• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I can't find the comment earlier but I too like character disconfirmations. Not because I don't want *insert character here*, but it gives us a "clearer" roster. Like Wonder Red and Dillon. Most people thought we'd at least get one of those playable. Of course, character confirmations are probably the best to see but I don't think we'll see one for a while.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as Greninja actually looks red, I don't see why the other Pokemon can't get away with having their bodies truly recolored as well. Sure, Pikachu and Jigglypuff have their headgear, but Lucario and Charizard do need their body recolors to be improved.

Donkey Kong could get away with having blue and green hair, so why not Lucario?

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
You know, today's update reminds me of a pet peeve I had: Why in Sam Hill did it take until Brawl before Mario had his Fire Flower color scheme? It's like right up there with his default costume in terms of recognisability! For goodness sake, Luigi had his since the very first game! That just grinds my gears.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You know, today's update reminds me of a pet peeve I had: Why in Sam Hill did it take until Brawl before Mario had his Fire Flower color scheme? It's like right up there with his default costume in terms of recognisability! For goodness sake, Luigi had his since the very first game! That just grinds my gears.
Yeah but they got rid of the Wario color.

Look, I don't care if Wario is in the game (I lie, I care), you simply do not get rid of the Wario color.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah but they got rid of the Wario color.

Look, I don't care if Wario is in the game (I lie, I care), you simply do not get rid of the Wario color.
...When did they get rid of his Wario color? He has them in the first 3 games and there's no way we know if it's gone in 4. It'll probably be there.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
...When did they get rid of his Wario color? He has them in the first 3 games and there's no way we know if it's gone in 4. It'll probably be there.
Crap, I'm dumb. Been playing Project M too much, which doesn't have it, so I forgot Brawl had it. My bad.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I never understood that either, that was half the reason I didn't main Mario. Better late than never though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fun facts: Luigi's original default colour scheme in Super Mario Bros was white and green, his Fire Flower scheme just made him look like Fire Mario.
Mario also has a red overall/blue shirt alt, a nod to his first appearance in Donkey Kong.

I would assume that Sakurai thought that was a good enough reason to include them in SSB64.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
While we're on that, would it be safe to assume Luigi's blue color will change to Ice Luigi?

All that's needed is to change the color of the overalls and shoes, and voila.

Morbi

Scavenger
While we're on that, would it be safe to assume Luigi's blue color will change to Ice Luigi?

I feel as though that is ideal; the monochromatic blue always bothered me. The green makes for a nice accent and it obviously fits his character while representing something. It would be foolish not to replace his blue palette.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman

I think they might just keep the current blue and add that one along side it.

The only issue I see is that the green overalls could get confusing in bigger stages during teams.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
The green would confuse people on bigger stages? Why?
Its just that from afar a player could mistake him for green team with the green overalls standing out just a bit more.

But it's a minor issue, I actually favor the ice flower color scheme.

Morbi

Scavenger
Its just that from afar a player could mistake him for green team with the green overalls standing out just a bit more.

But it's a minor issue, I actually favor the ice flower color scheme.
I don't see the problem. Luigi's green is much more saturated; not only is it more vibrant, but it is FAR more iconic. The dominant color isn't necessarily green on Ice Luigi. But I can see where you are coming from.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I don't see the problem. Luigi's green is much more saturated; not only is it more vibrant, but it is FAR more iconic. The dominant color isn't necessarily green on Ice Luigi. But I can see where you are coming from.
Heh, like I said minor issue, I know color schemes can be annoying at times in teams.

I wanted to see ice Luigi ever since they made it his alt in Mario Kart GPDX:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
On topic of Ice Luigi... I really wish that they kept Thunder Luigi a thing, from M&L: Superstar saga.
Should have been incorporated into his moveset starting from Brawl. But here we are in 4 and they're still not really working with many of his unique elements. :dizzy:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It wasn't a costume or a normal powerup, but yeah, Luigi would be cool with the thunderrrrrrrrr!

Add an electric effect to his forward smash, make him shoot a lightning ball every so often when using his Fireball attack, and maybe give him an additional final smash (if characters have more than one) where he uses a solo Thunder Bros. attack from Superstar Saga.

And on costumes, I think his orange skinned costume from SSB64 and Melee should return.

----

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Heh, like I said minor issue, I know color schemes can be annoying at times in teams.

I wanted to see ice Luigi ever since they made it his alt in Mario Kart GPDX:
This is the Ice Luigi should be playable.
Obv Luigi not Mario...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We're less than three weeks from E3 so I seriously doubt any fighters are coming until then
I think 1 fighter is likely. It will probably be either Ness or Wario since they are the most likely to come back and not in a big reveal form.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope we get one more character between now and E3. I mean, say Sakurai announced 'one character a week until E3!'... imagine the hype it would cause. Rather than being unimpressed, and feeling like he's using filler until E3, it'd make everyone so much more excited.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I hope we get one more character between now and E3. I mean, say Sakurai announced 'one character a week until E3!'... imagine the hype it would cause. Rather than being unimpressed, and feeling like he's using filler until E3, it'd make everyone so much more excited.
There is always hope...
Wait a minute. This is Sakurai we're talking about. Nevermind. Unpredictability + before E3 + Sakurai +boredom = filler. Hopefully not. But Sakurai.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Late, but I really love the alt palettes on Bowser and Greninja, hopefully this time around all the other pokemon palettes are proper recolors and not slight tints of blue/red/green/etc...

Oh, and so glad it's not a filler pic like I was fearing.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
A co-worker and I placed guesses over which kinds of filler pics we think we'll get in the next couple of days. She says that we will see more details about a move that we already know about. I say that we will see more details about an item that we already know about.

Let the games begin.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm guessing we'll get a 3DS picture tonight. Hopefully it's not of Smash Run. Maybe a version exclusive AT could be shown. Or, a trophy disconfirmation picture on the 3DS.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm guessing we'll get a 3DS picture tonight. Hopefully it's not of Smash Run. Maybe a version exclusive AT could be shown. Or, a trophy disconfirmation picture on the 3DS.
Just pray to Based Sakurai that Bandana Dee is not deconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom