• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Fixed. Following the Brawl Dojo was one of the best experiences I've ever had, I always checked with excitement and there was almost always something to quench my thirst for information, I always got what I wanted with the Brawl Dojo, and that's what made it so great, it didn't play hard to get, it was 100% dedicated to the fans and the hyping of the game.

I want to know if Ridley and Professor Layton are in the game, as long as that happens, I don't care for anything else, I HATE SURPRISES, especially bad surprises. Sakurai should try to make every single PoTD please the fanbase, because...why even have them in the first place?
This may come as a surprise to you, but no one is you. Every pic of the day is going to have controversy, so he can't "please the fan base" as you say. Even though I'm not a pikachu main I could enjoy the update, also Professor Layton is most likely not going to be in. I could be wrong, and that's the beauty of not knowing. Besides, do you know how much Sakurai does for us? First he gives us new information about the game about every 1-3 days. Depends on the week, also instead of concentrating on dojo, they are working on something that actually matters, the game. If Sakurai did not have to update dojo, he probably could have added more characters or improved some aspect of the game. I don't know about you, but I would rather have more characters, stages, items, and a more polished product instead of a dojo. Also do you not know how much pain Sakurai goes through? He has severe tendinitis in both arms. I have only a juvenile version but sometimes the pain gets so bad, even twitching my wrist would cause me a tremendous amount of pain. Now imagine that, 10 times worse, all the time. How much he has to move to type, even take the pic of the day. He is doing the best he can, and trust me, dealing with tendinitis is terrible. So just relax. Take a deep breath and take nothing for granted

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Fixed. Following the Brawl Dojo was one of the best experiences I've ever had, I always checked with excitement and there was almost always something to quench my thirst for information, I always got what I wanted with the Brawl Dojo, and that's what made it so great, it didn't play hard to get, it was 100% dedicated to the fans and the hyping of the game.

I want to know if Ridley and Professor Layton are in the game, as long as that happens, I don't care for anything else, I HATE SURPRISES, especially bad surprises. Sakurai should try to make every single PoTD please the fanbase, because...why even have them in the first place?
I'll agree with @ Lozjam Lozjam here, I actually disliked the Dojo. I liked the in-depth details on the characters and game info, yes, but I hated that nearly all the cool surprises of the game got revealed before it came out. It felt like I knew everything before I ever played it, plus the unlockable characters were all ones I had seen before (R.O.B. and Wolf aside), so it was really disappointing. Made the game feel lackluster.

I'm not saying everything should be hidden. You gotta whet the appetite, but leave something for dessert too. I want to play the game and be amazed at the content and get the feeling that there's always something new to discover. It keeps me playing.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hmmm.... its been a while since the last character. I'm pretty sure that we won't be getting one until a direct though. There are only 3 slots left on the website. (not to say that means any thing. but it could) I'd say that there could be 3 more characters before E3. or three more characters to be revealed before release(if the game is released during the summer) That seems reasonable. It seems like a starting roster could be about 25 characters.

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I can understand the dojo getting some blame for spoiling us, but save for those in Japan, we would have known all about Brawl well before we got the game. I don't think I would have been able to avoid spoilers any more if there had been no Dojo. and really, how many of us in the West actually learned the full roster from it?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'll agree with @ Lozjam Lozjam here, I actually disliked the Dojo. I liked the in-depth details on the characters and game info, yes, but I hated that nearly all the cool surprises of the game got revealed before it came out. It felt like I knew everything before I ever played it, plus the unlockable characters were all ones I had seen before (R.O.B. and Wolf aside), so it was really disappointing. Made the game feel lackluster.

I'm not saying everything should be hidden. You gotta whet the appetite, but leave something for dessert too. I want to play the game and be amazed at the content and get the feeling that there's always something new to discover. It keeps me playing.
People should just stop bothering with D-idara. Seeing their posts always makes me do a double take to make sure I'm not on GFaqs.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmmm.... its been a while since the last character. I'm pretty sure that we won't be getting one until a direct though. There are only 3 slots left on the website. (not to say that means any thing. but it could) I'd say that there could be 3 more characters before E3. or three more characters to be revealed before release(if the game is released during the summer) That seems reasonable. It seems like a starting roster could be about 25 characters.
I'm pretty sure that means literally nothing.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm pretty sure that means literally nothing.
Sure it could mean literally nothing. But when theres nothing to speculate. You find that you can speculate.... well... literally nothing...

I mean it seems like the game is going to be released in the summer. Since we didn't get a character last month I'd say that most of the starting roster has been revealed. It seems to me that the 3 characters could be ZSS Sheik and a 3rd party. or ZSS/Sheik, Pac-man, and Snake. maybe. just speculating stuff.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Sweet! First Link and now Pikachu now has a meteor smash :)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sure it could mean literally nothing. But when theres nothing to speculate. You find that you can speculate.... well... literally nothing...

I mean it seems like the game is going to be released in the summer. Since we didn't get a character last month I'd say that most of the starting roster has been revealed. It seems to me that the 3 characters could be ZSS Sheik and a 3rd party. or ZSS/Sheik, Pac-man, and Snake. maybe. just speculating stuff.
No way. We need Wario, Captain Falcon and Ness.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Fairly sure those "slots" on the bottom are just placeholders to even out the look of the side scrolling roster.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No way. We need Wario, Captain Falcon and Ness.
Yup. I want to see a falcon punch in all its HD glory.
Fairly sure those "slots" on the bottom are just placeholders to even out the look of the sides rolling roster.
If they didn't plan on putting characters in those slots eventually then why do they have 9 per page? I think that they put 9 on each slide for a reason. But then again the mobile site has 4 or 5 I think.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Ok, why do people assume that since there are empty spaces on the Official Website, that automatically decrees that that many characters are left/going to be unveiled? There just there because sometimes squares and rectangles dont manage to line up perfectly....

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Yup. I want to see a falcon punch in all its HD glory.

If they didn't plan on putting characters in those slots eventually then why do they have 9 per page? I think that they put 9 on each slide for a reason. But then again the mobile site has 4 or 5 I think.
When a row of slots is filled, a new row is created. It has happened before.

Anyways, I'm predicting something cool that is not a character tonight.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Ok, why do people assume that since there are empty spaces on the Official Website, that automatically decrees that that many characters are left/going to be unveiled? There just there because sometimes squares and rectangles dont manage to line up perfectly....
I'm not saying that they wont' make a new row. Of course they'll make a new one if they keep revealing characters. but when they're done they won't have two or three gray squares dangling at the end thats sloppy. They're going to stop when the rows are filled. I also don't think we are getting only 27 characters. They'll add more post release probably. I'd imagine that they would fill it up before release though then after they'd add secret characters as they please.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx

I second this. We will get our new character soon enough. Probably in a direct soon. And it will be awesome, like every other one. People may not agree with all the character choices thus far, but the presentation of these characters has been fantastic.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm not saying that they wont' make a new row. Of course they'll make a new one if they keep revealing characters. but when they're done they won't have two or three gray squares dangling at the end thats sloppy. They're going to stop when the rows are filled. I also don't think we are getting only 27 characters. They'll add more post release probably. I'd imagine that they would fill it up before release though then after they'd add secret characters as they please.
Or they could rearrange the blocks. Yknow, if it bothers anyone....

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If we were to get a veteran today, maybe the direct can come within 1-2 weeks! But I'm expecting a filler or another item or move from a character already in. Mayyyyybe an assist?

So abusing your fans will always be OK because they'll buy the game anyways? Are you EA's marketing manager or something?

And yes, get this through your hard, competitive skulls, CHARACTERS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF SMASH, and skipping a major release date SHOULD BE FROWNED UPON. Sakurai skipped like three on March, that's absolutely and positively unnacceptable, if he reveals a character tomorrow or if there's a Direct soon, then he'll be forgiven, but if he keeps this going without characters, just boring Zelda items and move tweaks, then the hype wears off slowly, we either need:

A.- A CHARACTER NOW, RIGHT NOW! INMEDIATELY!
B.- A long-overdue stage like Gateway Colosseum or Bowser's Castle.

I don't care about gameplay mechanics right now, I'll care about the mechanics when I actually get to playing the game, now I want content, things to get excited about, representation, stages, trophies, MUSIC. And I'm really surprised by the fact that no Melee fantards overthought Sakurai's "But you can dodge" statement and assumed there was not hitstun. I'm ****ing sick of these gameplay updates, he can continue doing them AFTER he reveals a new character, just reveal some random character out of the blue without any major significance, it doesn't matter, SOMETHING to get people a little hyped!
I don't remember Sakurai abusing anyone. It's a picture, dude.

And yeah, you're right, characters are important. Which is why he is going into detail about one of them. Soooo--why are you complaining again?

And I am one of those Melee fantars, and you should know that you don't have to be a Melee player to understand that hitstun canceling in Brawl was pure garbage, so forgive me for wanting the time I invest in the game to be justified.

What you said about finding out gameplay mechanics later can be applied to anything. Some people would rather figure out stages and listen to music later so to each their own. The game is coming out this year, so that's hype enough for you. I understand that these updates can be the highlight of your evening but you don't have to be so high strung about the content. Calm down the tude, bro.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
And I am one of those Melee fantars, and you should know that you don't have to be a Melee player to understand that hitstun canceling in Brawl was pure garbage, so forgive me for wanting the time I invest in the game to be justified.
Wait, Hit stun cancelling is back?
That would easily be the worst news for sm4sh yet.

Wait, Hit stun cancelling is back?
That would easily be the worst news for sm4sh yet.
No it isn't, I was just saying it was bad. Some people speculate that it is based on what Sakurai said in the pic, but that's a ridiculous conclusion to jump too.

Yeah, hitstun canceling would be very bad. I'm sure it's not going to return , though.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
How ironic would it be if Smash 4's hitstun ends up worse than Brawl's lmao

I'm sure the hitstun will be entirely different from Brawl...just as Brawl's was obviously different from Melee, and how Melee's histun was different from 64's.

As far as glitching out of hitstun with a dodge...well let's just hope the playtesters can sniff it out with this installment.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Wario reference on @Midnight!

And because I have it on good authority that Sakurai watches the same American television that I do, he's gonna ammend whatever planned update he had for today in favor of a Wario reveal!

Or you know, whatever.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The thing about character reveals that is so great, is not only the character reveal itself, but also the fact that it's like 11 PotD days in one.
So I can't blame people for saying this is a "drought", especially when other than character Newcomers, we haven't really seen the game in action. (Newcomers even provide videos of the gameplay, so that's like a 100 times better than veteran reveals).

Strangely, this last pic was pretty amusing to me. I actually like the fact that the cloud deals meteor damage.

Dairz

Smash Ace
The thing about character reveals that is so great, is not only the character reveal itself, but also the fact that it's like 11 PotD days in one.
So I can't blame people for saying this is a "drought", especially when other than character Newcomers, we haven't really seen the game in action. (Newcomers even provide videos of the gameplay, so that's like a 100 times better than veteran reveals).

Strangely, this last pic was pretty amusing to me. I actually like the fact that the cloud deals meteor damage.
Too bad the pics on the character pages are pretty much the equivalent of filler.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

You understand that you're being selfish and inconsiderate, and you're not entitled to anything, right?

It's impossible to please everyone. Everyone has an idea of perfection, and it contradicts another's opinion. Unless you are planning to convert the entire world, you'll be disappointed.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Not really, sometimes you can sort out almost half the moveset from all of those pics.
Filler could be the AFTER-veteran reveal pics.
Sure, sometimes. The majority of vet pages are filler with one or two pictures being a move. (Luigi and Sonic have notably filler-like pages)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You understand that you're being selfish and inconsiderate, and you're not entitled to anything, right?

It's impossible to please everyone. Everyone has an idea of perfection, and it contradicts another's opinion. Unless you are planning to convert the entire world, you'll be disappointed.
That's enough responding to that, methinks. Anymore disputes should be taken to PMs.

-

So for tonight I'm thinking Pyrosphere.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Pretty sure today's update set the record for the most consecutive pics without a character reveal.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So for tonight I'm thinking Pyrosphere.
We haven't seen it in a while, actually. Could be an excellent guess.

I'm still thinking there'll be a vet. I've said it every friday for weeks, I'll have to be right at least once.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Have we beaten the drought between Peach and Marth yet?
I think we'll set a new record if there's no reveal tomorrow.
Where's @ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ? I think he knows.
We honestly need an official counter for this...

1. Diddy to ???- 41 days (so far)
2. Marth to Rosalina- 40 days
3. Sonic to Marth- 37 days
4. Luigi to Peach- 35 days

andimidna

Smash Master

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The large number of days without a character must mean the next one should be promising, though with Final Smashes being shown from time to time now, I don't mind waiting longer than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom