• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Meh, so-so to me, but it works. The bright side to this is that I can take proper team snapshots with proper character colors. Pit with Samus, here I come.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ PurpleSpaceDragon PurpleSpaceDragon
Remember, boring and filler aren't the same thing. XD And from what I've seen, most seems to Think yesurday's update was good~ But to each his own.

So, Outlined Teams. That is neat.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So are Team Colors not mandatory anymore? What would this mean for doubles?

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We'll definitely need the caption for this one to know whether this is just a 3DS exclusive feature to make teams more obvious or whether it also applies to Wii U and is a new way of representing teams.

EDIT: The caption seems to suggest it does apply to Wii U. This is another good picture about an important visual detail.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
No wonder palette were confirmed yesterday! This means that he doesn't have to make horrible versions of red, blue, or green when it just doesn't work cough*BrawlGanondorf*cough

This is a great picture!

D

Deleted member

All right, can't wait to give Lucario a yellow outline so it looks like he'll go Super Saiyan cause Goku :troll:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So what about the Wii U version? I vaguely recall Sakurai saying at least the generic outline wasn't available in the Wii U version.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sakurai:

Pic of the day. In previous games in the series, if you chose
the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red.
But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation.

I wonder if this feature is for Wii U. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but a neat touch nonetheless.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What does that mean though? Both Samus and Link aren't the same color, are they on the same team? What's going on?
Teams = outline colors now rather than palette swaps. Wonder if there will be an option to make them more/less noticeable, like regular outlines.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Huh.. I wonder what this means for the Wii U version. Maybe there's an option to turn on outlines on the Wii U version and he just hasn't shown it off yet. But in team battles, it's mandatory. Interesting to think about.

Morbi

Scavenger
Huh.. I wonder what this means for the Wii U version. Maybe there's an option to turn on outlines on the Wii U version and he just hasn't shown it off yet. But in team battles, it's mandatory. Interesting to think about.
I really hope this applies to the Wii U version. I will cry if it doesn't.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I really hope this applies to the Wii U version. I will cry if it doesn't.
Same. I'm sure they'll do something similar, if it isn't an outline.

I wonder how many of these ideas are primarily Sakurai's and how many have come from Namco's side. I'm loving the new directions the game is going in, as it still feels like Smash Bros. but also homing in closer to traditional fighting game ideas as well, and I wonder if that's Namco's influence on the project.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Picture and caption give new information which is nice. It's just that I pretty much never do doubles so this will not apply to me very much, maybe the odd time with my cousin but that's about it. (This is the part where I'd put that 'I'll allow it' gif but I'm too lazy to go find it.)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes, I've wanted this to happen for ages!

But what if outlines are disabled and what happens in the Wii U version?

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
This is so good! Hopefully this applies to the Wii U version, it just makes sense. They could definitely make it work.

This also potentially knocks out any ugly "obligatory" character recolors.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Why would it cause confusion? Just "memorize" (more like observe) the color of your teammate. It isn't that difficult.
Like what Bravetriforcer said, a Red Mario on Blue Team or a Green Samus on Blue Team would be confusing I feel. Especially on stages with open air. We might see Blue Teams be banned.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This means that I am no longer forced to use a ****ty color in doubles! I am so HYPE. This is one of the best updates in a long time! I am so happy. I don't even care about Friday anymore.
I dunno, as a G&W main, I always liked being blue team on dark stages; people would just kinda lose track of my character, but this system is going to mean that G&W will always be two distinct colors (his costume plus his team outline) which will make him a lot easier to spot in the chaos. It's definitely better from a game design standpoint that way, but as a player, I'm always going to favor making my character visually inconspicuous so I didn't mind the old way at all.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
InB4GiveTheWiiUOutlinesSoWeCanHaveThisAwesomenessToo

I hope they find a way to do this with the Wii U version what they did here on the 3DS. The caption implies both versions, as it says previous games did the old fashioned palette swapping as opposed to now.

Wonder how they'll demonstrate it on the Wii U's end.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
This is the way it needs to be :) Only amateur noobie rookies get confused.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why would it cause confusion? Just "memorize" (more like observe) the color of your teammate. It isn't that difficult.
Well it could still cause problems if multiple people pick similar color schemes/characters. Having Doubles with 4 Meta Knights matches is an example of such extremes.

What I'm more curious about now is if Red/Blue are all that is needed now, since Green Team is now all but obsolete.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I imagine there'll have to be some kind of rule concerning certain colors, most notably, no red on green/blue team and vice versa for the other colors. Still from a casual perspective, I'm hyped, awesome update. Hopefully for tourney play its made pretty self explanatory outline/color wise.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Well it could still cause problems if multiple people pick similar color schemes/characters. Having Doubles with 4 Meta Knights matches is an example of such extremes.

What I'm more curious about now is if Red/Blue are all that is needed now, since Green Team is now all but obsolete.
Green Team is needed for 2v1v1 which isn't a competitive format but is a format supported by all previous smash games. It wouldn't make sense to cut support for it just to avoid including green outlines.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the way it needs to be :) Only amateur noobie rookies get confused.
Honestly, I feel the same way. Maybe I am just good at discerning my... um... enemies? My teammate is always the same, so we already know each-other and how we play, people choosing a different color is not going to throw us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom