• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Speculating is what is best done around here. In regards to the characters it would be definitely nice to see someone. I mean at this point I think most people would take someone who is already expected just to fresh things up a bit.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hum...

the thing is, before December, did you notice that we got alot more filler than December? I found that so weird why would you wait to December? like even months after that filler didn't increased and now we see almost every day something useful. My theory would be that the game would have reached an important stage in the development which would explain the lack of info and veteran ending drought but this is pure speculation.
I get what you're saying and I've made mention of this too given how March was 19 for 21 in new updates but, as you suggest, there's nothing concrete that says this won't end with a veteran. God, all this talk is making me thirsty and I'm someone who endured the half year droughts Brawl had...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Personally, I'm not expecting a character tomorrow. I feel like we'll see something about a stage tomorrow.

I'm actually hoping for a new Wii U stage soon.
I'm with you. I'd much rather see a brand new stage than a character I pretty much have no doubt is getting in anyway. I mean MAYBE an Ike, Lucas, or Wolf reveal would be cool just because people seem to doubt them more than others, but still. Brand new new info would be best.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm surprised no ones mentioned how skyward sword zelda doesn't particularly look like you know..a princess, which Is a big issue since that's the role she's known for after all.
She isn't a princess in that game though...but she is the reincarnation of Hylia

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speculating is what is best done around here. In regards to the characters it would be definitely nice to see someone. I mean at this point I think most people would take someone who is already expected just to fresh things up a bit.
This. Everybody gets stir crazy when there's long gaps and it ends up consuming conversations. March was almost entirely new but hardly anyone cares because of the absence of characters in the month. It just dulls conversations because when something new is shown people will simply say "well, that's nice, now where's the next character" which kinda isn't fair because, you have to admit, we've been shown a lot of really cool stuff in the past couple of weeks.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This. Everybody gets stir crazy when there's long gaps and it ends up consuming conversations. March was almost entirely new but hardly anyone cares because of the absence of characters in the month. It just dulls conversations because when something new is shown people will simply say "well, that's nice, now where's the next character" which kinda isn't fair because, you have to admit, we've been shown a lot of really cool stuff in the past couple of weeks.
What upsets me about that is that realistically, a veteran reveal will only generate about a day or two more discussion than the types of posts we've been getting. It'll be comments about how they look good in HD, how it sucks that they weren't changed from Brawl, how it's cool that they WERE changed from Brawl, and... then that's about it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What upsets me about that is that realistically, a veteran reveal will only generate about a day or two more discussion than the types of posts we've been getting. It'll be comments about how they look good in HD, how it sucks that they weren't changed from Brawl, how it's cool that they WERE changed from Brawl, and... then that's about it.
this is why I'm hoping for ridley because no matter what happen with him, I think it's obvious to say that it will be a totally different story (mix of huge excitement and madness/don't care).

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
this is why I'm hoping for ridley because no matter what happen with him, I think it's obvious to say that it will be a totally different story (mix of huge excitement and madness/don't care).
Well any newcomer would be pretty good for discussion fodder. I mean Little Mac lasted for a while, especially with speculation about how exactly his meter worked.

I really only talking about vet reveals.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well any newcomer would be pretty good for discussion fodder. I mean Little Mac lasted for a while, especially with speculation about how exactly his meter worked.

if you consider mewtwo as a vet then I think it would last for a week but again you're pretty much right

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Not to mention about doc Louis could be a codec for him

If it was ridley revealed the discussion will never end til release (if revealed before release I'm sure if he was not revealed before release he's probably unlockable)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not to mention about doc Louis could be a codec for him

If it was ridley revealed the discussion will never end til release (if revealed before release I'm sure if he was not revealed before release he's probably unlockable)
What I find ironic about Ridley is that depending on how nasty it gets, discussion might be forced to stop haha. But, if he is shown to be pretty unique as a fighter, that'll persist for a good while.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Though I think I smell a character reveal tomorrow. My body senses it

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think a character reveal is more likely for tonight's PotD, than for Friday's.

Friday has had more reveals than Thursday historically, but the VC release being today makes me optimistic.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The futility of forum discussion.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
To go with the Poltergeist and the Wind Bellows, tonights picture shall be Kirby sucking King Dedede off of that Windy Hills stage or whatever it was and the caption shall mention Kirbyciding and how it sucks/blows to be ko'ed in that manner.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh no... My gut is telling me tomorrow is going to be a throwaway/joke pic. Sakurai has been having such a good streak of substantial and decent pics going that it's gonna hurt when it breaks.

Or we could get a character tomorrow to enhance the streak.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh no... My gut is telling me tomorrow is going to be a throwaway/joke pic. Sakurai has been having such a good streak of substantial and decent pics going that it's gonna hurt when it breaks.

Or we could get a character tomorrow to enhance the streak.
Have I ever told you how cute your avatar is? It's adorable even though you are a man I thought you should know that. But yeah character reveal, but I love all of this excellent information too. Props to the Sak-Man

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We've been getting some really awesome pics lately. I don't think it will stop seeing as there's so much content and the game is out this year. I like this slow trickle of info compared to knowing everything in one day. Keeps me hanging on. Bi-monthly characters was almost too much. I'm happy with monthly or a little over.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Naysayer/Toobigot tears, delicious.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
It's been a little while since we got a change or move explanation for a veteran character. That's what I'm expecting. Though I will certainly take anything better. As far as March goes, I personally couldn't care less whether we got a character or not, as long as the new info stream keeps going as is. As much as it would be cool to see Yoshi or Wario or whomever, I'm expecting them. I'd much rather be surprised by something I didn't see coming, like a new item or assist. The Cucco(spelling?) and Luigi's Poltergust made the whole month worth it for me. The obvious veterans will come eventually. I can wait.

Edit: Though I realize not every-one shares that mindset. Characters make or break the game for a lot of fans, and the sooner they know who is in, the better it is for them. People like me will buy the game regardless.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I too will buy the game regardless, and we have been getting a very nice amount of new info, especially in March. We just never got that character reveal, and that frankly pissed people off. I was a little irritated, but it's whatever. Characters are surely the big factors to a game like Smash, so having a drought of character reveals would be rather upsetting for some people, and I can sympathize. However, we got a great month in the form of March, regardless of a reveal.

Should this mean we should continue to have these long droughts? No. The game is getting closer to the finish, so these next few months are critical in getting in as much info about the game as possible. Why we didn't get a March reveal, I don't know, but whatever.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping there'd be a direct announced for tomorrow with all the rumors about one coming. That said, I'm not expecting a character until we get a direct (unless the April direct ends up being really late in the month). I'd like to see a move update for a vet tomorrow personally.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Why we didn't get a March reveal, I don't know, but whatever.
Nintendo may have asked Sakurai to slow down the character reveals.

Maybe Nintendo's marketing people would rather have a deluge of character reveals in the month before the game releases. In order to do that, as well as reveal a bunch at E3, they might have told Sakurai to significantly slow the pace.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Maybe Nintendo's marketing people would rather have a deluge of character reveals in the month before the game releases. In order to do that, as well as reveal a bunch at E3, they might have told Sakurai to significantly slow the pace.
You're giving Nintendo way too much credit with that idea. Seriously.

He just decided to showcase a bunch of other stuff he never had the chance to focus on before. That's all. It's not that big a deal to where it needs a bunch of pointless speculation.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman

Would it not be Sakurai who chooses who and when to release characters? I'm sure Sakurai knows what he's doing when it comes to releasing information about HIS game (bar Gamefreak of course).

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm curious, how often were characters revealed during the Dojo days?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, if we don't get anything tonight, at least we have Mario Kart 8 news to look forward too. I wonder if Sakurai will try and steal it's thunder...

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think Nintendo would have Sakurai on a leash. He's probably fine with doing whatever he wants.
I'm sure Sakurai and Nintendo have a good relationship, but they might have just asks him nicely, as a favor or something.

You're giving Nintendo way too much credit with that idea. Seriously.

He just decided to showcase a bunch of other stuff he never had the chance to focus on before. That's all. It's not that big a deal to where it needs a bunch of pointless speculation.
Right now it's not too big of a deal, but what if a month from now there still hasn't been a character reveal?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Right now it's not too big of a deal, but what if a month from now there still hasn't been a character reveal?
Then there simply hasn't been a character reveal. That's it.

You're reaching too far with this. Focus on the present and just enjoy what we've got. We'll get a reveal when we get one.

Everyone here is going to get the game in some form when it comes out and we'll all find out who is in the game when we play it anyway, so it happening sooner or later is really no big deal.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, if we don't get anything tonight, at least we have Mario Kart 8 news to look forward too. I wonder if Sakurai will try and steal it's thunder...
I highly doubt it will be "big Mario Kart 8 news" since Mario Kart never has big news.

This is either Smash, Zelda, canon Mario, Pokémon, or some secret gigantic announcement (like Retro Studios related or a new big IP).

Also, I've said this for weeks (and to an extent since February), but I felt either last week, this week, or next week we'd get a newcomer reveal (or Snake, Mewtwo, or Roy). This appears to possibly be that moment.

The Dojo update tonight will tell the tale.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I highly doubt it will be "big Mario Kart 8 news" since Mario Kart never has big news.

This is either Smash, Zelda, canon Mario, Pokémon, or some secret gigantic announcement (like Retro Studios related or a new big IP).

Also, I've said this for weeks (and to an extent since February), but I felt either last week, this week, or next week we'd get a newcomer reveal (or Snake, Mewtwo, or Roy). This appears to possibly be that moment.

The Dojo update tonight will tell the tale.
It's already confirmed that its Mario Kart news.

Something's off though.

Why would Nintendo allow MK8 news to be released at this time of night?

Wait...

Japan... Forgot about that...

Still, no direct?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Eh, I've lost my hype... I'm not even sure a veteran could bring it back. Maybe I should watch the trailers again haha
What would be nice to see is a revamped veteran, gorgeous stage, or more story mode/1-player mode details. But I appreciate everything we get! I want to stay hopeful for a July/August release.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
No new game in 4 years = dead? And hes appearing in Smash, which could lead to Capcom doing more Mega Man stuff.
Buddy, Smash is Mega Man's final stand. Let's face the facts here, Mega Man the character himself has been neglected and mistreated by his own company, not getting into Marvel vs Capcom 3 before his two friends and then ultimately being used as an alt for Zero, and then the monstrosity we got in Street Fighter x Tekken.

With Mighty No. 1, Mega Man is as good as dead. And Nintendo is doing a good job of making what may be his final appearance as a playable character in a game. A way better job than Capcom has been doing. I'd honestly be super shocked if I saw Capcom actually use Mega Man in any of their crossover games and possibly get a heart attack if he gets his own title again.

</end rant>

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's already confirmed that its Mario Kart news.
Just Mario Kart=??? I mean there's a difference between primarily Mario Kart and just Mario Kart.

Also, got a source=???
Something's off though.
Yeah... Metroid Fusion comes out on the WiiU Virtual Console today... :troll:
Why would Nintendo allow MK8 news to be released at this time of night?

Wait...

Japan... Forgot about that...
Yep, their most important audience: Everybody but Japan.
Still, no direct?
Iunno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom