• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvaz0M1w
Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
"Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better."

"Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle."

Basically saying any symmetrical character will now face the screen more often. Exceptions so far are Pit, Link, Samus, and Marth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wasn't it the Black Bowser clone that turned into Giga Bowser in Melee? :troll:

EDIT: So this is about the new mirroring thing rather than the costumes.

Some like Marth don't have this; I'm willing to bet it's because of the weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better."

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I liked seeing the backs of characters. It gave captain Falcon two taunts in one. This will surely be missed. I don't know why they changed it....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So anyone have the captions?
"Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character better."

Well obviously ninja'd since I manually typed it out.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

"Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle."
So from now on, we can't see the backside of the characters?

*thinks about Miss Fit and Zamus* ...SAKURAAAAAAAAAIIIIII!!! D<

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I am surprised that everyone finds this update to be better than the last two.
Seeing as how it's not Monday's absolutely nothing and Tuesday's showing off how pretty something we already knew about is, this is pretty nice.

Especially since it shows off a feature we assumed would be in the game but hadn't actually seen yet.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Hmm, that's actually a big detail since a lot of animations are asymmetrical. I think the previous smash games were always careful to make sure facing left or right always ahd the same reach (very important for someone like Link who always uses his sword with his left arm), but it did have some quirks like how Captain Falcon taunts considerably faster facing one direction or the other.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I didn't even realized they were mirrored. I was too busy focusing on those color palettes...

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

SO much better looking than Brawl's.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*takes pics of awesome colors*

*talks about positioning*

Good job Sakurai...

I'm glad we're seeing some color schemes! I'm also glad to see Greninja has a totally, distinctly red color swap. Before, Pokémon (and Sonic) barely got a tint, which I suspect has to do with the Pokémon Company's harsh rules about how their characters are allowed to be depicted. Looks like they eased up at least for Greninja.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Here's the list of characters last seen in PotD:

May 21 – Mario, Greninja, Bowser, Kirby (-00:10) palette swap
May 20 – (-00:50) Details about A.T. capsule
May 19 – Little Mac, Olimar (-00:14) Humor
--last week--
May 16 – Villager (-00:57) New costume
May 15 – Samus, Zero Suit Samus (-00:33) Details about existing A.T.
May 14 – (-00:26) New Trophy
May 13 – Charizard, Diddy Kong (-00:22) Mega Charizard now confirmed as FS
May 12 – Link (-00:45) Details about wire frame Little Mac
--older dates--
May 9 – Donkey Kong, Pit
May 8 – Luigi, Mega Man
May 5 – Zelda
May 2 – Sonic
May 1 – Mario
April 30 – Marth, Peach, Toon Link
April 24 – Yoshi
April 16 – Wii Fit Trainer
April 15 – Sheik
April 8 – Pikachu
March 27 – Fox
March 19 – Rosalina
March 5 – King Dedede
February 11 – Lucario

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we have our official confirmation of palette swaps. Brown Boswer look great.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, we have our official confirmation of alt costumes. Brown Boswer look great.
This Bowser is black, has red hair, and has big lips. Let's wait and see how much Nintendo is called Racists this time, cuz' that Bowser is obviously offensive.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I like that one of Bowser's alts is based on Morton Koopa. Kinda sucks that we can't see characters backs anymore. Always liked that added detail to the characters. Mirroring seems like that lazy way around it.

D

Deleted member

I like that one of Bowser's alts is based on Morton Koopa. Kinda sucks that we can't see characters backs anymore. Always liked that added detail to the characters. Mirroring seems like that lazy way around it.
While certainly it seems that most hand-to-hand fighters will have this mirroring effect. I imagine weapon wielding characters such as Link, Rosalina (the wand she carries), and Pit may not have this mirroring effect for the sake of continuity. After all, Link carries his sword in his left hand and his shield in his right, so if he had mirroring then that would mean when he was facing left he would carry his shield in his left and his sword in his right, which wouldn't make much sense. The same would go for Rosalina, who would have to switch her wand from her left to her right hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Little Mac will probably be an exception as well. Wouldn't make sense if he's mirrored.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Here's the list of characters last seen in PotD:

May 21 – Mario, Greninja (-00:10) palette swap
May 20 – (-00:50) Details about A.T. capsule
May 19 – Little Mac, Olimar (-00:14) Humor
--last week--
May 16 – Villager (-00:57) New costume
May 15 – Samus, Zero Suit Samus (-00:33) Details about existing A.T.
May 14 – (-00:26) New Trophy
May 13 – Charizard, Diddy Kong (-00:22) Mega Charizard now confirmed as FS
May 12 – Link (-00:45) Details about wire frame Little Mac
--older dates--
May 9 – Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pit
May 8 – Luigi, Mega Man
May 5 – Zelda
May 2 – Sonic
May 1 – Mario
April 30 – Marth, Peach, Toon Link
April 24 – Yoshi
April 16 – Wii Fit Trainer
April 15 – Sheik
April 8 – Pikachu
April 3 – Bowser
March 27 – Fox
March 19 – Rosalina
March 5 – King Dedede
February 11 – Lucario
You missed the second pic with Bowser/Kirby today. Update the list plz! :4bowser::4kirby:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
:4link::4marth::4samus::4tlink: I'm assuming these characters won't mirror their actions when facing another direction. Maybe theres more. Possibly :4zss: because she always holds a gun in one hand. I don't know yet. I haven't looked.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
:4link::4marth::4samus::4tlink: I'm assuming these characters won't mirror their actions when facing another direction. Maybe theres more. Possibly :4zss: because she always holds a gun in one hand. I don't know yet. I haven't looked.
:4dedede::rosalina::4villager::4littlemac::4pit:

Don't forget these guys

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ah. I guess you're right. but why villager and LM? I guess you looked already.
Villager can take out his string shot in hand, making it a weapon. Although I did come to that conclusion when I saw his back in a video.

For Lil Mac's case, he's a boxer. Handedness is important.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah. I guess you're right. but why villager and LM? I guess you looked already.
LM,being a boxer, has his stance dependent on his dominant hand, having it either behind or in front his other hand. Having this switch with mirroring would be a break in continuity because most boxer's keep the same hand in front or behind at all times.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I never minded the original design where the characters' backs were visible, but I'm sure it isn't something that's that noticable in gameplay anyways.

As for the palette swaps, which is what originally caught my eye in the pictures, as discussed, it's nice Pokemon are getting full recolors, or at least Greninja did which gives hope for the others. I at least want Lucario revamped, and for non-Pokemon, Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom