• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Question for Swift Fox: y u no ever put caption? :p

Pic of the day. You can charge up Ike's Eruption attack by holding the button down, but remember to release it right before it fully charges to avoid recoil damage. Let go of the button at the moment the sword shines!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I did sort of figure that he wouldn't acknowledge a spin off, though, surprised he didn't be coy and talk about the blue shell.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You base his design on Radiant Dawn and you couldn't even make his flames blue...you disappoint me Sakurai.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Is it me or do all the characters look weirdly better all of a sudden? Mario looks great here, and King Dedede looked awesome a few days ago.
I thought the same, but I went back and looked at Dedede's pictures and the model looked generally the same. I think they're working on tweaking the animations and small things, like fingers and facial expressions, so it's making the characters look more lively, which is making them look better in general. The models still look the same, but they're more expressive now.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
You base his design on Radiant Dawn and you couldn't even make his flames blue...you disappoint me Sakurai.
Look at it this way. The fact they seem to have pretty much ported Ike over with maybe some animation tweaks and a new model bodes well for the rest of the Brawl vets getting the same treatment at least.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, that has nothing to do with Mario Kart. Back to the depths of Hell for nye-nye time.

Shroob

Sup?
Curious as to what tomorrow will bring now. We've gotten a cosmetic update, an explanation on an item, a new gameplay mechanic, and now a move confirmation...

Hmm.

Stage info? I guess... Maybe an item from the press kit. Really hoping it's not just more "Hey, this is Smash Run! Look at this enemy!" stuff again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So....literally nothing about the move was changed from Brawl, except for some possible damage changes which weren't mentioned.

Filler4Life

Ike2Late

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, that has nothing to do with Mario Kart. Back to the depths of Hell for nye-nye time.
The picture has Mario in it.

Mario is in Mario Kart.

Therefore it's related to Mario Kart.

:troll:

And seriously, Ike really should've had the blue fire from the final chapter of RD.

----

Last edited:

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Guys Guys, you gotta remember here that this is Sakurai we're talking about. We gotta think outside the box while somehow keeping our sanity intact.

Now with MK8 on the horizon Wario does seem like a plausible reveal...but that's too obvious. Now think with me a little, what kind of game is MK. That's right kiddies it's a racing game, now what new gimmick does MK8 bring to the table...that's right anti-gravity racing. Now if memory serves correctly doesn't Nintendo have another gravity defying racing game.....da daa da dun that's right EXCITEBIKE.

With all those crazy unrealistic mid air stunts those excitebikers pull off it's obvious this the reveal of an Excitebike character.

Say what now! You thought I was hinting at F-Zero's Captain Falcon...ha ha ha heavens no that would simply to obvious for sakurai standards. Though I do suppose if we go by that logic it would seem very likely, but knowing Sakurai I would say just throw all that logic outside the window and say BAM...Metaknight reveal.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
"Pic of the Day! Ike's Final Smash has been replaced with Cosmetic Change, which renders his flames blue for a limited period. The Final Smash offers no actual fighting advantage. So enjoy the change while it lasts!"

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys Guys, you gotta remember here that this is Sakurai we're talking about. We gotta think outside the box while somehow keeping our sanity intact. Now with MK8 on the horizon Wario does seem like a plausible reveal...but that's too obvious. Now think with me a little, what kind of game is MK. That's right kiddies it's a racing game, now what new gimmick does MK8 bring to the table...that's right anti-gravity racing. Now if memory serves correctly doesn't Nintendo have another gravity defying racing.....da daa da dun that's right EXCITEBIKE. With all those crazy unrealistic mid air stunts those excitebikers pull off it's obvious this the reveal of an Excitebike character. So what now! You thought I was hinting at F-Zero's Captain Falcon...ha ha ha heavens no that would simply to obvious for sakurai standards. Though I do suppose if we go by that logic it would seem very likely, but knowing Sakurai I would say just throw all that logic outside the window and say BAM...Metaknight reveal.
ExciteBiker would be during the Direct or something. Captain Falcon would make more sense for an obscure racer that has nothing to do with Mario Kart (Meta Knight is too obvious because of his initials).

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Guys Guys, you gotta remember here that this is Sakurai we're talking about. We gotta think outside the box while somehow keeping our sanity intact. Now with MK8 on the horizon Wario does seem like a plausible reveal...but that's too obvious. Now think with me a little, what kind of game is MK. That's right kiddies it's a racing game, now what new gimmick does MK8 bring to the table...that's right anti-gravity racing. Now if memory serves correctly doesn't Nintendo have another gravity defying racing.....da daa da dun that's right EXCITEBIKE. With all those crazy unrealistic mid air stunts those excitebikers pull off it's obvious this the reveal of an Excitebike character. So what now! You thought I was hinting at F-Zero's Captain Falcon...ha ha ha heavens no that would simply to obvious for sakurai standards. Though I do suppose if we go by that logic it would seem very likely, but knowing Sakurai I would say just throw all that logic outside the window and say BAM...Metaknight reveal.
My head... boosh.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
ExciteBiker would be during the Direct or something. Captain Falcon would make more sense for an obscure racer that has nothing to do with Mario Kart.
Yeah I know, I just wanted to poke some fun here since I haven't been on in years....mostly just lurking about >:3

Shroob

Sup?
Surprise twist: Sakurai reveals Ice Climbers/Lucas/some other starter from a previous game that I'm forgetting at the moment tomorrow.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Is Mario slipping in this pic? I assume the banana he slipped on is just not in the shot right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom