• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Come on Sakurai. Please give us something to get exciting about. Maybe some 1P info? Adventure mode screen? A boss battle? Something to spark us up!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
we need something, even a veteran would be awesome at this point, or an assist trophy.

something that tells me whos playable and who isnt this time around, i cant speculate anymore with the given info!!!

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Any news so far? Or are we still waiting on that PotD?

Saw the last one. I never turn my nose up at Pikachu. It's so cute...

D

Deleted member

It's going to be Metal Mario, guys.

....it's going to be Metal Mario.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm just gonna leave this here as a reminder to myself and for anyone else who's curious. Here are the remaining veterans we have yet to see from:
SSB64::falcon::jigglypuff::ness2::yoshi2:
SSBM::falco::ganondorf::popo::gw::sheik: (I guess :mewtwopm: as well)
SSBB::ike::lucas::metaknight::pt::rob::snake::wario::zerosuitsamus::wolf:

So if we get a veteran any time soon there's what's left to look forward to.

Edit: "What the heck?!" How on Earth did I miss putting Wolf on there!? Anyways, he's there now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario is going to be so metal you can practically see in the reflection Lakitu whos on the other side of the stage filming the fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

As Mario's alternate costume. :awesome:
Oh, no. He'll very much be a character.
In fact, he's the reason Dr. Mario will never come back; he takes Doc's properties (sans pills) and builds upon them.

I'd actually like Metal Mario as a separate semi-clone (with a unique side B and Final Smash)) character...but only if it's the one from SSB64.
----
....by which you mean the same one that's been established as an individual in the Mario franchise, right?
Or do you mean literally the one from Smash 64, model and all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Complete with 64-bit graphics?
Yep! In its polygonal glory. Complete with the " CHWHOOM CHWHOOM" walking effect.

He/it would have Mario's old moves from SSB4 as well, like the forward smash with the fist and the forward air drill kick.
Cloned moves would some changed properties, too. Like Metal Tornado reflecting projectiles during the final frames of the attack.

And that unique series symbol from SSB64.
z9.png

Just as long as "Mia Mamma!" is put in somewhere.
Dunno. Metal Mario seems more intimidating being silent.

The Shadow Mario/Cosmic Mario voice in Mario Kart was dumb.

----

Last edited:

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Because I love you. You need to listen to the truth.

Now let's see Shulk be revealed in the next Direct just to mess with me. D:
Hey, I mean, if it's just to mess with you, I'd be down for that.

Joking, of course. At least Shulk's more likely to be revealed tonight than King K. Rool though. :smirk:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I think Metal Mario being a palette swap or sub-boss again would be a great throwback to Smash 64. But with the added Mia Momma! as mentioned above.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hey, I mean, if it's just to mess with you, I'd be down for that.

Joking, of course. At least Shulk's more likely to be revealed tonight than King K. Rool though. :smirk:
That's ok, I understand, it's fun to mess with people. :p

But nah, I doubt the'll ever show Newcomers this way. But it will certanly be a veteran! Preferably a knee, or a few Pkmn.

D

Deleted member

Guys, its obvious we're gonna get a stage where we fight on a trophy of Miyamoto!

"Some of his creative talents appear to be fighting in his mind..."

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
That feeling when the clock strikes *insert time that your pic normally uploads* and you keep pressing F5 expecting it to show up.

Repeat this for an hour.

I just really hope we're not reliving Tomtachi Collection and it's two hour late pic. >_>

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Almost 200 viewing this thread! I hope this potd is good!

Edit: yes my name is captain obvious.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's just Mario with metal effects. Not the Metal Mario. :troll:

Please let there be something good tonight.

----
What's the troll face for? You're correct. Metal Mario refers to two entities, a powered up form of Mario after he dons a Metal cap and there is also the seperate character Metal Mario who has appeared several Mario spinoffs and as a boss in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
We could have Mario, Dr. Mario, Metal Mario, Shadow Mario, Baby Mario and Mega Mario. Alternatively we could have Dr. Mega Shadow Metal Baby Mario.

On a more serious note, if the pic is late like by an hour or so then all hype is lost. Pretty sure every really late picture has been something underwhelming -remembers that terrible day where there was 10+ pages worth of comments all because the picture was late-

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Late pic.

I smell...something that will likely not be a character and therefore lead to disappointment. Late pics are SOMETIMES veterans, but it's not uncommon for them to be stage reveals or something rather insignificant for it's lateness. Not uncommon at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom