• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Oh, neato. Guess an Uprising AT is probably gonna be 3DS-exclusive.

Pokemon are obviously going to be completely random when it comes to who's going to be in what version, gives the two games even more variety.

Staarih

Smash Master
So would today's caption mean that we have version exclusive AT's and Pokémon, or that they're the same, but one version (3DS?) just doesn't have all of them? You'd think they'd take some space.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm not even exactly what he means by roughly. How big a difference are we talking here? Will Sakurai ever stop trolling?

Oh well, there's no time to ponder such questions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it means the total number of Assists and Poke Ball Pokemon will be very close. Whether or not most of them are the same ones is another story.

I think it means exclusives will happen regardless. But I can't tell anymore. The wording is just that odd.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I was hoping to see Mega Charizard or an explanation, but this is nice too. I wonder what differences there will be?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Warning Received
I was hoping AT were the same since I am taking this to mean the 3ds is going to have less AT, if it was going to have 3DS exclusive you think we seen them by now since it releases in summer.

Also this is why getting rid of the leak was a stupid idea, I read every post and even though I got criticized for my position on the leaked roster there was still no problems. mods said off topic but the roster that was being discussed was based on the LEAK which is on topic. I see no point in closing the thread other then making this board less interesting if that's the goal good job :p.

D

Deleted member

I was hoping AT were the same since I am taking this to mean the 3ds is going to have less AT, if it was going to have 3DS exclusive you think we seen them by now since it releases in summer.

Also this is why getting rid of the leak was a stupid idea, I read every post and even though I got criticized for my position on the leaked roster there was still no problems. mods said off topic but the roster that was being discussed was based on the LEAK which is on topic. I see no point in closing the thread other then making this board less interesting if that's the goal good job :p.
No, the thread was for discussing leaks, whether they were real or not, and the evidence to support or debunk them. It WASN'T a place for people to offer their opinions on a roster that we can't even tell is real. Plus, after the Direct and a while before it, it had hit a huge dry spell, and all discussions just circled back to a few big leaks, or just veered off topic entirely. Not exactly a good thing.

It was good that the mods took it out to the old family farm, since it was basically dead (not to mention somewhat dumb to begin with IMO), but let's stop dragging this thread off topic

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What bugs me is Sakurai's message.

While "Roughly the same type of assists" can clearly translate to "approximately the same type of assists", the "Just Roughly" at the end could also just describe the fact AT will be at 30 FPS?

Or am I that bad at translating things? We should see the japanese message.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What bugs me is Sakurai's message.

While "Roughly the same type of assists" can clearly translate to "approximately the same type of assists", the "Just Roughly" at the end could also just describe the fact AT will be at 30 FPS?

Or am I that bad at translating things? We should see the japanese message.
Here's the google translation; "One piece today. In 3DS version, Pokemon and assist figures will appear about the same kind. I, approximately."

I think he might mean the same guys will show up with a few exceptions. Which makes logical sense.

Here's the original; "きょうの一枚。 3DS版でも、アシストフィギュアやポケモンはおよそ同じ種類が出現します。 およそ、ね。"

I don't know if it's the same.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please don't talk about the Rumor and Leak Thread. There's a reason why it's gone so please don't being it up in here. @ soviet prince soviet prince , I advise you to drop talking about the Roster and Leak Thread.

Here's the google translation; "One piece today. In 3DS version, Pokemon and assist figures will appear about the same kind. I, approximately."

I think he might mean the same guys will show up with a few exceptions. Which makes logical sense.

Here's the original; "きょうの一枚。 3DS版でも、アシストフィギュアやポケモンはおよそ同じ種類が出現します。 およそ、ね。"

I don't know if it's the same.
Yeah, they are saying the same thing. Approximately is a good word to explain what he means.

"Approxately the same kind"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Considering we got a picture that features each of the new characters this week, I do sort of wonder if next week will have some 'new'-ish stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, they are saying the same thing. Approximately is a good word to explain what he means.

"Approxately the same kind"
I mean does the google translation match-up with the actual japanese text I put up?

I think it's better worded than the American update, but eh. That's just one odd translation regardless.

Poor wording aside, I think we can assume that there will be exclusives Pokemon/Assist Trophy-wise but that's it. Whether it's because the 3DS has less or because they have a few differences(much like the Pokemon games have exclusives choices) while keeping the same number total in each game.

Hard to say. Guess this one's vague enough to force waiting. I do find it neat that some exclusives like that'll likely exist, since the fanservice and differences make each game appealing.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the difference in items, music and assist trophies (and regular trophies, too) has to do with the limitations of memory in 3DS game cards. And in order to not make the Wii U version too superior, they split certain assets between the versions.

Also, it's easaier to just lift assets over from a 3DS game to 3DS Smash Bros. then creating new models or upgrading/downgrading them.

And I think the reason why they have the same character roster in both versions is because fans would go crazy if there were different rosters - playable characters are that important.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

We could always just start mass banning people. Would that be more constructive? The thread was closed because debates were just going around and around in one big circle, and the thread veered off topic so often the job of policing it was too much for only one or two substantial leaks even worth discussing.

Another thing not worth discussing is why we closed the R&L thread. We already warned everyone not to go into other threads complaining about the threads closure. Kind of meant what we said.

Last edited:

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Here are my predictions for pre-E3 PotD character reveals:

24th April - Ice Climbers. NES Remix 1+2 release in JP.
2nd May - Meta Knight. Kirby Triple Deluxe release in NA.
29th May - Wario. Mario Kart 8 release in JP.

These characters make sense to me as I see them as likely to be in any playable E3 build of the game (which there almost definitely will be).

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
We could always just start mass banning people. Would that be more constructive? The thread was closed because debates were just going around and around in one big circle, and the thread veered off topic so often the job of policing it was too much for only one or two substantial leaks even worth discussing.

Another thing not worth discussing is why we closed the R&L thread. We already warned everyone not to go into other threads complaining about the threads closure. Kind of meant what we said.
It is a real shame, as that thread was good for some time. But suddenly it just turned to hell, pretty much. :/
But I understand you guys closed it. For some reason, a lot of people have a very hard time staying on topic.

Ah, sorry, won't talk more about that.

Ahem. Next Week! I predict 3 "bad" Pics, and 2 with news. ^^

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
It is a real shame, as that thread was good for some time. But suddenly it just turned to hell, pretty much. :/
But I understand you guys closed it. For some reason, a lot of people have a very hard time staying on topic.

Ah, sorry, won't talk more about that.

Ahem. Next Week! I predict 3 "bad" Pics, and 2 with news. ^^

Agreed. I would however have liked to see it given a reboot and a final chance, rather than a permanent closure. I know for me it was the reason I finally joined the boards - the whole Smash 4 board just seems kind of flat now it's gone. A revival under somebody with the time to keep the OP completely up-to-date (and that's not a slight on the original poster at all - I understand they had time constraints) may have gone some way to preventing rehashing of conversations and helped to keep everything more on-topic. It's a shame in my book, but it was the admin's call.

Personally, I don't expect anything particularly inspiring to come out of the PoTD until at least mid-May at best - and more likely E3. However, I'm sincerely hoping I'm wrong.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So there will be a few exclusive assist trophies between both versions. Not too worried about it.

Please let Ashley be on the 3DS version too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So there will be a few exclusive assist trophies between both versions. Not too worried about it.

Please let Ashley be on the 3DS version too.
Aren't most WarioWare games(if not all) handheld? I think she will due to this. :grin:

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't know if this quote means that there'll be exclusive AT's considering we got trophies like Starfy and Nintendog on Wii U, both of which are handheld exclusive characters. my guess is that the Wii U will have slightly more AT's.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I read it as that the two versions would be having different assists and pokemon. Given the whole console/handheld motif that is mostly adhered to, perhaps the 3DS version will have more assists forming from handheld games and WiiU version having more assists from console games.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I guess I interpreted the (awkwardly worded) quote a little differently. I read the quote as more along the lines of some ATs will work slightly differently on each version. I guess the slightly different AT roster probably makes more sense, though, since if you're going to bother changing up how an AT works, you might as well add another character in to expand representation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aren't most WarioWare games(if not all) handheld? I think she will due to this. :grin:
Every Nintendo console since the Gamecube has had one and every handheld since the GBA except the 3DS has had two so it's almost even, actually. The original was on both the GBA and GCN, then came Twisted for the GBA, then came Touched for the DS, then Smooth Moves for the Wii, then DIY for the DS, and then Game and Wario for the Wii U last year.

Regarding the ATs and Pokemon, I figured this was going to be the case from the get-go. Aside from the roster (which I'm still mildly suspicious about), they're putting a lot of emphasis on both versions having different content so I can see them having different AT/Pokemon and they will probably have completely different unlockable ATs. I also imagine that the two can be transferred between each other once both games are out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Every Nintendo console since the Gamecube has had one and every handheld since the GBA except the 3DS has had two so it's almost even, actually. The original was on both the GBA and GCN, then came Twisted for the GBA, then came Touched for the DS, then Smooth Moves for the Wii, then DIY for the DS, and then Game and Wario for the Wii U last year.

Regarding the ATs and Pokemon, I figured this was going to be the case from the get-go. Aside from the roster (which I'm still mildly suspicious about), they're putting a lot of emphasis on both versions having different content so I can see them having different AT/Pokemon and they will probably have completely different unlockable ATs. I also imagine that the two can be transferred between each other once both games are out.
Ah. Okay. Thanks. I can see her on both.

And yeah, I really just don't know how it'll work. Remember how Latias/Latios and Kat & Ana are pretty much identical? Say the Pokemon are on the 3DS and the girls on Wii U. That's what he could mean by "types" as is. It's hard to say. I expected this kind of exclusive stuff, but how it'll work is clearly vague. I'm glad to know it'll be somewhere around that.

I guess I interpreted the (awkwardly worded) quote a little differently. I read the quote as more along the lines of some ATs will work slightly differently on each version. I guess the slightly different AT roster probably makes more sense, though, since if you're going to bother changing up how an AT works, you might as well add another character in to expand representation.
This is highly possible and would be great. Imagine Waluigi taking out his Piranha Plant in the Wii U version and doing fireball attacks instead of stomping, still moving around. That's just one example.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
This would be a nice way to reference a few franchises with notable portable representation.

Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man....they all have portable spinoffs with quirky one shot characters that could be fun to use.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm 100% sure the Nintendog AT is Wii U exclusive.
Even though Nintendogs is basically as handheld as it gan get?

I'm one of those who think the Wii U will end up having a bit more AT's and Pokémon than the 3DS, but otherwise they'll be the same.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There is some merit to the Nintendog being on the 3DS though. It could obscure only the opponents' screens, and not its summoners, making it more useful on the 3DS. And come on, 3D puppy.
That would actually be pretty neat. There really are some useful neat things you could do with the 3DS version. :)

Also, there should be a Blooper item, or similar, that sprays the screen of your foes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I seem to get hyped everytime we get new smash run pics now. And now that you mentioned it...the 3DS graphics are looking nice! Im glad we got alot of 3Ds gameplay footage in the direct. Really smooth looking.
Although this is very late, I'd love to see someone comepare the early pics to these new ones.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just posted this in a couple of other threads, but I guess it's kind of like a PotD... on a Saturday! It's from the official FB page.

Caption: 'Wireframe Mac is a variation on regular Little Mac. When you choose your fighter, you can pick Wireframe Mac instead of Little Mac, just like you can select between the male or female Wii Fit Trainer.'

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 11.11.39 am.png

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Even though Nintendogs is basically as handheld as it gan get?

I'm one of those who think the Wii U will end up having a bit more AT's and Pokémon than the 3DS, but otherwise they'll be the same.
That would actually be pretty neat. There really are some useful neat things you could do with the 3DS version. :)

Also, there should be a Blooper item, or similar, that sprays the screen of your foes.
I think they were referring to the fact that Nintendogs already appear on a 3DS stage.

Although the assist version is a different breed of dog.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It'll be interesting to see if Peach gets her Sunshine dress as an alternate outfit.
I hope so, white umbrella and all... and she uses Toadsworth as her standard B.

Hawaiian shirt Mario w/ glasses would be cool too (especially when using F.L.U.D.D), alongside Dr. Mario of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom