• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sheesh, another Zelda item, and I can tell due to TL's pose reminding me of him holding the Super Scope via Brawl. This blows. *inb4 blow jokes*

You know, now that I typed that, you realize that this week already has 2 wind-based puns; sucks and blows.
Then by all means, I want more KI items too!

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Sakurai....

HE'S NOT EVEN HOLDING IT!!! THERE'S NOTHING HE CAN EVEN HOLD ONTO!

THAT JUST LOOKS BAD....
I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping all these bad hand poses and items not being in their hands is something that gets fixed before the game releases.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if it can also blow other items away or possibly even some stage hazards.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So theres even more zelda items... Care to share them next week cause its not like theres other franchises or anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

The positioning of the item suggests that it works like the Super Scope.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Toon Link is not even holding the item lmao

Even though it's just an item, I hope THAT gets fixed. Just looks...off.

Otherwise, good update. Another Zelda item, and Sakurai hints at even more Zelda items for the future. Sweet, I'm all for it.

Good night, Smashers.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
I don't think Toon Link is supposed to be holding the item in the picture. Link holds the item like this in Skyward Sword:

And the caption directly points out "When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild!" I think Toon Link's hand is just in a strange position that makes him look like he's controlling the item, when he's not.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

There be the captions with the pic. Still say it blows... Meh, wind puns.
With that in mind, more KI items please.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Said it before, will say it again.

Sakurai is just trying to fill the demand for Zelda content without adding in a new character for the franchise.
So I think him acknowledging the fact that there are a lot of Zelda-themed items further supports my theory.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guys the explanation is on Miiverse already, why isn't anyone posting it?
It's been posted three times.

As usual I posted it first. Just putting that out there...:p

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
All the characters have psychic abilities in the new game and just levitate the items. Obviously. Such mechanic.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Guys the explanation is on Miiverse already, why isn't anyone posting it?
It's because they already did a page or two back. :p

Wasn't this item also in Minish Cap?

All these Zelda items can mean only two things:
1) More Zelda items because we're not getting any extra Zelda characters or
2) More Zelda items because we're getting an extra Zelda character

Either way I'm right. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to hypothesize that all the new Zelda items (and I'm wagering stages too), is because we're not getting a Newcomer.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Sakurai is just trying to fill the demand for Zelda content without adding in a new character for the franchise.
So I think him acknowledging the fact that there are a lot of Zelda-themed items further supports my theory.
I think the opposite. I think the Zelda series is getting so much love at this point, there's no reason for any doubt that they are getting a new rep.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Zelda items on demand in Smash Bros and from the sound of things, there might even be more.

noticus

Smash Cadet
i'm hoping that he's just choosing to show us zelda items
and that there are a lot of varied items in the game
otherwise, this is skyward smash

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's too many Skyward Sword items... It's making me scared that like Ghirahim might be playable and the thought of him being playable makes me want to hurl.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord

Fascinating theory, one that does make a lot of sense. Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda are Nintendo's big three, and since Mario already has more than 4 characters and Pokemon most probably will too, Sakurai probably wants to make sure to provide enough Zelda content to make up for not maintaining a balance with Mario and Pokemon.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Also, forgot to mention, between Luigi's Poltergust and the Gust Bellows, this week really... sucks and blows. :troll:

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
i'm hoping that he's just choosing to show us zelda items
and that there are a lot of varied items in the game
otherwise, this is skyward smash
I feel like there's going to be a lot more of everything in this game, not just Zelda stuff. He's just focusing on Zelda at the moment. I have a hunch this game is going to blow us away in terms of content.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm getting pretty bored with all these Zelda item confirmations. It'd be nice to see some other series' representations.
Completely agree.
I thought we were dealing with a company that had a vast magnitude of IPs and a rich library of historical videogames. When does he start showing it?:ohwell:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I guess he's making up for the fact that both his Link's use **** items. Zelda is about Link's weapons after all, kind of makes sense to have them in there.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
ALSO the pose Toon Link is in for holding the gust bellows is used for the Super Scope as well. So that may essentially be confirmed by extension.
I think the opposite. I think the Zelda series is getting so much love at this point, there's no reason for any doubt that they are getting a new rep.
Doubt it, why would they oversaturate Zelda content like that? There's no reason to at all. I mean I don't see 4-5 Mario items, and that franchise got a new character.

It's more for balancing the franchise representation in the game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pokemon have Pokeballs.
Mario has characters (counting the individual series ones).
And now Zelda apparently has items.

Any bets on who gets the most Assist Trophies?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, it's a pretty cool item, but I hope there are a ton of items to make up for so much Zelda. Not that I hate tons of Zelda at all, but there are so many other cool items that also need to shine!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Zelda won't be getting a new rep because Sakurai is going to retool Ganon's moveset so he actually acts like Ganon, fights like Ganon and Ganons like Ganon.

And for him, the amount of work it takes him to do that is enough to consider the Canon Ganon an equivalent to a "new rep", therefore erasing any need to make an actual new character since he can just update and revamp an old one completely.

There's nothing wrong with my prediction, it's FLAAAAWLEEESS! /Dr. Finklestein

Pfft, yeah. I wish Sakurai would do that for Ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom