• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Pokemon have Pokeballs.
Mario has characters (counting the individual series ones).
And now Zelda apparently has items.

Any bets on who gets the most Assist Trophies?
Star Fox. Krystal as an AT would be just fine.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ALSO the pose Toon Link is in for holding the gust bellows is used for the Super Scope as well. So that may essentially be confirmed by extension.
Doubt it, why would they oversaturate Zelda content like that? There's no reason to at all. I mean I don't see 4-5 Mario items, and that franchise got a new character.

It's more for balancing the franchise representation in the game.
mushroom, poison mushroom, star, fire flower, metal box all mario item all in smash

edit forgot green shell

Last edited:

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Doubt it, why would they oversaturate Zelda content like that? There's no reason to at all. I mean I don't see 4-5 Mario items, and that franchise got a new character.
On one hand, I agree that I think there may not be a new Zelda rep, given this pattern. On the other hand, however, you "don't see 4-5 Mario items"? There are over 10 Mario items in Smash, and 3 Zelda ones as of Brawl.

Zelda won't be getting a new rep because Sakurai is going to retool Ganon's moveset so he actually acts like Ganon, fights like Ganon and Ganons like Ganon.

And for him, the amount of work it takes him to do that is enough to consider the Canon Ganon an equivalent to a "new rep", therefore erasing any need to make an actual new character since he can just update and revamp an old one completely.

There's nothing wrong with my prediction, it's FLAAAAWLEEESS! /Dr. Finklestein

Pfft, yeah. I wish Sakurai would do that for Ganon.
Just to make this happen, I'll bet it won't happen

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like that there will be heaps of Zelda items. There's so many to pick from the amount that has been featured in the past seems almost criminal IMO

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All these vacuums and we still haven't seen Kirby's neutral special. Heresy, I say.
He's reveal it this week for sure. Suck'n'Blow week. Firstly, Luigi's FS, secondly, and most importantly, the announcement that the Stage Builder still sucks, and tonight this. Tomorrow night will be Kirby's inhale and Friday we'll get ZSS's reveal...

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I don't even think we have that many items from Zelda, so far he's shown off 4 items and one assist trophy and the comment just says more than a few items will be from zelda series, which makes sense since zelda usually has interesting items in their games that can be used. Even if there are a lot of zelda items I'm certain there will be tons more non zelda items and tons from other games, he's probably just showing off more zelda items than the others for now, but don't worry he'll get around to it. This game will probably be bigger than brawl and have more of more items, so no need to worry people.

"Kirby's inhale is back and now with a new twist! You can input forward B, upward B, downward B or neutral B to copy the foe's specials (Whatever you inputted will be the new special you gain. It will be mapped on your neutral special)"

HA! I wish

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
I like that there will be heaps of Zelda items. There's so many to pick from the amount that has been featured in the past seems almost criminal IMO
Honestly, I completely agree. I hadn't even noticed till now, but let's see…

Brawl items for Mario: Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Fire Flower, Starman, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Lightning Bolt, Metal Box, Bob-Omb, Hothead, Freezie
Brawl items for TLoZ: Heart Container, Bunny Hood, Deku Nut

So all these Zelda items are starting to make sense to me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
mushroom, poison mushroom, star, fire flower, metal box all mario item all in smash

edit forgot green shell
On one hand, I agree that I think there may not be a new Zelda rep, given this pattern. On the other hand, however, you "don't see 4-5 Mario items"? There are over 10 Mario items in Smash, and 3 Zelda ones as of Brawl.

Well I was moreso referring to new items...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He's reveal it this week for sure. Suck'n'Blow week. Firstly, Luigi's FS, secondly, and most importantly, the announcement that the Stage Builder still sucks, and tonight this. Tomorrow night will be Kirby's inhale and Friday we'll get ZSS's reveal...
I dunno, Radical, if it's suck and blow week then Friday will probably Wario's reveal.

I don't think anyone in Smash blows as hard or as strongly as he does cause when he blows, you can see it, smell it and even feel it in the air. It's a long lasting experience that you'll never forget.

The rest of the Smash crew sure didn't in Brawl's very first trailer in 2006, that's for sure.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937

Well I was moreso referring to new items...​
No, no, I completely understand that. But the inclusion of so many Zelda items certainly makes sense when you think about how many items from other series there have been up until this point. Why add a new Mario power-up when there's tons of other series to choose from? That being said, I guess that's your point, too. :| Zelda certainly seems to be hogging the attention from, say, Fire Emblem or Star Fox.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bleh, another Zelda item. I mean new items? Cool. New items from the same series over and over again? Not cool. We've got this thing, the beetle and the fairy and none of them show any signs of decloning the Links. Whoo freakin hoo. Whatever, the update is nice but when you consider all of the other series and all of the potential new items from them along with how many damn Zelda items we already have...it's not quite as appealing...I can't make up my mind if I should be positive or negative about this update :/

Edit: We also have the chicken (though some speculate it might be an assist) and the Skull Kid assist, good news with this I suppose is eventually Sakurai will run out of Zelda stuff to show and we will get new items for other franchises...or filler pics

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
And thus we have more items, and the Gust Jar has been a pretty boring item in every game it has been in so far at that. I mean, the smash version will basically inevitably be better than the Zelda version, but as a Zelda fan, this item is not exactly easy to get excited over while as a smash fan I don't tend to care that much about items in the first place.

I do think we're just stalling for an upcoming direct at this point, and we're getting a ton of items out of the way now so down the road we can have some really content rich reveals. If there is going to be a direct this week, tomorrow would be a likely day to announce it so I guess we had better keep our eyes open.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I dunno, Radical, if it's suck and blow week then Friday will probably Wario's reveal.

I don't think anyone in Smash blows as hard or as strongly as he does cause when he blows, you can see it, smell it and even feel it in the air. It's a long lasting experience that you'll never forget.

The rest of the Smash crew sure didn't in Brawl's very first trailer in 2006, that's for sure.
See, that's where we are different. I go for sexual innuendo, and you go for fart jokes.

Both are in excellent taste, of course.

We could have our first dual reveal - Wario farting on a passed out ZSS. Sakurai loves that kind of stuff.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Bleh, another Zelda item. I mean new items? Cool. New items from the same series over and over again? Not cool. We've got this thing, the beetle and the fairy and none of them show any signs of decloning the Links. Whoo freakin hoo. Whatever, the update is nice but when you consider all of the other series and all of the potential new items from them along with how many damn Zelda items we already have...it's not quite as appealing...I can't make up my mind if I should be positive or negative about this update :/
Well, you could always take my approach to dealing with news:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Ahh the E3 Brawl trailer. Hate to say it, but it was far better than SSB4's E3 trailer.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Luigi sucks
Zelda item sucks
Dedede sucks and spits
Kirby sucks, spits and swallows

It's looking more like Super Smash Blows than Smash Bros.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
See, that's where we are different. I go for sexual innuendo, and you go for fart jokes.

Both are in excellent taste, of course.

We could have our first dual reveal - Wario farting on a passed out ZSS. Sakurai loves that kind of stuff.
You clearly didn't pay close enough attention.

You went for a sex joke instead of a fart joke.

If you read my post again, you'll find I was going for both.

Why else would I grab a video with Wario sticking his butt out while his "yaoi hole", as a certain scientist girl would call it, was shining brighter than Goku's finger when it touched Trunks's sword?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It'd be cool to see the Roc's Cape from Oracle of Seasons that would allow anyone to glide, and the Power Glove (or bracelet), which would make anyone lift up opponents like DK.

And the Switch Hook from Oracle of Ages...

So many good choices...

----

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No, no, I completely understand that. But the inclusion of so many Zelda items certainly makes sense when you think about how many items from other series there have been up until this point. Why add a new Mario power-up when there's tons of other series to choose from? That being said, I guess that's your point, too. :| Zelda certainly seems to be hogging the attention from, say, Fire Emblem or Star Fox.
I guess??
Well either way, more Zelda stuff probably means no Zelda newcomer. Which makes sense since it's generally agreed that the Zelda "newcomer" should be a reworked Ganondorf.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
A spellbook maybe?
I was going to say what item's could they even have from Fire Emblem, but that's a pretty great idea.

Actually now that I think of it, I want Pegasi and Wyverns, maybe Ashnard's dragon. This game needs mounts. I want Mr. Game and Watch to terrorize the sky in his Wyvern, storming Palutina's temple to overblown orchestral music. Or Ridley riding a Dragon because dragon dragon dragon. I am also not opposed to the idea of Captain Falcon riding a Pegasus. Or Wario for that matter.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What

I actually predicted something right

lol
I actually remembered you saying that when I saw the pic. :p

Tell us your secrets prophet! >: D

Anyway, new item is certainly interesting. While I think it had missed potential in Skyward Sword, it might be fun here.

My response to the caption is that I'm fine with getting many Zelda items. Especially since items are such a huge focus of that series.

Also, why were people so sure this would be a filler pic? :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I predict tthat the next item will be the Grappling hook which will allow every one to have a tether recovery.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
when I was playing skyward sword I was thinking i wanted this item in smash :)

also he may not be holding it because it may be going wild like he said when a character drops it

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
We've got this thing, the beetle and the fairy and none of them show any signs of decloning the Links.
That's been my biggest beef for a while. Being a link main I'm bored with the fact that he has gotten almost nothing new (hell not even a new design), and now we have these items that could have spiced things up for one link or the other but that didn't happen. I'm still holding out hope that they will at least get new side specials, but even then I'm not expecting much since for better or worse sakurai loves his traditions for traditions sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom