• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai loves the **** out of the boxing stage.

And yes the fire bar is a boss item. Loving it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai loves the **** out of the boxing stage.

And yes the fire bar is a boss item. Loving it.
I agree with both of your statements, but admittingly like this post solely for that awesome avy of Blaze. <3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
meh i wish the direct had not reveals so much
No you don't. Don't let your present pessimism make you lie about the past. If it hadn't revealed so much, past you would've cried like a Half Life fan being told in an announcement that the third game was finally coming...eventually.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
#TeamFireBar
It was hands-down my favourite item in the direct.

The beam sword looks better too. I preferred the pink Melee one to the blue Brawl one. This one... is the best of both worlds. :p

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
That feel when the pic still hasn't updated for you.

...C'mmmooonnn...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Has the MiiVerse comment been posted yet? Anyways, I like the Fire Bar item!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, that was shown in the Direct. And graduated colors? I am taking it to mean that it has reverted to its pink color from Melee rather than blue.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What does he mean by graduated colors?

Pleaseexcusemystupidity.
Yeah, that was shown in the Direct. And graduated colors? I am taking it to mean that it has reverted to its pink color from Melee rather than blue.
He's referring to gradients.

How it goes from red, transitions into white at the middle and then transitions into blue at the other end.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I took it as to mean it grows in power somehow and it changes colors with each swing? Graduated means to move forward or progress. Going back to pink he'd more than likely use ''reverted."

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
While I like the picture itself, I think it's good that Sakurai covered two items in one picture. He could easily have had two separate updates for each. I hope this is a sign that he will try to rip through some Direct stuff.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Coolest picture of Link yet? ...Coolest picture of Link yet. Dual-wielding the Master Sword and a friggin laser beam space katana. Anybody who doesn't love that will never know true happiness.

And while I think the fire bar looks neat, I don't really understand why people are getting so hyped about it - a melee weapon that has a very limited number of attacks seems sort of crummy to me, unless it does insane damage. I think it'd be cooler if you could toss it to place it and have it spin around, personally.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
He's referring to gradients.

How it goes from red, transitions into white at the middle and then transitions into blue at the other end.
I took it as to mean it grows in power somehow and it changes colors with each swing? Graduated means to move forward or progress. Going back to pink he'd more than likely use ''reverted."
Make's sense. Maybe it was a slip up from his translator. I will give the Japanese text a read later on.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ever since the Direct, I was always under the impression that if you threw the Fire Bar it would pause in mid-air and spin. That's what I'm hoping.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Coolest picture of Link yet? ...Coolest picture of Link yet. Dual-wielding the Master Sword and a friggin laser beam space katana. Anybody who doesn't love that will never know true happiness.

And while I think the fire bar looks neat, I don't really understand why people are getting so hyped about it - a melee weapon that has a very limited number of attacks seems sort of crummy to me, unless it does insane damage. I think it'd be cooler if you could toss it to place it and have it spin around, personally.
It's simple. You are actually holding and hitting enemies with a Classic Fire Bar. Just the idea is Amazing. XD It's Power is irrelavent, hehe.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I have a feeling for the rest of this month we'll just be getting pictures of things he's shown us in the Nintendo Direct.

Of course he'll provide more details for those things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have a feeling for the rest of this month we'll just be getting pictures of things he's shown us in the Nintendo Direct.

Of course he'll provide more details for those things.
That's why I like it. There's been more details for each one so far. If it's a Direct-related one.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
Today was lame, Sakurai. We already knew this from the footage we've seen. It's OK if shows something old but reveals something new about it in text form, but when he just repeats himself like this is not cool. It reminds me of the PotDs six months ago when he could post completely meaningless pics which just showed a character standing there, without any information.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Noob question: Is the Beam Sword from a particular Nintendo game or is it just a simple, generic item created for Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Noob question: Is the Beam Sword from a particular Nintendo game or is it just a simple, generic item created fro Smash Bros?
It's original to Smash Bros. I'd say it's inspired by Star Wars given its looks and sound effects...

Also, the Fire Bar is the best item idea ever. I would have never imagined those obstacles as items.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Noob question: Is the Beam Sword from a particular Nintendo game or is it just a simple, generic item created for Smash Bros?
It's based upon the Lightsaber. Notably, the sounds from the film are only intact in the Japanese version. This is possibly why it is able to shrink in Melee/Brawl. The color changes(Red/Green/Blue) are pretty mysterious too. We have yet to see if 4 will have it make the film sounds in the Japanese version or at all.

It's an inspired item, but an original one overall. A nice homage, if you will.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh for Pete sake graduated colors mean you can choose the color of the beam sword or a smoothly changes colors as the time goes by or by each hit

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Mario: Link... I'MA YOUR FATHER!!

Link: :glare:

Love'in that sweet light-saber. :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'd love for the Beam Sword to not have a blade Before you pick it up. And when you pick it up, it gets a blade of a color fitting it's wielder. Green for Link, Red for Mario, Yellow for Peekachu, Pink for Kirby. Etc etc.

Anyways, tomorrow, I predict... details about a Assist Trophy. ^^

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The Direct "clarifications" continue. Not bad, but I do hope we get away from ones that are quite this obvious.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
^ Well, at least he did two in the same Picture. :)

Oh well. Isn't Kirby Triple Delux released this Friday? Or is it next? Either way, MetaKnight reveal, maybe?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
^ Well, at least he did two in the same Picture. :)

Oh well. Isn't Kirby Triple Delux released this Friday? Or is it next? Either way, MetaKnight reveal, maybe?
Kirby Triple Deluxe was released in Japan back in January and the NA/EU are not due out until next month BUT the retail release of NES Remix 1+2 in Japan is this Thursday so some people are holding out for the Ice Climbers that day/night.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Kirby Triple Deluxe was released in Japan back in January and the NA/EU are not due out until next month BUT the retail release of NES Remix 1+2 in Japan is this Thursday so some people are holding out for the Ice Climbers that day/night.
Then where did I get that release date from in the first Place? D: Dammit. My bad.

Also, Ice Climbers for Remix 2? That sounds possible, but Ice Climbers aren't actually in that game, though, right?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
But some of the positive aspects of this pic, the fire bar is a great addition (still would of thought the P balloon would of been funny, but too hard to incorporate/really irrelevant now). Also, the beam sword, along with all the original smash items in this game, look better than the original. Every single one of them.

Honestly, this game does look so well polished, like a mix of all the best stuff from each game. For a game that has only made (in my eyes) one noticeable blunder so far, I'm looking optimistically at it.
What was the blunder? For me it's For Glory's selection of stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom