• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Kirby has Star Rod, Warp Star, Maxin Tomato, Superspicey Curry and Dragoon. If you count each piece of Dragoon as a separate item, Kirby and LoZ items have equal representation.
You shouldn't, really. If Kirby was to get new items, I think the Mike would be a good idea.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It'll be interesting to see if this item is constantly active once used (like Curry) or if it can be turned on and off like most of the items. I'd assume the second option, but you never really know. As for the huge influx of Legend of Zelda items, I'm kind of ok with it, but I'd rather they show a few more items from series with no items first and then come back to revealing the Zelda ones a little less frequently.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Counting the Dragoon Pieces seperatly makes no sense. :/ I mean, Pokémon easily has the most items then, cuz' we'd have to Count every PokéBall Pkmn as one item.

Anyways, Gust Item. I like it. As a big fan of Skyward Sword, the more referances the better. XD

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah that's a stretch, it's one item.
Besides, it doesn't matter anyway...we all know it's better replaced with Daybreak because Sakurai hates Kirby Air Ride. No sequel ever :ohwell:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Why would you count each Dragoon Piece separate?
It's just one item divided into three parts.
Yeah that's a stretch, it's one item.
I said "if you do."
The argument would be that it's three separate pickups, and there is never technically an assemble Dragoon Item, as in you are never on stage with a dragoon in your hand or riding it or whatever and doing stuff with it, it cuts right to what is essentially a Final Smash.
I count it all as one item, I'm just saying there is reason to say it isn't.
You shouldn't, really. If Kirby was to get new items, I think the Mike would be a good idea.
I'd rather have Parasol back. Not including additional food items, I think Kirby has enough items. They need to add more stages. And Gooey. And fix Kirby's Inhale... And make his dair Pinpoint Kick... But I digress.

Edit:
Besides, it doesn't matter anyway...we all know it's better replaced with Daybreak because Sakurai hates Kirby Air Ride. No sequel ever :ohwell:
Not true. Sakurai just hates making sequels [in general]. That's one of the main reasons he quit HAL. When he quit HAL, he also relinquished his status as Director of da Kirby Gamez. Air Ride was the last Kirby Game he made, iir.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's more likely the fact that Sakurai isn't allowed to work on Kirby games since he left HAL, unless he cooperates with them to make it of course, which I doubt he'll do, he seems to largely have moved on from Kirby.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
So does Sakurai like to troll us? Cause Toon Link doesn't even have his hand on the shaft of the Gust Bellow.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Zelda has a lot of items, so it should have a good number of items in smash... Plus most of these fit (right now I'm not seeing the gust jar as fitting, but the beetle was a great addition).

I'd personally like to see Tri-Force Shards as an item more so than more and more weapons (collect enough [8 or 3] and turn invulnerable and super powerful?), but hey, can't win 'em all, and they may still be in.

Wait, why Is there not a general item discussion thread for all this?

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I'd love for that to be an item, I can just imagine each character having their own scream. " WWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO"

If Zelda is getting all of these items, it makes me wonder if any other series will be getting any more items.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's more likely the fact that Sakurai isn't allowed to work on Kirby games since he left HAL, unless he cooperates with them to make it of course, which I doubt he'll do, he seems to largely have moved on from Kirby.
Wait. I know he left HAL, but who made Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe then? 0.o

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Wait. I know he left HAL, but who made Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe then? 0.o
Some other guy. That's why TD is so bad.
The only reason SSU and RTDL are good is that they are a remake and a reboot based strongly off of Sakurai's work (respectively).

Edit: And the work of the Dark Matter Trilogy guy, whose name I don't remember.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
From what I found onthese were listed as director and producer for RTDL:

Director Shinya Kumazaki
Producers: Hiroaki Suga
Hitoshi Yamagami
Shigefumi Kawase

Last edited:

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
Regarding the large amount of Zelda items, I wonder if it's Sakurai's way of "making up" for possibly not having any Zelda newcomers this time around. Just the way he worded today's statement implies he feels like the Zelda franchise would be missing something if he didn't add these items.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Some other guy. That's why TD is so bad.
The only reason SSU and RTDL are good is that they are a remake and a reboot based strongly off of Sakurai's work (respectively).

Edit: And the work of the Dark Matter Trilogy guy, whose name I don't remember.
I heard Triple Deluxe was supposed to be amazing...I don't like hearing mixed things...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
By the way it would be nice if the Fire Flower worked like it does in the Mario games this time around.
If Fire Emblem still is mostly represented by sword-users, they could add other weapons as items. Like a book which makes you launch magic chants or something that makes you ride a dragon would be pretty cool.
Also, I like items from less known franchises which aren't big enough for a playable rep or a stage. Assist Trophies already did pretty good with that.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
TD isn't bad though.
I heard Triple Deluxe was supposed to be amazing...I don't like hearing mixed things...
Meh, I mostly just resent it for ****ting all over Amazing Mirror and making stupid abilities while wrecking the designs of some of the old ones.
By the way it would be nice if the Fire Flower worked like it does in the Mario games this time around.
If Fire Emblem still is mostly represented by sword-users, they could add other weapons as items. Like a book which makes you launch magic chants or something that makes you ride a dragon would be pretty cool.
Also, I like items from less known franchises which aren't big enough for a playable rep or a stage. Assist Trophies already did pretty good with that.
I want a rapier.

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Those complaining about how Link hasn't a new design, let me tell you it makes a lot of sense.

The reason Link and Zelda kept their Twilight Princess designs may be for consistency considering Sheik and Ganondorf may likely return for this game. Sheik and Ganondorf don't have Skyward Sword designs, whereas they have TP designs, so basically Link and Zelda are using their latest designs from games that also have Sheik and Ganondorf designs.

This may be bias, but I think Zelda's TP model fits Smash better than her Skyward Sword design. TP models also look more detailed, which is great for an HD Smash.

Anyway, the Gust Bellows look like an interesting item. Quite unexpected, but I'm glad to see that new items happen to be quite unique.
This makes sense but remember they came up w/ a design for Sheik in brawl for how she would have appeared in Twilight Princess if featured in the game. Though the Hyrule Historia says it was an unused concept for that the Smash team borrowed, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to stylize Ganondorf and Sheik to match Link and Zelda's Skyward Sword appearances. Especially when you have Impa and Demise (at least facially) to use as inspiration.

I agree that the TL Princsss models for Link and Zelda look good, but I really like the colorfulness of the Skyward Sword art style (particularly goddess Hylia Zelda) and the characters would've looked great along side Mario and friends inHD.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Isn't this the same samus "tripping animation?

Moderator Edit: Please use permanent links when posting the pic of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
This makes sense but remember they came up w/ a design for Sheik in brawl for how she would have appeared in Twilight Princess if featured in the game. Though the Hyrule Historia says it was an unused concept for that the Smash team borrowed, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to stylize Ganondorf and Sheik to match Link and Zelda's Skyward Sword appearances. Especially when you have Impa and Demise (at least facially) to use as inspiration.

I agree that the TL Princsss models for Link and Zelda look good, but I really like the colorfulness of the Skyward Sword art style (particularly goddess Hylia Zelda) and the characters would've looked great along side Mario and friends inHD.
But SS Zelda was too cute and upbeat to fight anything. TP Zelda on the other hand was so serious that she seems better suited for combat.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
But SS Zelda was too cute and upbeat to fight anything. TP Zelda on the other hand was so serious that she seems better suited for combat.
I thought Zelda was unsuitable for combat before Melee too, but we see how that turned out. A character's outward appearance doesn't take away from their ability to fight. I do think most would prefer Zelda in a her traditional princess dress since it's most recognizable though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Strangely enough SS Zelda's Civilian Clothes are probably more suited for fighting then the long dress used by standard Zelda, but then again logic isn't really a factor when it comes to Smash rules.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ya know, I'd like one of the many Fire Emblems as an item in Smash... I don't really care which version (it could even be the sacred stones, though the shield of seals seems more feasable), or what it does, but given it's the title of the series and always appears as an item in the games I think at least one of them deserves to be an item in smash!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Can you really still make this kind of argument after the likes of Villager made it in?
The Villager is a horrible murderer, he's suited for battle more than anyone, silly.

Anyways, Three great updates in a row. What shall happen tomorrow? I wanna say a character.

i guess Peach is too much of an air head to fight anything.
I guess Rosalina is too quiet to fight anything.
I guess Villager is too peaceful to fight anything.
:troll:
Mega Man's too dead to fight anything :troll:

Let's be honest, considering how Capcom treats him, he's really dead. For those who disagree with me, don't lie to yourselves
Can you really still make this kind of argument after the likes of Villager made it in?
That must mean Kirby and Pikachu shouldn't be in Smash since they're too cute and upbeat if we go by that logic (Not referring to you)

In fact, several characters wouldn't even be in Smash if we went with that.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I suppose I should mention that I like this update and I like that Zelda is getting new items. What I don't like is how that's all we've been seeing for new items when there are other franchises that need some love too. I hope this thing can be angled like the Cracker Launcher could, would suck pretty bad if your opponent could just jump over you to eliminate the threat of a jar of air. I can picture it being like the Kyogre pokeball Pokemon, just this time, player controlled.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Smash Bros in fact does the opposite and makes the most unassuming characters into unique fighters (Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Villager etc)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I suppose I should mention that I like this update and I like that Zelda is getting new items. What I don't like is how that's all we've been seeing for new items when there are other franchises that need some love too. I hope this thing can be angled like the Cracker Launcher could, would suck pretty bad if your opponent could just jump over you to eliminate the threat of a jar of air. I can picture it being like the Kyogre pokeball Pokemon, just this time, player controlled.
Well, we've gotten 2 Items for Kid Icarus, and one Item for Pikmin. And both franchises never had Items Before. So they have certanly not forgotten about the franchises that lacks items. :)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well at least he's acknowledge the fact that he's been showing a lot of Zelda items. Wonder if this means more items in general or just a weird balance towards Zelda items... I'd prefer the former honestly. More options is usually a good thing.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Mega Man's too dead to fight anything :troll:

Let's be honest, considering how Capcom treats him, he's really dead. For those who disagree with me, don't lie to yourselves
No new game in 4 years = dead? And hes appearing in Smash, which could lead to Capcom doing more Mega Man stuff.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well, we've gotten 2 Items for Kid Icarus, and one Item for Pikmin. And both franchises never had Items Before. So they have certanly not forgotten about the franchises that lacks items. :)
Starfox, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, no Pokemon item outside of the Pokeball if such a thing could exist, Donkey Kong, WarioWare if there can even be items from that game series (never played a WarioWare game in my life) Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, Ice Climber if anyone actually cares about the vegetables, Mother, no 3rd party items, Mario and no new original smash items though, I don't think we need any more Mario or original smash items.

However I do see your point that Sakurai has shown at least some new items from other series. Again, I like these Zelda items that we are getting but it would have been nice if he held off showing some of them and showed us a new item from another franchise, give us some diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom