• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just posted this in a couple of other threads, but I guess it's kind of like a PotD... on a Saturday! It's from the official FB page.

Caption: 'Wireframe Mac is a variation on regular Little Mac. When you choose your fighter, you can pick Wireframe Mac instead of Little Mac, just like you can select between the male or female Wii Fit Trainer.'

View attachment 12631
So.....is Sakurai actually pushing that the Arcade boxer is Mac before he was given a name?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really like Wireframe Mac. I wonder if you have to unlock him. I'd love to have to unlock alt costumes, as I love unlocking things. XD

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This.
I love to unlock things as well.
Exept 64 Kongo Jungle in melee I HATE unlocking that...
I don't remember how you unlock that stage. But I do remember it was pretty much the last thing I unlocked in that game, haha. Good times.
I was disappointed in how easy Everything was to unlock in Brawl. I hope it's harder this time. :)

Also, Pic of the Day for next week. Err. Not sure. I expect a few 'filler' pics, and Another Final Destination we've not seen yet.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wireframe Mac is definitely a cool alt. Now, I heard someone mention there was official art for the male Wii Fit Trainer as well, does anyone know about that?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why is the site crashing? A new attack?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Every time the site crashes, I think to myself "oop, Ridley must've been announced."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Most likely more clarifications about the direct.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Most likely more clarifications about the direct.
Thing is, you never know with Sakurai. Remember the release of Pokémon, and all predictions? Yoshi? All other predictions?

I get the feeling that he's actually aware of these predictions, and then does his best to NOT follow them in order to surpise people. :-)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thing is, you never know with Sakurai. Remember the release of Pokémon, and all predictions? Yoshi? All other predictions?

I get the feeling that he's actually aware of these predictions, and then does his best to NOT follow them in order to surpise people. :-)
A extremely zoomed-in Picture of Zero Suit Samus. Pic of the Day: "We worked very hard with the textures in this game. Just look at these textures in this zoomed-in area of the randomly picked ZSS. Yes, look at it~"

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
A extremely zoomed-in Picture of Zero Suit Samus. Pic of the Day: "We worked very hard with the textures in this game. Just look at these textures in this zoomed-in area of the randomly picked ZSS. Yes, look at it~"
LOL! I like they way you're thinking. :-)

Or a picture of a zoomed-in Zero Suit Samus with the Animal Crossing village in the background: "Would you smash dat hometown? I know I would."

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm excited for the coming week. Sakurai has had time to recover from the Direct, and I hope he posts more new info, like he did on Friday. Seeing as it's Golden Week this week, maybe he's in a festive mood. Who knows, by now I realise how hard he is to predict.

Also, there's like 7 weeks to E3. So excited.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited for the coming week. Sakurai has had time to recover from the Direct, and I hope he posts more new info, like he did on Friday. Seeing as it's Golden Week this week, maybe he's in a festive mood. Who knows, by now I realise how hard he is to predict.

Also, there's like 7 weeks to E3. So excited.
Speaking of Golden Week, do they actually work during Golden Week? Maybe.........

THERE WON'T BE NEW PICS THIS UPCOMING WEEK!! :-(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Don't worry, I doubt Sakurai wouldn't post next week. Remember, he would most likely tell us he wouldn't be posting, like he did at Christmas. :)

I expect a few good New-Info pics for this new week, but most will be clarifications of what me saw in the Direct. ^^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Golden Week, do they actually work during Golden Week? Maybe.........

THERE WON'T BE NEW PICS THIS UPCOMING WEEK!! :-(
Sakurai would've made a comment to let us know when he'll take a break from screenshot posting. He hasn't taken a break since New Year's week.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I predict a comment about Yoshi's posture tomorrow.
Then Final Destination of a random 3DS stage.
Then one of Greninja's Specials.
A comment about a Smash Run enemy
And lastly, something brand new, but relatively minor. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai would've made a comment to let us know when he'll take a break from screenshot posting. He hasn't taken a break since New Year's week.
True.

Also, he only has to think of what to say, since his employees can easily post and write the words as he says them.

Related, I've noticed that some translations seem to not convey his exact meaning before. The first shot of Kotake and Koume has him, in the Japanese version, go; "Are they evil?" essentially, while the English version is translated to "They're definitely up to no good." That's pretty much two different meanings. Of course, both fit appropriately, but you get what I mean.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't think all will have alts. But most will.
Not all of the characters have potential to have alts...

It also depends on what restrictions Sakurai puts on them. He has said he wouldn't want to make alts that were representing different characters since that wouldn't be doing them justice (so, a Raichu version of Pikachu, or Impa for Sheik, or Dixie for Diddy, etc.).

But things like Samus wearing the Light Suit or whatever could be possible...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
May is almost a lock for wario for mario kart 8

(By almost I mean from nobody for pokemon x and y and nobody in march)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I am hoping we get a veteran reveal during May during one of the PotDs, but I'm also starting to think they're going to have veterans be unlockables again. Either that or it's a situation similar to Yoshi and Sakurai is holding them back from reveal until they get them worked out properly.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I reckon we'll get maybe one veteran from here to E3. I think they'll hold back and just go all guns out at the conference. I can see a few more items, moves, stages, etc. cropping up beforehand - but besides that, I'm banking on more filler.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I reckon we'll get maybe one veteran from here to E3. I think they'll hold back and just go all guns out at the conference. I can see a few more items, moves, stages, etc. cropping up beforehand - but besides that, I'm banking on more filler.
I think the rest of the starter veterans (and 1 or 2 special case newcomers) will be shown at E3 I mean we still don't falco or R.O.B or ganondorf

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I still think we'll get Ice Climbers this Thursday/Friday (whenever Nes Remix comes out) Meta Knight for Triple Deluxe release in May and maybe Wario for Mario Kart 8 release, or, since he will probably represent WarioWare instead of Mario things, he might just be shown at E3. I think instead E3 will focus on Pac-Man and Miis as newcomers and elaborations on modes, custom move sets, 3DS - Wii U connectivity and more.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I still think we'll get Ice Climbers this Thursday/Friday (whenever Nes Remix comes out) Meta Knight for Triple Deluxe release in May and maybe Wario for Mario Kart 8 release, or, since he will probably represent WarioWare instead of Mario things, he might just be shown at E3. I think instead E3 will focus on Pac-Man and Miis as newcomers and elaborations on modes, custom move sets, 3DS - Wii U connectivity and more.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wario at E3 - considering Nintendo's promise to focus on the gamepad for E3 I can kinda see a new Warioware being announced. One that doesn't suck this time, I hope.

Fully behind ice climbers, I'd love them this week. I absolutely suck with them, but they're always interesting to play off of.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wario at E3 - considering Nintendo's promise to focus on the gamepad for E3 I can kinda see a new Warioware being announced. One that doesn't suck this time, I hope.

Fully behind ice climbers, I'd love them this week. I absolutely suck with them, but they're always interesting to play off of.
A new WarioWare this E3? I'm not sure. It was...well I guess a year now that we've had "Game&Wario" which is a Wii U WarioWare. I'm not sure if they'd have another one that soon, but I don't follow WarioWare patterns or whatever so... I dunno, it's possible! But you really have put this idea in my head that they could announce a character along with a new game announcement. Though he usually is, and I believe he still will be, maybe they'll show Falco with a new Starfox game or something!
And yeah, my moneys on Ice Climbers at the end of the week. I don't play them very often but they're neat. I'd like to see how, if at all, they've been changed. Rosalina&Luma proves that they don't need to be separated but I wonder if they have some new moves or somethin.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
A new WarioWare this E3? I'm not sure. It was...well I guess a year now that we've had "Game&Wario" which is a Wii U WarioWare. I'm not sure if they'd have another one that soon, but I don't follow WarioWare patterns or whatever so... I dunno, it's possible! But you really have put this idea in my head that they could announce a character along with a new game announcement. Though he usually is, and I believe he still will be, maybe they'll show Falco with a new Starfox game or something!
And yeah, my moneys on Ice Climbers at the end of the week. I don't play them very often but they're neat. I'd like to see how, if at all, they've been changed. Rosalina&Luma proves that they don't need to be separated but I wonder if they have some new moves or somethin.
I have nothing to base my assumption off - just a feeling, considering the ease of developing a Warioware title and the urgency of more gamepad games. Starfox could work fantastically as one of those - imagine an open free roaming Starfox (heck, it'd work even in the constraints of level based play). Now imagine a TV with no HUD whatsoever, with your gamepad acting as both your steering wheel and cockpit. Motion control can handle the directionality of your ship, while your cockpit instruments can all be mapped to the gamepad screen to enhance the simulation. That would kick ass in my book.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have nothing to base my assumption off - just a feeling, considering the ease of developing a Warioware title and the urgency of more gamepad games. Starfox could work fantastically as one of those - imagine an open free roaming Starfox (heck, it'd work even in the constraints of level based play). Now imagine a TV with no HUD whatsoever, with your gamepad acting as both your steering wheel and cockpit. Motion control can handle the directionality of your ship, while your cockpit instruments can all be mapped to the gamepad screen to enhance the simulation. That would kick *** in my book.
Mhm! Whatever they announce, I can easily see Sakurai slithering after the announcement and while everyone's too caught up in their excitement, not thinking clearly, he announces a veteran that no one would have expected prior to the announcement. Sort of like what he did recently. I predicted Kalos Trainer for the Smash Direct and I shouldve realized who our newcomer would be when he said "characters that used to change forms no longer change" but I was too happy about For Glory mode, final destination (ALL final destinations XD), and numerous other things.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Alts for all characters would be cool, but as stated above, certain characters don't have a ton of alt potential. Though the fact that more than one character already have an alt costume makes me hopeful that there will be many more of them this time around.(Dr.Mario, Mr L., Dry Bowser, and Armored Mewtwo please.) As far as this week goes:
Monday: More info on small changes made to a character announced in the Direct(I'm thinking Charizard)
Tuesday: Final Destination version of a 3DS stage(Arena Ferox?)
Wednesday: Filler involving Yoshi
Thursday: Ice Climbers Revealed or Smash Run info or item info for something shown in the direct(Tanooki Suit)
Friday: Ice Climbers revealed(if not on Thursday) or a new stage
Those are my guesses.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Alts for all characters would be cool, but as stated above, certain characters don't have a ton of alt potential. Though the fact that more than one character already have an alt costume makes me hopeful that there will be many more of them this time around.(Dr.Mario, Mr L., Dry Bowser, and Armored Mewtwo please.) As far as this week goes:
Monday: More info on small changes made to a character announced in the Direct(I'm thinking Charizard)
Tuesday: Final Destination version of a 3DS stage(Arena Ferox?)
Wednesday: Filler involving Yoshi
Thursday: Ice Climbers Revealed or Smash Run info or item info for something shown in the direct(Tanooki Suit)
Friday: Ice Climbers revealed(if not on Thursday) or a new stage
Those are my guesses.
Windfall Island link
Skyward Sword Link
Fierce Diety Link
Shiny Greninja
Shiny Lucario
Ninten Ness
Other M zero suit samus
Super metroid Samus in power suit
James Mccloud for Fox
Lucina Marth
Skyward sword Zelda
Impa for sheik
Megaman- all the versions of megaman
Sonic- shadow
Metal sonic
Boxing gloves donkey kong
Trust me, there are plenty of alternate costumes with something as rich of a history as Nintendo

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm not worried about the Ice Climbers being cut, I'd be ok if they weren't revealed this week since there's still some hype from the Direct. I feel like next week would be a better time to have a surprise veteran reveal as hype levels will likely have dipped a bit by then. Maybe Ness/Lucas, since one of them will likely be in the starting roster.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Since I'm not worried about the Ice Climbers being cut, I'd be ok if they weren't revealed this week since there's still some hype from the Direct. I feel like next week would be a better time to have a surprise veteran reveal as hype levels will likely have dipped a bit by then. Maybe Ness/Lucas, since one of them will likely be in the starting roster.
Next week we could see Meta Knight around May 2, so maybe we will get just that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom