• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Those complaining about how Link hasn't a new design, let me tell you it makes a lot of sense.

The reason Link and Zelda kept their Twilight Princess designs may be for consistency considering Sheik and Ganondorf may likely return for this game. Sheik and Ganondorf don't have Skyward Sword designs, whereas they have TP designs, so basically Link and Zelda are using their latest designs from games that also have Sheik and Ganondorf designs.

This may be bias, but I think Zelda's TP model fits Smash better than her Skyward Sword design. TP models also look more detailed, which is great for an HD Smash.

Anyway, the Gust Bellows look like an interesting item. Quite unexpected, but I'm glad to see that new items happen to be quite unique.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Those complaining about how Link hasn't a new design, let me tell you it makes a lot of sense.

The reason Link and Zelda kept their Twilight Princess designs may be for consistency considering Sheik and Ganondorf may likely return for this game. Sheik and Ganondorf don't have Skyward Sword designs, whereas they have TP designs, so basically Link and Zelda are using their latest designs from games that also have Sheik and Ganondorf design
I and most here fully understand the reasoning for them keeping those designs, but it doesn't make them any less boring being just higher poly models of the same versions we played as from 2008 to now. I get the compromise they had to make for that set of characters, but with a series that is ever changing like Zelda it would be nice if they reflected some of that in the characters. We get a smash almost once a decade, so it would be nice to bring in new things for those characters between then. I can't be the only one here who wants something new for these veterans right? Fox as well in this case, poor guy probably ended up as the least altered character in every aspect, i almost feel bad that these starting characters don't even get mentioned at all.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Fantastic new item as always but Zelda again? I hope we get at least 50ish new items at this point, from various franchises.
Sonic and Mega Man should have at least one item too.
What franchises represented by a character didn't get an item as of now?
I think F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers (except the vegetables which are stage-exclusive though), R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch (even though for these two you can consider the Super Scope being a part of the "Nintendo peripheral/consoles" group), Metal Gear, Sonic, Punch-Out!!, Mega Man and Wii Fit, if I'm right. Also we could consider Pilotwings and Nintendogs having a stage this time around.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's funny because Monday's update sucked and today's update blows!

Edit: Ninja'd by Protom

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Too many ****ing Zelda items >:I Come on Sakurai! Give me items about a franchise I actually care about! I want Megaman items and Sonic items!

sonus

Smash Cadet
I and most here fully understand the reasoning for them keeping those designs, but it doesn't make them any less boring being just higher poly models of the same versions we played as from 2008 to now. I get the compromise they had to make for that set of characters, but with a series that is ever changing like Zelda it would be nice if they reflected some of that in the characters. We get a smash almost once a decade, so it would be nice to bring in new things for those characters between then. I can't be the only one here who wants something new for these veterans right? Fox as well in this case, poor guy probably ended up as the least altered character in every aspect, i almost feel bad that these starting characters don't even get mentioned at all.

So Adult link did get an update in brawl. His boomerang has the tornado effect now. Also, I dont think you can use your chain while in the air to hit people in melee but you can in brawl ( I could be wrong on that though)

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Too many ****ing Zelda items >:I Come on Sakurai! Give me items about a franchise I actually care about! I want Megaman items and Sonic items!
You don´t like zelda? O_o You are so....passionate about nintendo.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
We still have nowhere near as many Zelda items as Mario, and Zelda being their second biggest franchise, having more than 3 items like they did in Brawl makes sense. :p

Plus, we've already gotten Items from two franchises that didn't have ANY items in Brawl (Pikmin and Kid Icarus. Plus, a Steel Diver). Sonic and MegaMan are pretty likely to get one item each, but patience. I'm sure they would be a 'bigger deal' anyways.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You don´t like zelda? O_o You are so....passionate about nintendo.
I dunno, I just don't see what's so special about Zelda, don't get me wrong, they're good games, just not the kind of good games I like, the only Zelda I enjoyed was Phantom Hourglass because it used the DS's touchscreen wonderfully, and I'm inclined to try out WWHD once the price goes down a little. I'd rather play DK, Mario, Metroid or Fire Emblem, to tell the truth.
We still have nowhere near as many Zelda items as Mario, and Zelda being their second biggest franchise, having more than 3 items like they did in Brawl makes sense. :p

Plus, we've already gotten Items from two franchises that didn't have ANY items in Brawl (Pikmin and Kid Icarus. Plus, a Steel Diver). Sonic and MegaMan are pretty likely to get one item each, but patience. I'm sure they would be a 'bigger deal' anyways.
Well, I hope you're right, because the lack of a Sonic item in Brawl felt weird :I I mean, since Zelda's getting so many ****ing new items, I wouldn't mind taking out the Bunny Hood and replacing it with the actually-recognizable Speed-Up Shoes, and if Zelda's getting the end-all healing item, why can't we have Megaman's E-Container for the full-health item?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sonic's item should be a box/television like in his games that you break by jumping on them and you get a power-up, like you run a lot faster or become invincible for a while.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I dunno, I just don't see what's so special about Zelda, don't get me wrong, they're good games, just not the kind of good games I like, the only Zelda I enjoyed was Phantom Hourglass because it used the DS's touchscreen wonderfully, and I'm inclined to try out WWHD once the price goes down a little. I'd rather play DK, Mario, Metroid or Fire Emblem, to tell the truth.

Well, I hope you're right, because the lack of a Sonic item in Brawl felt weird :I I mean, since Zelda's getting so many ****ing new items, I wouldn't mind taking out the Bunny Hood and replacing it with the actually-recognizable Speed-Up Shoes, and if Zelda's getting the end-all healing item, why can't we have Megaman's E-Container for the full-health item?
Well, simple. Heart Container is much more recognizable and known than the E-Container. ^^ And, Speed-Up Shoes? Never played a Sonic game, but the Bunny Ears makes much more sense in many ways. You can easily add ears on any character, but try giving ROB the Shoes, for example.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Sales wise, Pokemon is their second biggest franchise, but since we already have Pokeballs, I see your point.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Mega man item should be Bass´s Dog, them you can surf on him and knock down the others players

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sales wise, Pokemon is their second biggest franchise, but since we already have Pokeballs, I see your point.
True. ^^ Though I didn't really mean sales-wise. Just, 'greatness'? Maybe? Zelda is usually seen as the second next to Mario. But, oh well.
I'd kinda love a Pokémon Item that's not PokéBalls, actually. A Potion, for some small recovery, would be simple.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wonder what kind of F-Zero item they could get in there. It could be something original, in the end the Hocotate Spaceship and the Steel Diver don't appear as they actually do in their games so who cares.
Technically, Samurai Goroh could be considered an F-Zero item, I guess.

The new Pokémon item should be the Mega Ring. I already made a topic about that: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-new-item-and-feature-mega-ring-and-mega-evolutions.341455/

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New Zelda item!! From now on, It's not going to be a complete week without a new item.

Annndddd... get ready for Thurs. or Fri. people!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Current # of Mario Items: 11 (all old, no new)
Current # of Zelda Items: 7 (3 old, 4 new)

The Zelda series is definitely rivaling Mario with the number of items available ^^ dose make sense since the Zelda series has plenty unique items. Although 4 new items based on a flagship series doesn't seem as crazy as everyone is making it out to be. I mean in the jump to Melee to Brawl we got 3 new Mario items even though there were a lot of them ^^;

Anyway I do notice that a lot of new items are more weapon based while melee focused on status effects and brawl focused more on area control.

R0Y

Smash Master

The Zelda series is definitely rivaling Mario with the number of items available ^^ dose make sense since the Zelda series has plenty unique items. Although 4 new items based on a flagship series doesn't seem as crazy as everyone is making it out to be. I mean in the jump to Melee to Brawl we got 3 new Mario items even though there were a lot of them ^^;

Anyway I do notice that a lot of new items are more weapon based while melee focused on status effects and brawl focused more on area control.
We also lost at least one in the red shell though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Makes since, as the Zelda series has a LOT of items....

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
For some reason this pic makes me think that pushing moves like Squirtle's B and Mario's Down B will be made more viable in this game. Well my reason for thinking this is that B moves were mostly under used in Melee. Then in Brawl They made B moves more viable for use. Now with an item with basically the same effect as Mario's Down B, Squirtles B, and Pits Up B I feel like there will be more of a purpose to those moves.

Or they could all still be terrible moves.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
From the looks of it, FLUDD is both faster, stronger and lasts longer than in Brawl, so I'd say they will all be pretty good. ^^

R0Y

Smash Master
I thought the both of them were just paired up as "shells"
meh
Nah, they behave differently in 64 and Melee.

In the Subspace Emissary in Brawl the red shell is available as a pallete swap if you kill a Parakoopa though

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mondays picture brought suckage but now wendsday blows me away

So this one hints a few more new zelda items for smash bros

Can't wait for a reveal date for a direct.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Interesting to say the least. Though Skyward Sword has a bit more mixed response compared to previous games in the series, I always thought the item selection for the game was pretty interesting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt that the Zelda franchise will get any newcomers, so to make up for that, items from the Zelda franchise would be implemented instead.

R0Y

Smash Master
Interesting to say the least. Though Skyward Sword has a bit more mixed response compared to previous games in the series, I always thought the item selection for the game was pretty interesting.
Eh, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess all had their detractors beforehand, especially Wind Waker, but they've mostly faded away. Personally I didn't like TP that much.

This. Mario had almost quadruple the number of items Zelda had and triple the number Kirby had in Brawl so this increase shouldn't come across as unreasonable.
But 11 items...does that include the red shell which is virtually gone (except as a pallete swap in Subspace Emissary?

Staarih

Smash Master
Even if Zelda does get lots of items now, it doesn't mean it couldn't get a newcomer. Like many have pointed out, Mario has loads of items and yet we got Rosalina still.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Remember guys, even when we get a Direct date, it means nothing unless a PotD mentions to watch it. So hopefully we'll get that watch pic tomorrow and the Direct on Friday.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
This. Mario had almost quadruple the number of items Zelda had and triple the number Kirby had in Brawl so this increase shouldn't come across as unreasonable.
Kirby has Star Rod, Warp Star, Maxin Tomato, Superspicey Curry and Dragoon. If you count each piece of Dragoon as a separate item, Kirby and LoZ items have equal representation.

D

Deleted member

Why would you count each Dragoon Piece separate?
It's just one item divided into three parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom