• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
what ever happens tomorrow don't take the bait until 20 hours past (when that happens its most likely a legit picture)

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I'm not really expecting an April Fool's Pic of the Day...that said I really want to see an April Fool's Pic of the Day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From what I've heard, Japan doesn't even celebrate April Fools Day, so I doubt that Sakurai will do any senseless jokes on us.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well off topic but another rumor is up its hard to determine but this one might look as good as palutena

Its a rumored leak picture of chrom at first it says its just a marth body but some things are not matching marth

If this is Nintendo's joke for this game, I'm disappointed. Seems like a waste of taking advantage of this holiday. Were they actually trying to make us believe that?
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that's Nintendo of America's April Fools Day joke. I doubt the majority of Japan even knows who Nester is.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm not expecting an April Fools day joke, just a random update about game mechanics.
That would be great. Actually, a pic with a tripped character and a "jk" follow up showing the banana item would be kinda conceivable enough as an April Fools joke.

Sakurai is always trolling us.
No, he does not always troll us.

Hell, the only troll attempt he's committed is the one with Waluigi (Not the Toad one, that's not a troll attempt). The Luigi nose pictures are basically used as funny fillers and not used to kill off the anticipation mood. I'd go as far as saying that Sakurai is taking this game seriously especially if we consider the state of the Wii U. Oh, note that I was only referring to the Wii U. Nintendo as a company and the 3DS is perfectly fine

Edit: He's not ****ing around. Now for the rest of those people who keep saying, "Sakurai's trolling", just stop.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Tomorrow will be the confirmation of the return of Snake tripping. :troll:

Actually, the pic of the day will be the exact "leaked" picture of Chrom with the caption of: "Pic of the day, this may look familiar, but notice the lack of my finger in front of the screen. Chrom has joined the battle as an assist trophy! When unleashed he will marry you, which restores a single stock, before launching towards the nearest enemy for a heavy finishing strike! I felt that this fit his character perfectly, though the reason for the finger? Roy has returned to a playable position!"

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I hate April fools and all it stands for, but a "tripping is back!" April fools fake out would just be too perfect.

I'm just wondering when we will get a new Direct. I'm not expecting much for tonight's pic.
Ah brilliant. I thought I was the only one with an Elsa avatar and Elsa signature.
I hate April fools and all it stands for, but a "tripping is back!" April fools fake out would just be too perfect.
It is back.

Through Diddy's banana special

Last edited:
Nope, I've been doing it for a while now. I think your copying me, but all is well. More support for Elsa the better. But I am Elsa lol c:
>_>

I did it since--- Ah **** it, she's awesome

Oh crap, don't go off topic

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
>_>

I did it since--- Ah **** it, she's awesome

Oh crap, don't go off topic
c:

I also think if they did anything with a character, they would like show a part of a character but not enough to show who it was, just to get us thinking or something or just REALLY mess with us.

Also potentially forced tripping through attacks (Marth's down tilt did so in Brawl I believe?) and possibly on stuff like ice.
I meant to say random tripping (or "pratfalls").
Regarding the ice, I think it just drastically decreases your traction.
c:

I also think if they did anything with a character, they would like show a part of a character but not enough to show who it was, just to get us thinking or something or just REALLY mess with us.
Nah. It doesn't really look like something Nintendo would do (Or Sakurai at least). They usually just hide it and let it go at the right moment

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
ELSA STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF!
Well, she did spend most of her young adult life locked in a room with only herself to keep her company so I'm sure it's a habit of hers.

Today we're going to get the announcement of a direct, then when we start the direct it will just be Iwata pointing at the screen. ''You have been fooled. Please understand."

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Todays PotD: Reggie confirmed for smash 4! "My body is ready!"

I do hope todays pic will acknowledge April fools by giving us a even bigger close-up of Luigi's nose.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Warning! Challenger Approaching!
"Pic of the day. That's right, Shadow the Hedgehog joins the battle! The one everyone was clamoring for! Can he surpass Goku?"
follow-up comment
"April Fools, we've had more fun with alternate costumes this time around!"

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Warning! Challenger Approaching!
"Pic of the day. That's right, Shadow the Hedgehog joins the battle! The one everyone was clamoring for! Can he surpass Goku?"
follow-up comment
"April Fools, we've had more fun with alternate costumes this time around!"
I would be very okay with this.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
What was the April Fools day pic back in the Brawl DoJO?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What was the April Fools day pic back in the Brawl DoJO?
They started upsating in May 2007, and by the time April 2008 came around the game was already out so there was no point in joking, people already knew what was in the game since...they had it. The update on March 31st was Wolf, and on April 1st was the Pirate Ship stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom