• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So each version will have different Pokemon/Assist Trophies? Neat.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Imagine if the reason Isaac wasn't shown in the Direct is because he's a 3DS exclusive. I mean, all of his games were on handheld consoles. Oh my gosh, I'm worrying myself!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Imagine if the reason Isaac wasn't shown in the Direct is because he's a 3DS exclusive. I mean, all of his games were on handheld consoles. Oh my gosh, I'm worrying myself!
Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be a Wii U assist trophy as well :troll:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
"Just roughly…?"

I wonder what will be the differences between the two versions.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
MORE CUTE ISABELLE YES

For a while I didn't think there would be any version-exclusive Assist Trophies, due to Assists like the Nintendog and Isabelle appearing on the Wii U version. Looks like we will get some version-exclusive Assists after all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Palutena leak basically confirmed. Isabelle doesn't have an outline while Diddy and Yoshi does.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Picture is filler, caption is not. Nice to hear that there will be some different AT's and pokemon between versions.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
a. It was a photoshop.
b. We've known Assists and Pokémon summons do not have an outline since the Direct.
Trying to keep off topic talk as minimal as possible, when was it proven to be a photoshop?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
a. It was a photoshop.
b. We've known Assists and Pokémon summons do not have an outline since the Direct.
Really? Where does it say that?

Yeah, it was confirmed in the Direct but this is a PotD update confirmation. A it of a difference in my book. Plus, Sakurai went out of his way to mention the Assist Trophies on the 3DS.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This does really help Palutena's chances when it comes to that leak.

Now we just play the waiting game.

The only problem is that there is still a small chance that someone had faked the leak, but the model is totally new, so it's a safe bet to say it's legit, and if it is, then Palutena is playable, no doubt on that. We just have to wait for Palutena's official confirmation.

EDIT: Wait, what?

Since when was it stated to be a photoshop?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wonder what Assist Trophies would be considered a Wii U and 3DS exclusive. I doubt it's a huge number but Sakurai's comment suggests there might be.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I was Always sure the Palutena leak was real anyways. However, it doesn't really matter as I am 100% sure she will be playable anyways. ^^ But still nice.

Anyways, I wonder if we will get big batches of pics like this often now? Either way, I still kinda prefer interesting Miiverse pics, as they Always explains stuff. :)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So do you guys think we'll get another character this month? :awesome: (please Falco:falcomelee:... please:falco:)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder what Assist Trophies would be considered a Wii U and 3DS exclusive. I doubt it's a huge number but Sakurai's comment suggests there might be.
Maybe 3rd party reps have version exclusive AT's, so that there's more than one like in Brawl. Aside from that, I don't know which of the confirmed AT's would be version exclusive.

D

Deleted member

No, somebody tried to debunk the leak with a photoshop.
No, the whole frigging thing is a photoshop.
The initial "leak" is a modified version of the clearer image, made especially obvious by specific details.

Trying to keep off topic talk as minimal as possible, when was it proven to be a photoshop?
When a clearer image was discovered today. I'll post the details below.

So yeah...apparently the Palutena leak was a fake.

It's being claimed that someone working on Project M made this image using a texture hacked Brawl Mario and Uprising's model for Palutena.
Figured I would respond to this here as opposed to the Character Discussion.
This honestly proves nothing. The Chrom fake looked better while blurry too, while the clear, "kosher" image of Chrom showed heavy signs of being fabricated (as if the one who made the image confessing wasn't enough).
Of course the clearer version of the Palutena image (disregarding changes to Mario's head; that can be attributed to the "leaker" putting a different head on Mario for the image that would be released) looks more like it's been fabricated; because it's clearer. Harder to hide it like in blurred images.
Look at the distortions around Palutena's staff in the clear image. Now look at the blurred one. They're still there.
And through more observations, look at the hand that's holding the staff.
In the clear image, how she's holding it is directly proportionate to the staff's thickness. In the blurred image, the staff other than the part she's grabbing on to is abnormally thicker. Which makes it obvious the blurred image was (crudely) touched up to seem more legitimate.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No, the whole frigging thing is a photoshop.
The initial "leak" is a modified version of the clearer image, made especially obvious by specific details.

When a clearer image was discovered today. I'll post the details below.
That looks like a fake trying to disprove it.
Mario's head is in a different position and it just looks like someone lazily replaced the staff with a different coloured, non outlined one.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, didn't that background not exist yet, until we saw it in one of Mac's 3DS pictures? And doesn't Pseudotena have details to match that one, unlike any other source so far.

Yeah...either that guy has ****ing foresight, or it's real.

D

Deleted member

That looks like a fake trying to disprove it.
Mario's head is in a different position and it just looks like someone lazily replaced the staff with a different coloured, non outlined one.
...You didn't read my second quote, did you?

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Back on topic everyone. This is the Miiverse thread, not the late Leak/Rumor thread.

This includes you too Venus. :smirk:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Real talk. I apologize for getting into the Palutena leak. This is not the thread for that and I broke the rules that was put into place on this thread. I didn't think ahead of the possible discussion it could cause. For that, I am sorry and should of thought out my posting further.

And running the risk of being seen as a huge hypocrite, extensive discussion on the Palutena leak and it legitimacy should be avoided in this thread. Sorry about that guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom