• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Kamiya said that he wanted to make the next game with a "realistic" art style. So i guess you'd get your wish if there's a sequel.
I thought he said the side-story sequelish game would be like that
Should ditch the Wonderful 101 concept and go with their old Smash Brothers concept instead. That'll sell tons more in comparison. No reason to reinvent the wheel that didn't work the first time and no-one really was keen on, y'know?
W101 was a great game that was just marketed poorly, so hopefully not. I showed the game to my graphics ***** cousins and they ate it up. They just need to promote the sequel better.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red passes without much attention for me. I never played 101 so I don't understand his draw.
A super hero from a character action game that has a massive move list where he can make attacks out of PEOPLE and PULSING red energy that he uses to stop an alien invasion with other super heroes that can make weapons out of energy and people.

TL;DR: He was an amazing choice with a badass moveset choices.

I thought he said the side-story sequelish game would be like that
He did. It would also basically be Devil May Cry with Wonder Blue instead of Dante. lol

Should ditch the Wonderful 101 concept and go with their old Smash Brothers concept instead. That'll sell tons more in comparison. No reason to reinvent the wheel that didn't work the first time and no-one really was keen on, y'know?
True. Sadly. Wonderful 101 deserves more attention.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You're right. Olimar didn't deserve to be in Brawl.
Excuse you. A more accurate statement would've been Olimar didn't deserve to be in Melee because he was too new. Which he wasn't. Because he was too new. He definitely deserved to be in Brawl.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The term deserving is so subjective to the point where it is almost entirely meaningless. It all depends on perspective and opinion and very little of anything concrete.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ouch, Wonderful 101 take a hard hit!

My condolences to all you W101 fans out there.

NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEEEEEEELLLLLSSSSS!

:p

Just joking.

G-K

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda glad newer IP's representation is limited, that keeps this game for becoming an advertisement like Marvel vs Capcom 3 was.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Two fairly common requests knocked out by Sakurai in a short period of time? E3 is probably going to be really rough like that then. I'm also in the group that didn't play 101, so Wonder Red wasn't really on my radar for the game. If the game gets a sequel or two before Smash 5, I could see him joining the roster.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I always stayed out of Wonderful 101 discussion because I thought Red and the others were long shots for even assist trophy status, and I'm not they type to enter a conversation just to be a buzz kill (as a Ridley supporter it's something I've dealt with from the other side far too often.)

The thing about Wonderful 101 is that not only is it a new IP, but it was a colossal commercial failure. Earthbound on the SNES sold more copies IN NORTH AMERICA then 101 did globally.

Still, my condolences go out to his fans, and really, Wonder Red should have probably been an assist. And hey, a stage is still a possibility, right?

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Sakurai once again proving that not everyone's going to make the cut as a playable character.

Watch who you support, guys.

juddy96

Smash Lord
POTD today can be filler for all I care, #HoennConfirmed, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire coming in November 2014 for 3DS! Now do people realize why the 3DS version of Smash wasn't released in winter?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm kinda glad newer IP's representation is limited, that keeps this game for becoming an advertisement like Marvel vs Capcom 3 was.
Honestly, MvC's roster was good, it just stupidly lacked Mega Man.

And had the developers not cared about advertising, we wouldn't have gotten Wesker, so I think its a plus.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Monday: Hiding spot on Boxing Ring.
Tuesday: Enemies whose thing is hiding from you.
Wednesday: Trophy of a character who hides his identity with a mask.

Still a bit of a motif, but I'm not sure of anything yet.

ZealRed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZealRed
3DS FC
5026-4454-7119
I don't care for 101 stuff, but I do feel bad for those who do care.
Your username, and my username. It is just too odd, if I would have known earlier I would have named myself something else, Oh well, I didn't even know this community existed 6 years ago, so I applaud you. I guess this is quite the small world, in fact, community. Now I feel like completely changing my username.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, at least Wonder Red gets a mention. As well as the other Wonderful 100. As disappointing as it is that he didn't get a bigger role, at least the character is being acknowledged. Also, is it just me, or do the trophies for this game look infinitely better than the ones in Brawl. I'm quite digging them so far.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Your username, and my username. It is just too odd, if I would have known earlier I would have named myself something else, Oh well, I didn't even know this community existed 6 years ago, so I applaud you. I guess this is quite the small world, in fact, community. Now I feel like completely changing my username.
Yeah, you can change your username if you get a premium account, so it's in your range of possibilities.

My username is also my tag and it's my username on several Smash forums, so I'm quite attached to it actually.

Though our usernames might be sufficiently different, but I guess that's up to you to decide as I'm surely keeping mine, lol.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Dillon and Wonder Red are cool and all... but seeing them in the roster (and more than 1 new characters from non-major Nintendo-based development) will make Smash feel out of place, imo. They're too new and their icon-status doesn't compare. One could say that amount the newest Pokemon additions, but they're still Pokemon. Them getting the love and recognition is what makes me happy. I understand Dillon is from Nintendo, but he seems more of an experiment developed by one of Nintendo's smaller studios. I mean, maybe next time, I suppose.

If there's just a matchup with Dillon vs Wonder Red vs Bayonetta vs Lloyd Irving, I'm gonna question what kinda game I'm playing. That's not to say if the first two made the roster that I'd be complaining. I'm okay with it. I'm okay without it.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If there's just a matchup with Dillon vs Wonder Red vs Bayonetta vs Lloyd Irving, I'm gonna question what kinda game I'm playing. That's not to say if the first two made the roster that I'd be complaining. I'm okay with it. I'm okay without it.
Mii vs Wii Fit Trainer vs Chorus Kids vs Pac-Man

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Meh I think Wonder Red should have at least been a assist trophy. But I guess it's nice that he got acknowledged though. Also while I hate to admit it I think it's nice that Sakurai has deconfirmed some of these characters, It's better than having to wait until the game is released to see.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mii vs Wii Fit Trainer vs Chorus Kids vs Pac-Man
aaaaaaaaaaaccckk!!!!

I'm indifferent on Pac-Man, but oh please more than anything no Mii's. I embrace Dillon and Wonder Red over a bland & generic abomination that the millions create.

Pac-Man is legit, though. Ms. Pac-Man is the perfect female alternative outfit and would be welcomed.

Elite Beat Agents > Chorus Kids :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
aaaaaaaaaaaccckk!!!!

I'm indifferent on Pac-Man, but oh please more than anything no Mii's. I embrace Dillon and Wonder Red over a bland & generic abomination that the millions create.

Pac-Man is legit, though. Ms. Pac-Man is the perfect female alternative outfit and would be welcomed.

Elite Beat Agents > Chorus Kids :p
mii's are on my guaranteed list......hasn't been wrong yet.......
sorry.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Mii's have nothing to do with the current pic of the day.

I just got W101. Maybe he's still playable, or an AT, just backhandedly revealed as simply a trophy.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
mii's are on my guaranteed list......hasn't been wrong yet.......
sorry.
Can you put Dixie Kong on that list then :p

Wonder Red's final smash would obviously be a collection of heroes, (but that would be insane to have all those models). By the way of Sakurai's revealance method, this most likely deconfirms him being in the roster. So if Platinum is getting a rep which is still possible, Bayonetta would be the one, but I still doubt that it's likely.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Can you put Dixie Kong on that list then :p

Wonder Red's final smash would obviously be a collection of heroes, (but that would be insane to have all those models). By the way of Sakurai's revealance method, this most likely deconfirms him being in the roster. So if Platinum is getting a rep which is still possible, Bayonetta would be the one, but I still doubt that it's likely.
W101 is a Nintendo IP. It has nothing to do with Platinum. It's like how Capcom did The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons- Nintendo still owns the IP, it just didn't make the game.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
W101 is a Nintendo IP. It has nothing to do with Platinum. It's like how Capcom did The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons- Nintendo still owns the IP, it just didn't make the game.
Yes, but it still has something to do with Platinum :bluejump:

They've been good to Nintendo.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So is Bayonetta technically a SEGA franchise?
SEGA was just the publisher- Platinum owns that IP.
Yes, but it still has something to do with Platinum :bluejump:

They've been good to Nintendo.
I mean, yes, it has to do with Platinum, but they don't own any of the W101. Not even 1%. Nintendo owns all of it.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
SEGA was just the publisher- Platinum owns that IP.

I mean, yes, it has to do with Platinum, but they don't own any of the W101. Not even 1%. Nintendo owns all of it.
Correct. My post was more along the lines of appreciating the work Platinum has done. Nintendo pretty much saying "W101 wouldn't have been created and made this awesome if it wasn't for you guys. Let's put someone in the game". But you know, Sakurai's gonna Sak.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
A bit late to the party but damn, both Dillon and Red deconfirmed. Surely some tears were shed this week. Both had some potential moveset wise but I'm glad they didn't make it because I like to keep the roster filled with characters that proven their worth already.

I hope that Sakurai is gonna keep his killstreak up, cause if he's planning on not including my most wanted characters Isaac and Mewtwo I'd rather hear it now so I can get over it before the game drops than be disappointed when I finally have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom