• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't know if there's much left to say about Pit... 2 new moves (plus one updated), a new FS, new stance when he shoots arrows, 2 new stages, 5 new items...

Unless Palutena is being revealed soon, KI might not get much more love.
Here's what I got:

-U-tilt and F-tilt got improved
-F-air changed and improved
-Side B and Down-B changed. Both have super armor frames.
-New Final Smash
-His butt isn't flat like it was in Brawl (don't ask. Someone brought that one up)
-Potentially nerfed arrows while given better controlling capabilities
-Stronger melee capabilities so far to make up for no more Gliding
-Up-B changed and improved.
-Pit now has much more expressions this time around compared to his Brawl counterpart.

And I can go in-depth with some of the moves. And that's without knowing what his pummel/throws, D-tilt, B-air, and D-air are like yet.
So trust me when I say I'm all for gathering as much Pit data as possible. It can also help me be a better player faster if I do early research and improve on it later on when I gotta think about move priorities, speed, and frame data.

I understand bout waiting for Palutena though. :(

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Emit steam...? Interesting... I would rather they showed physical damage, but I guess this is okay. I mean, it's not that hard to look down a few centimetres and check their damage count.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
This is interesting. Is there a baseline percentage the 'smoking' starts at? I'm just going to assume that's the case. Probably around 70% - 80%? Maybe higher? That's a pretty solid kill range for Brawl.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ahaha, what an interesting addition! Opponents emit steam when things start to get heated, eh? What a hot battle! I bet all my attacks have got em steaming mad! ...steam.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Steam huh? Maybe it's just me but wouldn't this be better fit for specific characters like R.O.B.? Will seem kinda odd seeing the fighters just start emiting smoke as they take damage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Emit steam...? Interesting... I would rather they showed physical damage, but I guess this is okay. I mean, it's not that hard to look down a few centimetres and check their damage count.
Probably because it's easier than model changes. Another is that seeing a crack helmet on Captain Falcon or something way worse is going to annoy people(including Soccer Moms). Also, realistic violence being avoided works too. Seriously, you can do a lot with just bruises and such. Physical damage not being shown keeps the cartoony aspect of the series better.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Is this proportional to damage? If so, I wonder how it would look at 999%

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you have a picture?
Well... no.

But you can literally go test it out right now.

Regardless, does the steam only appear if they aren't moving ala the percentage?

Because we haven't seen it before and we've seen some high percentages.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Oh man...Yoshi sure is hot. :troll:

It's rather fitting that this update be made on Pyrosphere.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
PotD. Lava will slowly start to cook you the closer you get to it. Also, is your selfness fireproof?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well... no.

But you can literally go test it out right now.

Regardless, does the steam only appear if they aren't moving ala the percentage?

Because we haven't seen it before and we've seen some high percentages.
Maybe it's been added recently. Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to implement.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Is this proportional to damage? If so, I wonder how it would look at 999%
Maybe you just have a constant fire effect? Gosh turning into a walking talking fireball sure would be silly...

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I don't know how I feel about this. I've been totally on board with pretty much all of the gameplay changes but this just... doesn't really add anything. I guess it's kinda cool, but I still hope you can turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom