• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I was ganna sleep but... Kings of Cali. If it isn't updated earlier than usual then I'll see it tomorrow, but I really don't expect much. I only remember one good monday which was... The Mushroom U Stage, I think? Oh, and that time we got Luigi's final smash I think? So um. Best case scenario we get a stage today. Kirby Epic Yarn stage maybe for Meta Knight at the end of the week? Or a Starfox stage NOT taking place on top of a plane? Maybe inside one? New stage: Inside Great Fox! With Peppy, Krystal, and Slippy goofing around in the back?
Or maybe a closer look at the Tomodachi Life stage? Or Elite 4 Stage? ...ehh feels more like a middle of the week kind of update. Know what I mean? Those "Remember this? The detail bla bla" like that Megaman pic last thursday. Monday always feels like "Welcome back, hey check this out!" ahh I'm rambling too much again, sorry!

Edit: Oh! Maybe we'll see the first glimpse of a stage builder? Somehow feels right.
Or maybe a new boss like Ridley. Or would they save that for a Friday?

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Probably just some filler. I would love to see a Starfox stage/based PotD though, feels like we havent seen anything Fox related since Uncle Andross....

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
For the love of...why don't we have "filler" be added to the title? Since, you know, that word seems to describe every pic of the day. :rolleyes:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
They would because Ridley's not a boss. He's a playable character. :troll:
ridler in smash 4.png

Aaanythings possible I guess. He sure is a riddle that one. I will say this: His shadow moved awfully strange for a boss. Slowly cruising on over.

I kinda think we're done with newcomers though. The rest should be unlockabe/secret. I mean... the game'll be available in Japan in just a lil bit over 2 months, so... am I solo on this? Leave the rest for surprises? I'll try not to spoil it for myself and go crazy when I unlock them less than 3 months from now...?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For the love of...why don't we have "filler" be added to the title? Since, you know, that word seems to describe every pic of the day. :rolleyes:
I agree. Like, I didn't find last week's pictures to be filler; rather really small details and tidbits that got people upset.

Although I do sympathize with those that don't like seeing trophies.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Going to guess an assist trophy tonight. I'm thinking it will probably be one we already know about, Magnus, or clarification on Phosphora.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Definitely looking forward to Star Fox's new stage which is Sauria so that will put Falco vs Wolf vs Krystal debate into chaos.
"Pic of the Day. A new stage, Planet Sauria from Star Fox Adventure!"

"Sometimes Krystal will appear out of the background to join the fray. She can use many interesting attacks courtesy of her staff."

:troll:

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
"Pic of the Day. A new stage, Planet Sauria from Star Fox Adventure!"

"Sometimes Krystal will appear out of the background to join the fray. She can use many interesting attacks courtesy of her staff."

:troll:
Is this the right time to make the joke about Alfonzo running around with a staff if you're playing as Krystal?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Is this the right time to make the joke about Alfonzo running around with a staff if you're playing as Krystal?
You know, I was considering putting "inb4 Alfonzo" at the end of that...

Yes, this is the right time!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Multiple PotDs of Sauria were posted on different days, the longer days apart the better, and then the one of the final five PotDs just before Smash Bros's Japanese launch date will mention Krystal as part of stage hazard.

:troll::troll:

And on launch the player will suddenly encounter the new challenger screen and will face Krystal on Sauria stage.

Sabre: Leave it to me!

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I'm afraid I'm starting my job tomorrow, can't stay up for the picture tonight.

Watch this be the Ness reveal. And I miss it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm afraid I'm starting my job tomorrow, can't stay up for the picture tonight.

Watch this be the Ness reveal. And I miss it.
Ness reveal? On Monday? You'll be fine. Sweet dreams and good luck!

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kind of hope this isn't an important update, because if it is, people will continuously expect a good update on Monday and the "filler" spam will be much worse.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Ahh another nightly hangout in the smashboards miiverse update forum.

Ya know I actually expect a veteran here pretty soon.... I smell the captain falcon in the air.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ahh another nightly hangout in the smashboards miiverse update forum.

Ya know I actually expect a veteran here pretty soon.... I smell the captain falcon in the air.
I doubt we're getting Falcon until after release tbh, I'm more expecting Climbers, MK, or Wario by the end of the week.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Stayed up super late over the weekend so tonight I'm more tired than ever, yet here I am, still awake and awaiting what will most likely be disappointing to me.

Will I ever convince myself to not stay up for a pic for once?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I stayed up all the time for the brawl release.... I guess I'm just conditioned now.

Late nights on gamefaqs debating leaked lists. Good times!

Now i am here on smashboards and smart phones have made it even easier to lay in bed and wait.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'll admit the quality of posts has been less than what we were seeing before E3, but I'm still always excited when the week starts. We'll see how this week starts off. My prediction is some sort of stage related detail.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Watching the Kings of Cali 4 Grand Finals right now. Hopefully the pic is up after the tourney.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Double Posting Warning Received
I doubt we're getting Falcon until after release tbh, I'm more expecting Climbers, MK, or Wario by the end of the week.
They are farfetched...

Tomorrow is Metal Gear's 27th anniversary for Snake, Pokemon: Genesect and the Legend Awakened's first anniversary on this week's Friday and Pokemon the first Movie's 16th anniversary on next week's Friday for Mewtwo but I find them to be farfected as well. The most realistic reveal will be Ness on July 25 for Mother's 25th anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll admit the quality of posts has been less than what we were seeing before E3, but I'm still always excited when the week starts. We'll see how this week starts off. My prediction is some sort of stage related detail.
Possibly, though we did get one of those on Friday.

I'm thinking more Smash Run information, or a sneak peak at something with no context at all (like that trophy mode thing).

EDIT: OOOOoooor it could just be the Mii gunning down Kirby. That's cool too. Goddammit.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Watching the Kings of Cali 4 Grand Finals right now. Hopefully the pic is up after the tourney.
Aw, its working for ya? I was watching and it just crashed and now it wont work no matter how many times I reload! I think D1 is having a similar problem. Heard he has to watch it on his phone. Tch, well, enjoy.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
They are farfetched...

Tomorrow is Metal Gear's 27th anniversary for Snake, Pokemon: Genesect and the Legend Awakened's first anniversary on this week's Friday and Pokemon the first Movie's 16th anniversary on next week's Friday for Mewtwo but I find them to be farfected as well. The most realistic reveal will be Ness on July 25 for Mother's 25th anniversary.
Whoa.... You have been doing your homework. I will give some credit to the mother 25th as plausible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner's side smash attack may have the farthest reach of all the side smashes…as should be expected from a firearms expert!! Looks like the attack missed this time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom