• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like this one! It gives me info on the reach off Mii Gunner's side smash, which is good enough for me!

I really like the Miis.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Projectile smash attacks are a rarity. It's decent, I guess.

Snake's up smash attack had the farthest reach of all the up smashes... And he put down mines with his down smash. Bet none else can do that.

----

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner's side smash attack may have the farthest reach of all the side smashes…as should be expected from a firearms expert!! Looks like the attack missed this time, though.
I just want to let the rest of the playable cast know that it's not necessarily length that counts, but girth.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Gross, Miis. Even worse, it's confirmed the gunners will have crazy long range on their side smash. I have a bad feeling these things will be top tier...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
They are farfetched...

Tomorrow is Metal Gear's 27th anniversary for Snake, Pokemon: Genesect and the Legend Awakened's first anniversary on this week's Friday and Pokemon the first Movie's 16th anniversary on next week's Friday for Mewtwo but I find them to be farfected as well. The most realistic reveal will be Ness on July 25 for Mother's 25th anniversary.

That is the most plausible, but maybe Lucas instead of Ness if Lucas is still in. Sakurai likes keeping the original Smash64 unlockables...unlockable. And secret! They're not very well kept secrets though (Samurai Goroh AT & Mr. Saturn Item)

Also awesome speed as always! It might not be filler, but it still bores me. I could have guessed the Mii Gunner shot stuff.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
The side smash of the Mii Gunner has the farthest reach? Makes me think on how long their combos will be, considering the Gunners are projectile-based.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Could have at least showed us Kirby's Mii hat/face since he's in the pic too. That would have been more interesting.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm not opposed to Mii related info in these, but damn it's been a few weeks and Palutena and Pac-Man have gotten no love. Hopefully we see some of them this week.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Super Miiiii Brooooothers

But honestly that side smash has some crazy reach. Looks like something that Samus might have benefitted from.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Meh. That should have been Samus's Side Smash since the beginning. So now they've decided to give it to the Miis of all characters?

I should try to refrain from lashing out at them, because they do look admittedly decent to play as.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
A lot of these are Mii pics but kinda sucks seeing how they won't be playable online.

But I won't cry and complain like the Mii haters xD

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
New info on Palutena since E3: None
New info on Pac-Man since E3: His Neutral Special
New info on Miis since E3: Size, different costumes, new moves, customizable moves

Yep, something's wrong.

I want to see more of Palutena and Pac-Man, since there's more pictures of the Miis than of these two COMBINED. This update at least clarifies on the Mii Gunner's moveset, but I just crave more info on the other characters. Not even reveals, just show me stuff about the others!

I'm willing to bet this side smash don't even cause you to flinch. The little energy balls do a tiny percentage of damage. The longer you charge it the more energy balls come out.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm willing to bet this side smash don't even cause you to flinch. The little energy balls do a tiny percentage of damage. The longer you charge it the more energy balls come out.
Why the hell would that be a smash attack? the whole point of them is to be a strong finishing move.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A good update for a Monday. A bit unfair to Mega Man, I guess, but eh. :p

When was the last time Sakurai talked about a move? I think it was about Pac-Man.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So Mii Gunner and Megaman both have projectile fsmashes, neat I suppose. However, Mii Gunner's looks like numerous projectiles to Megaman's one so it could be better for shield pressure. On the other hand it could be weaker than most since it has range and numerous hitboxes.

I like this update. Wasn't too keen on the Mii's being playable at first but they are far better than I expected them to be and they are my favourite of our 3 newest newcomers.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Super Miiiii Brooooothers

But honestly that side smash has some crazy reach. Looks like something that Samus might have benefitted from.
Meh. That should have been Samus's Side Smash since the beginning. So now they've decided to give it to the Miis of all characters?

I should try to refrain from lashing out at them, because they do look admittedly decent to play as.
Admittedly, this was the first thing I thought of, too.

You could hypothetically punish anyone out of a hard land, it seems.
The possibility also exists that characters with reflectors could make this an extremely risky move.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Why the hell would that be a smash attack? the whole point of them is to be a strong finishing move.
Transcendent non-flinching Smash Attacks are the wave of the future, apparently.

There are plenty of Smash attacks that are combo pieces. Falco's up-smash, Ness' down smash... Charizard's Up in PM.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Transcendent non-flinching Smash Attacks are the wave of the future, apparently.

There are plenty of Smash attacks that are combo pieces. Falco's up-smash, Ness' down smash... Charizard's Up in PM.
Yeah but they at least cause flinching and knockback
And why would you want to charge something that doesn't even push opponents away from you

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That has obvious power as a super long range punish; I already noticed Mega Man's fsmash was pretty good for that in the demo, and if this has more range and does more damage, it will be pretty great. However, do note that this seems super committed (since it's an fsmash that shoots a lot, I have to imagine that once you start it up you're forced to keep shooting until the move is done); the balance here is that the Mii Gunner probably eats a huge hit upon whiffing this thing.

Complaining about the Miis is so bizarre to me. Five newcomers were revealed at E3, and three of them were Miis. The Miis are also mechanically a lot more special than the other two newcomers; it's natural and honestly welcome that we are getting more info on them than on Palutena and Pac-Man. That's not to say I wouldn't love another post telling us more about Pac-Man since he definitely looks like the coolest of the five, but I find it hard to complain about a post like today's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom