• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I totally agree to that. I really like how Link is looking, but the fact is Sakurai is making the Mii Fighters look better than them. It is not true that they are better than them, they just look that way, and it kind of hurts to see Megaman have this really unique side smash, and him giving it to someone else. Even more than that, giving it to a Mii and not a character like Samus. I really like Mii's but the fact that they seem to have moves taken from other characters and have these moves look better than the original characters makes people feel bitter
Looking better is one thing, playing better may bet something entirely different that we can't really know at this point. I prefer a more, let's wait and see approach to these things.

D

Deleted member

Hm, this move is similar to what I had in mind for Homura's forward air.

Nintendo, are you hacking my computer just to read my .txt documents?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Looking better is one thing, playing better may bet something entirely different that we can't really know at this point. I prefer a more, let's wait and see approach to these things.
I am not hurt myself, nor am I against Mii Fighters, I am just explaining why people are so angry at this POTD.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I am not hurt myself, nor am I against Mii Fighters, I am just explaining why people are so angry at this POTD.
I entirely understand that, I just don't entirely agree that it makes for a compelling arugment against the PoTD. Mostly in regards to the ideas that even if the Miis weren't in that they would have given those moves to other characters which would be pretty unlikely as it is, other then a small number of them, veterens most of them have similar movesets with qweeked attirbutes and not much else regardless of what else they decided to do on the side.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bring forth more Mii information! Every grab, every special, every aerial, smashes, tilts, jabs, even ledge attacks! Surely there is nothing else worth making a picture of the day about! No other characters, no stages, no items, no announcement about music being available on the official site.

xD most amusing part is that Sakurai could easily do this. We've got the specials for some of them, the size difference, the recent fsmash, appearance changes and I could be forgetting some of them.

If we do get more pictures of the newest newcomers I'd rather it be Mii or Pac-Man but the majority want Palutena and Pac-Man. Different wants but that means at least one person will be satisfied tonight...assuming it's not filler, actual filler that is.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
What's the point of coming around here and saying you expect filler? I mean I guess it tricks you into thinking you don't want and/or secretly expect something significant, but does it really work for anyone?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What's the point of coming around here and saying you expect filler? I mean I guess it tricks you into thinking you don't want and/or secretly expect something significant, but does it really work for anyone?
It doesn't, really. I just try to set low expectations as best as I can. And honestly, I don't think we've seen filler since the Rosalina/Fairy picture. Though I can understand the sentiment that trophies are filler, as I can agree with that.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I'm thinking something more significant tonight. Maybe some stage info(ON THE WII U POKEMON STAGE PLEASE).

D

Deleted member

General rule of thumb I've developed for the PotD is to expect nothing. You're either going to be right or be pleasantly surprised, it's a win-win situation.
That being said I expect MORE FILLER!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't mind filler that much, but I do mind Mii filler.

The one reason I find filler acceptable is because the pictures are still pretty HD Smash Bros characters, but that doesn't mean anything because Miis are incredibly ugly compared to the actual characters.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
General rule of thumb I've developed for the PotD is to expect nothing. You're either going to be right or be pleasantly surprised, it's a win-win situation.
That being said I expect MORE FILLER!
I expect a character reveal. I am either going to be correct, or disappointed. It is a win-lose situation!

D

Deleted member

When you take into consideration that Miis are representations of the player, I think this sentiment says more about you than what one might read at face value.
So he basically just called everyone ugly then?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Eh, I think the only thing I'll use the Mii for is so then I can play as Reggie and Krillin. (And Mr.Hercule Satan if I ever make a Mii for him.)
How can you not have a Hercule Mii?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Because I'm lazy, and usually don't spend too much time making Mii's, despite Hercule being my favorite DBZ character.
I want my Krillin, Tien and Yamcha Mii's..

Yes I like DB more then DBZ how did you guess. :p

Edit: Actually I'll probably be making a Yusuke Mii for Brawler

Anyways I'm not sure of what the next pic will be. I'm guessing something to do with, Mii's, Palutena, Pac-Man or Ike

Or Luigi's face

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom