• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
More like Sakurai doesn't like to create sequels from what I heard.
Huh, I guess that's true too, never noticed, but it seems that the only sequels he has ever created are in fact the Smash Bros games. Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3 were made by some other guy, the only Kirby games Sakurai made were Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Star, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby's Air Ride, none of which are sequels. He also helped somewhat on Amazing Mirror, but didn't lead the project, which again isn't a sequel. Other than that there are of course Meteos and Uprising, where neither has or will get a sequel made by him.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Starfox, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, no Pokemon item outside of the Pokeball if such a thing could exist, Donkey Kong, WarioWare if there can even be items from that game series (never played a WarioWare game in my life) Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, Ice Climber if anyone actually cares about the vegetables, Mother, no 3rd party items, Mario and no new original smash items though, I don't think we need any more Mario or original smash items.

However I do see your point that Sakurai has shown at least some new items from other series. Again, I like these Zelda items that we are getting but it would have been nice if he held off showing some of them and showed us a new item from another franchise, give us some diversity.
Starfox has the SmartBomb. PokéBalls are certanly enough Items for the franchise. ^^ DK has the Hammer. Yoshi, well, many Mario items kinda fits him as well.
Kirby has the Star Rob, Warp Star, Maxime Tomatoe, and Dragoon. Metroid has the Screw Attack, and EarthBound has the Franklin Badge. ^^
Some of these franchises could use more items, but most franchises has at least ONE item, so in that way, it's all good. For now.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Starfox has the SmartBomb. PokéBalls are certanly enough Items for the franchise. ^^ DK has the Hammer. Yoshi, well, many Mario items kinda fits him as well.
Kirby has the Star Rob, Warp Star, Maxime Tomatoe, and Dragoon. Metroid has the Screw Attack, and EarthBound has the Franklin Badge. ^^
Some of these franchises could use more items, but most franchises has at least ONE item, so in that way, it's all good. For now.
Yet those are all existing items, Zelda has had what, a new item or two every game? While series like Mother and Starfox are left with very few and Fire Emblem, F-Zero and all of the 3rd party series have nothing. That being said, new items just for new items sake isn't a smart wish. If we are to get new items from any series the item should contribute to the chaos of Smash, which hurts series that don't have a lot to work with.

When I was listing off series I was just listing the ones that lack new items in Smash 4. Kirby has a good amount and might not need more and with game series like Starfox and F-Zero I honestly can't think of much in the way of new items.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I thought Zelda was unsuitable for combat before Melee too, but we see how that turned out. A character's outward appearance doesn't take away from their ability to fight. I do think most would prefer Zelda in a her traditional princess dress since it's most recognizable though.
i guess Peach is too much of an air head to fight anything.
I guess Rosalina is too quiet to fight anything.
I guess Villager is too peaceful to fight anything.
:troll:
Can you really still make this kind of argument after the likes of Villager made it in?
The difference here is that we've already had a version of Zelda that is suitable for combat- in OoT, she was on the battlefield (not necessarily fighting, but still present) and the one to seal Ganon along with the rest of the sages and in TP, she was fought herself before joining Link on horseback to fire shots at Ganondorf. SS Zelda was your friend and she seals herself in slumber. There is no combat at all- she doesn't even seal Demise- Link does using the Master Sword. I'm not saying Zelda doesn't deserve to be in Smash, because we all know she does. I'm saying that VERSION of Zelda, where she doesn't fight, and it's out of her character, shouldn't be there. I'm glad they kept the TP model, which is my OPINION.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yet those are all existing items, Zelda has had what, a new item or two every game? While series like Mother and Starfox are left with very few and Fire Emblem, F-Zero and all of the 3rd party series have nothing. That being said, new items just for new items sake isn't a smart wish. If we are to get new items from any series the item should contribute to the chaos of Smash, which hurts series that don't have a lot to work with.

When I was listing off series I was just listing the ones that lack new items in Smash 4. Kirby has a good amount and might not need more and with game series like Starfox and F-Zero I honestly can't think of much in the way of new items.
Fair enough. ^^ And well, Zelda has had Deku Nut, Bunny Hood and Heart Container. Through Three Smash games. It certanly deserves a few more, haha.
But yeah, of course some franchises really needs more items. But not all franchises have many items to choose from. Like, what would you do for a F-Zero item? Unless they do something silly like with the Sub-Machine Gun, I don know what they'd do.

Not played Starfox or F-Zero enough to have good ideas.

@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
Fair enough. I just hope Falcon is revealed Before release this time. :)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I just want Sheik so I can die in peace, but yeah, much thirst, so anywho will be fine.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The difference here is that we've already had a version of Zelda that is suitable for combat- in OoT, she was on the battlefield (not necessarily fighting, but still present) and the one to seal Ganon along with the rest of the sages and in TP, she was fought herself before joining Link on horseback to fire shots at Ganondorf. SS Zelda was your friend and she seals herself in slumber. There is no combat at all- she doesn't even seal Demise- Link does using the Master Sword. I'm not saying Zelda doesn't deserve to be in Smash, because we all know she does. I'm saying that VERSION of Zelda, where she doesn't fight, and it's out of her character, shouldn't be there. I'm glad they kept the TP model, which is my OPINION.
Villager kind of makes that moot. Just throwing that out there. :rolleyes:

I do respect the fact that it's your opinion though.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Villager kind of makes that moot. Just throwing that out there. :rolleyes:

I do respect the fact that it's your opinion though.
I fail to see how Villager makes this moot- Villager never fought, so adding him into a fighting game means just as much as if he wasn't there first. Sakurai said his series was "too peaceful" and then included him this time. Sakurai knows Zelda isn't peaceful, but could've thought that incarnation of Zelda was too peaceful and used the TP model because that one actually fights. Either way, i think it boils down to Ganondorf and Sheik already having TP models from Brawl to work with. If Link and Zelda used SS models then the development team would need to have Ganondorf and Sheik designs drafted up which would add to the development time and push the release date further.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I fail to see how Villager makes this moot- Villager never fought, so adding him into a fighting game means just as much as if he wasn't there first. Sakurai said his series was "too peaceful" and then included him this time. Sakurai knows Zelda isn't peaceful, but could've thought that incarnation of Zelda was too peaceful and used the TP model because that one actually fights. Either way, i think it boils down to Ganondorf and Sheik already having TP models from Brawl to work with. If Link and Zelda used SS models then the development team would need to have Ganondorf and Sheik designs drafted up which would add to the development time and push the release date further.
It makes it moot because you're saying a version of Zelda can't fight because that version never did.

Villager never fights anyone. Wii Fit Trainer never fights anyone.

There's your moot point again. I'm also not arguing about design.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
On the topic of new items, I haven't played enough F-Zero to be able to come up with any item for that series. For Starfox I was trying to think of things from mostly Assault. There's the silver and gold rings which replenish health, the dual laser upgrade and all of the different weapons accessible during the on-foot missions and the multiplayer along with things like the unlockable jetpack. Problem is that weapons like the blaster and machine gun are already covered by the super scope, I guess the Hi-Launcher could be a potential item, locking onto foes with a high powered missile. Then I thought of items from Adventures and I thought of the Bomb Spore plants. You could plant the seed, wait a while and then a bomb spore plant would grow. Once hit it would explode and it could release more spores (this is all theory for how it could work in Smash, not 100% accurate to what it does in Adventures but close enough). Anyways, this is all theory for potential items, not so much related to the current potd.

As Monday and today have shown us, this is suck and blow week so I predict that in the near future (either this week or next) we shall see either Dedede use swallow or the one I'm hoping for, we will see Kirby use swallow and finally see a Kirby hat...or he could show Kirby swallowing a character and then spit them out with a caption along the lines of "Kirby can swallow his opponents even if they are shielding. You can spit them at other players to damage both of them!...Oh and he can copy their ability"

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It makes it moot because you're saying a version of Zelda can't fight because that version never did.

Villager never fights anyone. Wii Fit Trainer never fights anyone.

There's your moot point again. I'm also not arguing about design.
I don't think you're understanding what i'm saying.

Villager and WFT never fought anyone. It doesn't matter if they now fight, as we've seen characters like Fox and Captain Falcon go from never fighting to now fighting. TP Zelda has fought. SS Zelda has not fought anyone. Going from a developer point of view, why would you include a version of a character that was never battle ready, when you have a version of that same character that has already been in combat. It logically doesn't make sense.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222

Villager and WFT never fought anyone. It doesn't matter if they now fight, as we've seen characters like Fox and Captain Falcon go from never fighting to now fighting. TP Zelda has fought. SS Zelda has not fought anyone. Going from a developer point of view, why would you include a version of a character that was never battle ready, when you have a version of that same character that has already been in combat. It logically doesn't make sense.
Because screw logic, obviously. Imagination seems to be the bigger issue here.

I'm also thinking they wanted to be consistent with Link's TP design.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Because logic is used in Smash. lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

While I do agree that SS Zelda is far from fit for fighting, I think it basically boils down to the fact that Ganondorf and Sheik don't have SS designs, so to not make them fall behind they just decided on keeping the TP look, it's probably not Zelda who is keeping everyone else as TP.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if tomorrow will be the day we get a newcomer.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wonder if tomorrow will be the day we get a newcomer.
If we don't have a Direct announced, then i doubt it. There's always tomorrow we could get the announcement and then the Direct for Friday

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If a veteran isn't announced tomorrow then I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Thanks to all the GBA releases, there's a stupid number of veterans that can be used to promote them (Yoshi - Super Mario Advance 3, Wario- Wario Ware, Captain Falcon- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Metaknight- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and ZSS - Metroid Fusion) and, given how most of these characters have no major releases for the 3DS or Wii U in sight, Nintendo would be dropping the ball hard by not showing any of them for this event.

R0Y

Smash Master
Uhhh...what's happening tomorrow again, EVO?

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If a veteran isn't announced tomorrow then I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Thanks to all the GBA releases, there's a stupid number of veterans that can be used to promote them (Yoshi - Super Mario Advance 3, Wario- Wario Ware, Captain Falcon- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Metaknight- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and ZSS - Metroid Fusion) and, given how most of these characters have no major releases for the 3DS or Wii U in sight, Nintendo would be dropping the ball hard by not showing any of them for this event.
I wouldn't expect Yoshi because of Yoshi's New Island not being out in Japan yet. Anyone else you listed I could see.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Nintendo's launching the GBA on the Wii U VC in all four major regions tomorrow.
Thanks for refreshing my memory! Hoping for something big, and it would make sense, but Sakurai's the trollingest troll who ever trolled.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Truth be told, the only reason I want a Direct is for a newcomer but really I'd just like to see an end to the current drought. Nothing says it absolutely has to end with a newcomer because the one after Luigi ended with Peach and the one after Sonic ended with Marth. I'd be perfectly fine with a Direct later in the month, to be honest.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As you all know, Japan's first major GBA dump tomorrow includes: Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Wario Ware, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Then Japan has another GBA dump on the 30th with: Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, Mario Tennis Advance, Metroid Fusion, LoZ: the Minish Cap, Wario Land 4, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. April 25th sees the release of NES Remix 1+2 so there's the possibility of a reveal then too (I'm personally hoping for the Ice Climbers). There's a lot of potential reveals on all three days but, then again, there were a lot in March too that Nintendo simply bypassed without notice...

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised no ones mentioned how skyward sword zelda doesn't particularly look like you know..a princess, which Is a big issue since that's the role she's known for after all.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok yes there is a teveal coming but let's be honest for delaying the reveal for so much time there HAS to be a direct coming (imagine if rosalina was revealed the week before the direct, it would not make sense because no one will be at the direct which would make even less sense).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm surprised no ones mentioned how skyward sword zelda doesn't particularly look like you know..a princess, which Is a big issue since that's the role she's known for after all.
Because every princess needs a tiara and a bright colorful dress to be qualified as a "princess".
Clearly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would say Captain Falcon but then I remember Max Velocity was the one that takes place after a timeskip that all other games ignored.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ok yes there is a teveal coming but let's be honest for delaying the reveal for so much time there HAS to be a direct coming (imagine if rosalina was revealed the week before the direct, it would not make sense because no one will be at the direct which would make even less sense).
Like I said earlier, not necessarily. The first major drought (Luigi to Peach) lasted 35 days and then the second major drought (Sonic to Marth) lasted 37 days. While the longest drought so far ended with a newcomer (Marth to Rosalina at 40 days) it still doesn't change that the previous two ended with veterans. What you're saying makes sense from a marketing perspective but I'm simply arguing that this may not be the way things end. For all we know there could be a string of veteran reveals this month, only for Sakurai to go dead silent in May until E3 in June.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Like I said earlier, not necessarily. The first major drought (Luigi to Peach) lasted 35 days and then the second major drought (Sonic to Marth) lasted 37 days. While the longest drought so far ended with a newcomer (Marth to Rosalina at 40 days) it still doesn't change that the previous two ended with veterans. What you're saying makes sense from a marketing perspective but I'm simply arguing that this may not be the way things end. For all we know there could be a string of veteran reveals this month, only for Sakurai to go dead silent in May until E3 in June.
Hum...

the thing is, before December, did you notice that we got alot more filler than December? I found that so weird why would you wait to December? like even months after that filler didn't increased and now we see almost every day something useful. My theory would be that the game would have reached an important stage in the development which would explain the lack of info and veteran ending drought but this is pure speculation.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Well, all we can do is 'pure speculation' actually, given that there are billions of possibilities for what the PotD may or may not unveil.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Personally, I'm not expecting a character tomorrow. I feel like we'll see something about a stage tomorrow.

I'm actually hoping for a new Wii U stage soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom