmash which I believe everyone envisions working in about the same way. It's more about Mega Man's fsmash which is a very different sort of move than you might intuitively think it is.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I mean, Mega Man's fsmash is in no real way a kill move already; it does low damage and "okay" knockback but "okay" in the sense of being disruptive not in the sense of actually taking stocks. Bigger and stronger in this context basically just means doing more % damage, and it seems hard to imagine this won't, and if you hit with the entirety of this move, it seems likely that it could drag the victim pretty far to simulate or even outclass the knockback of Mega Man's fsmash.

I feel like the disagreement here probably doesn't stem from Mii Gunner's fsmash which I believe everyone envisions working in about the same way. It's more about Mega Man's fsmash which is a very different sort of move than you might intuitively think it is.
I like the way you think, but I didn't say anything about Mega Man Lol.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Miis because they are cool. The smash players of the future convene in holo-New Jersey to decide the ultimate Smash champion at Abercrombie 20XX. Only beautiful people can have beautiful Mii avatars, so Smash sets have been reduced to 1v1 popularity contests. Zamus is no longer top tier because she is better looking in Brawl.
I would cry.

I can see Miis being implemented a lot better in the next smash. Each game seems to add something thats done better in the next game. Alt costumes is an example. Miis seem pretty sloppy in this game. 3 Miis... 36 moves... There will probably just be one in the next game.(hopefully)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I would cry.

I can see Miis being implemented a lot better in the next smash. Each game seems to add something thats done better in the next game. Alt costumes is an example. Miis seem pretty sloppy in this game. 3 Miis... 36 moves... There will probably just be one in the next game.(hopefully)
In the next Smash iteration, they'll integrate social media connectivity (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the works).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
In the next Smash iteration, they'll integrate social media connectivity (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the works).
Pssshhhh

yeah and a Farmville mode hahaha

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was in this one after seeing what Mario Kart did.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I would cry.

I actually predict the next Smash to go even further, where you have to construct your character using Mr. Potato Head-like amiibos that can only be purchased with Facebook Credits.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Kirby, Pit, and Zero Suit Samus are apparently the best in the game. At least according to the competitive players who were at the invitational. So in that old pre April direct build those characters are the best. It probably changed by now and definitely by release.

So there's some looove for like 3 of the 30 veterans.
I'm not talking about the competitive aspect of the fighters. I'm talking about how their characters are portrayed, and If you ask me, they weren't portrayed well.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm not talking about the competitive aspect of the fighters. I'm talking about how their characters are portrayed, and If you ask me, they weren't portrayed well.
Ahh. Yeah. Hopefully we can get an explanation as to why Zero Suit Samus looks like she's out of an anime this time.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I like the way you think, but I didn't say anything about Mega Man Lol.
You quoted me like you were disagreeing with my post that was a compare and contrast of Mega Man's fsmash to Mii Gunner's. I do believe we have hashed out that I believe Mii Gunner's is going to be large range and strong while Mega Man's has somewhat less range (still a lot) but is really weak with the advantage of speed and safety. You believe something that may or may not be the same thing. This is a ridiculous point to have an argument about so let's move past discussing that and get to the really important part of this discussion.

You're the one who pranked me, aren't you? Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say it was you. Even if it wasn't you, it's probably a good idea to blame you. Never fear though, even with my fabulous pink name, I'll carry on and continue to make posts about this game none of us have played for a double digit number of hours like I know what I'm talking about.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You quoted me like you were disagreeing with my post that was a compare and contrast of Mega Man's fsmash to Mii Gunner's. I do believe we have hashed out that I believe Mii Gunner's is going to be large range and strong while Mega Man's has somewhat less range (still a lot) but is really weak with the advantage of speed and safety. You believe something that may or may not be the same thing. This is a ridiculous point to have an argument about so let's move past discussing that and get to the really important part of this discussion.

You're the one who pranked me, aren't you? Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say it was you. Even if it wasn't you, it's probably a good idea to blame you. Never fear though, even with my fabulous pink name, I'll carry on and continue to make posts about this game none of us have played for a double digit number of hours like I know what I'm talking about.
Oh. I meant to quote Cap'n right below you. Sorry

No, I pranked PLATINUM7. Don't tell them

I agree it is a good idea to blame me just to be safe. Shall I interest you in my legal services?

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I think EVERY character is beautiful in their own way..
especially Zamus, those heels....:troll:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh. I meant to quote Cap'n right below you. Sorry

No, I pranked PLATINUM7. Don't tell them

I agree it is a good idea to blame me just to be safe. Shall I interest you in my legal services?
IT WAS YOU

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been here for about a year so let me ask, what is Pranking?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whatever is being discussed here, it appears it's not related to the Miiverse daily pictures...

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Who else feels weird about long range moves being smash attacks? I like to go in and if the I'm using c stick and don't charge the gun blast and if it is true that a weak smash does no flinching, I'll get rekt.

That's why I won't play Megaman all the time, but still sometime since of his other priority moves.

Even Samus had a physical attack for her forward smash..

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
New info on Palutena since E3: None
New info on Pac-Man since E3: His Neutral Special
New info on Miis since E3: Size, different costumes, new moves, customizable moves

Yep, something's wrong.

I want to see more of Palutena and Pac-Man, since there's more pictures of the Miis than of these two COMBINED. This update at least clarifies on the Mii Gunner's moveset, but I just crave more info on the other characters. Not even reveals, just show me stuff about the others!
It makes sense that the Miis are getting a lot of updates though because they are by far the most complex characters in this game, not to mention they're three separate characters on top of that. Personally, I'd prefer if they got the Mii stuff out of the way first and then focused on other people because info on Miis could easily be dragged out for a long, long time if they wanted to.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess I'm not particularly bothered by the numbers of times a character appears over another as long as there is something to take from it. I don't know why the limited Pac-Man or Palutena pictures would be some kind of great insult unless it's just hostility towards the Mii themselves. If it's really just the hostility then I would have to say I think some deep breaths and calming are in order.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd guess the seeming abundance of Mii related pictures is caused by a combination of them being one of the newest reveals combined with there being 3 types of them.

I assumed Mii Gunner was going to best fit my playstyle, and today's move reveal seems like it would be one that fits in with my playstyle pretty well, although I tend to prefer pure projectiles to the pseudo-projectile smash attacks with enhanced range. Depending on its firing speed and knockback, though, it could end up being a very helpful move for the Gunner.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It makes sense that the Miis are getting a lot of updates though because they are by far the most complex characters in this game, not to mention they're three separate characters on top of that. Personally, I'd prefer if they got the Mii stuff out of the way first and then focused on other people because info on Miis could easily be dragged out for a long, long time if they wanted to.
But people are hurt because they wanted their veterans to be different, better than they were than brawl. Then Mii's come along and do what they did, but better.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Dang it Sakurai, the one newcomer I didn't want (I was iffy on Pac Man before, only because they might've used is newer design, but I love him now) and you keep showing them over and over. Why must you keep rubbing salt on the wound.

Anyways, I'm really miffed at the lack of Palutena, or even Pac Man pictures for that matter. They're both infinitely better newcomers, IMO.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But people are hurt because they wanted their veterans to be different, better than they were than brawl. Then Mii's come along and do what they did, but better.
This is the case though. Aside from Zelda, Toon Link, and Marth, it seems that everyone has gotten at least one significant buff so far and a good number of characters have had huge overhauls. Granted, it's too early to give a final analysis but most of the returning cast seems to have been pretty well implemented so far.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This is the case though. Aside from Zelda, Toon Link, and Marth, it seems that everyone has gotten at least one significant buff so far and a good number of characters have had huge overalls. Granted, it's too early to give a final analysis but most of the returning cast seems to have been pretty well implemented so far.
I thought Marth and Zelda got buffs, though: Marth's Shield Breaker is much more powerful, and Zelda's got the Phantom Slash and a Din's Fire, which is more powerful at it's core.

I didn't play them, though, so that may be my problem.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like I'm one of the only people that really like the Miis.

But I do agree, he needs to chill out with the mii coverage for a bit.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This is the case though. Aside from Zelda, Toon Link, and Marth, it seems that everyone has gotten at least one significant buff so far and a good number of characters have had huge overalls. Granted, it's too early to give a final analysis but most of the returning cast seems to have been pretty well implemented so far.
I totally agree to that. I really like how Link is looking, but the fact is Sakurai is making the Mii Fighters look better than them. It is not true that they are better than them, they just look that way, and it kind of hurts to see Megaman have this really unique side smash, and him giving it to someone else. Even more than that, giving it to a Mii and not a character like Samus. I really like Mii's but the fact that they seem to have moves taken from other characters and have these moves look better than the original characters makes people feel bitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom