• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is interesting.

I think if the outlines are turned off, then the 1P or 2P over the heads will the only indicator of which team you are in.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well it could still cause problems if multiple people pick similar color schemes/characters. Having Doubles with 4 Meta Knights matches is an example of such extremes.

What I'm more curious about now is if Red/Blue are all that is needed now, since Green Team is now all but obsolete.
Wouldn't it be needed for 1v1v2?

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I think that they would keep the Green Team. A third team still needs differentiation, and I don't think it would be very ideal to have a blue team, red team, and a no-outline team. Since the differentiating factor is the color of the outlines, it would be intuitive to have the color of the outline be the differentiating factor alone.

This ain't shirts vs. skins. ;)

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yes. We have covered that already.
'-' I don't see where it's covered. The post I was replying to mentioned that the green team might be obsolete and after that I have yet to see a single post mention the green team.

Edit: Course while I'm typing out this reply someone mentions it =P

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
'-' I don't see where it's covered. The post I was replying to mentioned that the green team might be obsolete and after that I have yet to see a single post mention the green team.
Green Team is needed for 2v1v1 which isn't a competitive format but is a format supported by all previous smash games. It wouldn't make sense to cut support for it just to avoid including green outlines.
This one. I didn't mean to be rude, I apologize.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Prediction for tomorrow's pic:

Following the theme of these last two updates (visual changes that differentiate characters), tomorrow will reveal 4 never-before-seen character alts:

Toon Link - Lobster shirt
Zero Suit Samus - Justin Bailey outfit
Samus: Light suit or Dark Suit or Fusion suit
Megaman: Megaman X
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit
Rosalina: Racing outfit

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Since teams are indicated just by the color outline, we could actually have more than three teams colors now, even if we don't need them, since they'd be so incredibly easy to make.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Green Team is needed for 2v1v1 which isn't a competitive format but is a format supported by all previous smash games. It wouldn't make sense to cut support for it just to avoid including green outlines.
Fair enough I suppose, although I never really considered that "teams" so much as handicapped FFA. It actually wouldn't surprise me if teams was relegated to 2v2 (or 2v1 to a lesser extent) only now, given that was the default setting for teams battles on Wi-Fi.

Since teams are indicated just by the color outline, we could actually have more than three teams colors now, even if we don't need them, since they'd be so incredibly easy to make.
Well yellow would be a given. If we could pick our own color, I'd love to be Purple team.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yellow Team! White Team! Black Team! Purple Team! Pink Team! Brown Team! Orange Team! Gray Team! :troll:

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Fair enough I suppose, although I never really considered that "teams" so much as handicapped FFA. It actually wouldn't surprise me if teams was relegated to 2v2 (or 2v1 to a lesser extent) only now, given that was the default setting for teams battles on Wi-Fi.

Well yellow would be a given. If we could pick our own color, I'd love to be Purple team.
Purple is the best color :o

Yellow Team! White Team! Black Team! Purple Team! Pink Team! Brown Team! Orange Team! Gray Team! :troll:
Rainbow Team!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So outlines will be forced onto the Wii U in team matches or what? I honestly never minded the forced color change before, but this is nice all the same.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
His palette has not; however, been deconfirmed. We could always have Team :pt: colors: Red, Green, and Blue, all in one! Give him some proper representation.
He missed a game. If only he had alternate costumes in Brawl, if only... :urg:

But he didn't, so that's what it is.

Good thing Charizard does have alternate looks overall! :awesome:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
This is interesting.

I think if the outlines are turned off, then the 1P or 2P over the heads will the only indicator of which team you are in
I'd like to believe team outlines will be forced on everyone. On or off.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, Sakurai, for finally realising that the average Player does not have the memory of a Goldfish and is going to forget who's their teammate unless they're wearing the exact same color palette .

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Honestly, I feel the same way. Maybe I am just good at discerning my... um... enemies? My teammate is always the same, so we already know each-other and how we play, people choosing a different color is not going to throw us off.
Precisely. Perception is a lot. This isn't generic Smash Run enemy bashing. You know other indicators' colors which don't match your own are obviously not friendlies (teammates lawl). like who is who it's a battlefield out heres lololol

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
An attempt to make team-colored outlines for the Wii U version:

Think this'll work?

Morbi

Scavenger
Link. He can't suddenly change sword hands.

I guess half-way through this idea Sakurai and Co. must have realized the idiotic implications and that it's too late to go back.
Doesn't he change sword hands in Twilight Princess (Wii). Link is still bilaterally symmetrical though, even if he uses his sword with his left hand. Haha.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Doesn't he change sword hands in Twilight Princess (Wii). Link is still bilaterally symmetrical though, even if he uses his sword with his left hand. Haha.
That was some weird decision to keep the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combo for "right handed people". Seemed like a pointless thing to do. The world itself was mirrored too, keep in mind, so it was clear that Link still counts as left-handed if you count the GameCube version as the real one, and the Wii version as the "non-canon" version. It's a matter of taste. Only SS bothered to completely change it from the start. Albeit, there was weird sprites in the past games that didn't show him always left-handed, but that was often technical limitations. He's depicted left-handed in most media as is.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Biologically, yes, but even an object can be described as bilaterally symmetric. It still makes little sense for Link to switch arm pieces in the meager space of a few frames. There's also the case of Samus, who seems to exclusively use her Beam Cannon with her right arm. The most recent picture discussing mirror positions doesn't even respect the side that Greninja's tongue should rest on.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People seems to Think that all characters will be mirrored. Which is odd, as he clearly said 'some characters' will be. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom