• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Also, erm... I'm confused. Didn't Sakurai JUST say that characters would always show their front sides? Why can we see Sheik's back if when she was revealed, she was revealed with her chest shown in the Nintendo direct... right when he says "Don't worry. Sheik is back"

Is it only on certain characters?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Also, erm... I'm confused. Didn't Sakurai JUST say that characters would always show their front sides? Why can we see Sheik's back if when she was revealed, she was revealed with her chest shown in the Nintendo direct... right when he says "Don't worry. Sheik is back"

Is it only on certain characters?
"Some characters."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if the steam is possibly an evolution of the cut battle damage feature in Brawl. Instead of things like cracked armour they now emit steam which can work with all characters.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It seems as if instead of an egg, Yoshi dropped a steaming pile of Sheik. I'll take the window on my way out.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Just realized this is what happened to Kirby's helpers when they were about to die. We get it Sakurai, you created Kirby, OK.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh, just realized we finally have Sheik in the spotlight of a PotD! Though is hasn't anything to do with her specifically, but still.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Yeah...I just...am not fond of the effect. I hope you can turn it off. If not, I'll live.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Looking forward to seeing what 999% looks like. Fox's blaster now slowly simmers his victims. =P

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
This is interesting. Is there a baseline percentage the 'smoking' starts at? I'm just going to assume that's the case. Probably around 70% - 80%? Maybe higher? That's a pretty solid kill range for Brawl.
I'm thinking around 150% since both Yoshi and Sheik are over that in the pics, and I don't think anyone saw characters smoking in the direct.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The lack of Ridley has got their blood boiling.

Wonder if this triggers at different percents for different characters.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Just realized this is what happened to Kirby's helpers when they were about to die. We get it Sakurai, you created Kirby, OK.
Kirby's helpers straight up lit on fire. And then exploded. That's a bit different than a bit of steam.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
that picture reminds me of gear second. Maybe he is hinting at a Luffy reveal. What...I guy can't dream?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think there is more to it then that.

Sure, Sakurai is probably bias as well, but everyone has to remember something. Kirby and Smash are both founded on the same principal: Being simple, yet fun.

Well think about what you said for a moment, kirby's helpers did this you say? Why? Well to show they are about to die. Why would Smash do this? To show they are about to die.

I know people would've wanted battle damage instead but...could you even see it in an intense fight. The steam is clearly visible, but I doubt battle damage could be visible unless you're standing still and squinting.

The steam is both more simple and effective in the long run. Which is what both Kirby and Smash is all about.

(Also, to the person I quoted, I know you could be joking around, but I wanted other people to understand this as well).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think there is more to it then that.

Sure, Sakurai is probably bias as well, but everyone has to remember something. Kirby and Smash are both founded on the same principal: Being simple, yet fun.

Well think about what you said for a moment, kirby's helpers did this you say? Why? Well to show they are about to die. Why would Smash do this? To show they are about to die.

I know people would've wanted battle damage instead but...could you even see it in an intense fight. The steam is clearly visible, but I doubt battle damage could be visible unless you're standing still and squinting.

The steam is both more simple and effective in the long run. Which is what both Kirby and Smash is all about.

(Also, to the person I quoted, I know you could be joking around, but I wanted other people to understand this as well).
Battle Damage would look way cooler for screenshots and Machinimas.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well Smashers, this here is what came out of Sakurai's battle damage idea for Brawl. I can say from a critical gaming standpoint, this will minimize the time spend darting our eyes across the screen.

I approve.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think this is supposed to reference how in the Kirby titles, when Kirby's health is very low, he'll start flashing red to show that he's almost expired.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok steam and smoke to tell how damage there are nice update

And as for the stage with no hazard

OMG MAKE IT STOP AND SHOW US RIDLEY AND STOP MOCKING US.

And tomorrow

Its a roullette wheel of either the blue shell or wario tomorrow.

Warios looking good for tomorrow because the usa version is on friday, and both thursday and friday is the flare gun most of time for the next characters. (Diddy kong got usa version DCKTF.)

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I've ever thought tracking damage was an issue, so I'm not sure how I feel about the steam effect. I'm thinking it would make getting the picture you want harder if it starts at too low of a percentage as I doubt the effect will be possible to toggle off.

I actually thought the steam was part of the level until I saw the caption, so I wasn't sure what the focus of the picture was.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Steam coming out of characters is a bit weird...

Doesn't DK have steam coming out of his head when his punch is fully charged? I wonder if they'll change that because of this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, looking at the steam in a different perspective, one could say they're goose is cooked.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Curious effect, although it's kind of unnecessary, but attention to details is something I can always appreciate.

So... if Naked Zero Suit Samus walks onto the stage, everyone will instantly get over 150%?

OP!
OP indeed, as any male characters would get a nosebleed, hindering their fighting skills.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Curious effect, although it's kind of unnecessary, but attention to details is something I can always appreciate.

OP indeed, as any male characters would get a nosebleed, hindering their fighting skills.
Blood in my Smash Bros? Finally~

But we need a male version as well.

Zero Suit Cpt. Falcon Shows His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom