• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe it's a sample stage, like the three sample stage builder stages that were in Brawl.

It looks way too much like something from Adventure mode or stage builder.

Last edited:

UncleAndross

Smash Cadet
The spring is too out of style with the rest of the level. It is fixed as well, so I feel this is a custom stage.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Interesting. What is it meant to be from?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That's not a dungeon theme from any Zelda game. It must be either Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. Do we have any experts on either of those around?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
A part of me wants it to be a Golden Sun stage, but the other part of me feels let down because it wouldn't be what I'd expect from a Golden Sun stage.

I wonder if us not being able to figure out the franchise is exactly what Sakurai wants. If so it just makes me more suspicious.

It doesn't seem like a Zelda stage to me, doesn't quite feel like Kid Icarus either, but if it's from an existing franchise my bet would be on Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's definitely not Zelda, the typical symbols from that series aren't present. The Ball and Chain is out of place for Kid Icarus, same with Fire Emblem.

I'm honestly stumped.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So we have the pic and the caption. Goody. Spring makes me think stage builder and heck maybe you can put stage builder elements into the normal stages now? I don't know. I'm tired af so goodnight all x.x

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
He doesn't specify a stage, so I think it's his way of saying it's the stage builder without directly saying so.

The Venus de Milo statues in the background are evocative of the old Kid Icarus. This may be a part of the Wii U Kid Icarus level, possibly with a Castle Siege-like transition to different areas.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Really worth pointing out- the English update says it's from "one of the stages", which to me somewhat implies it's not a custom stage. But the Japanese update just says it's a "war" stage (Taisen sute-ji, which I guess is what he calls the battle stages?), which is more ambiguous.

EDit-Oh wait silly me, it's "taisen" as in competitive. So a vs. stage, basically.

Last edited:

UncleAndross

Smash Cadet
The stage seems to lack polish that most other levels have. This makes me feel like it's a custom built stage.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Could be Palutena's Temple stage, working similarly to the FE stage from Brawl. Last time I checked, there have never been stage builder side-scrolling possibilities.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Huh...

Stumped....

Is it one of the Rainfall games?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Definitely isn't anything Kid Icarus. The closest would be inside Palutena's Temple, but the game has no spike balls (with the exception of that one underworld enemy when you hit it with a projectile), no springs (they use jump pads), and there would be prison cells in it. This has to be some stage builder thing.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm leaning towards custom stage, as "one of the stages" in this context could mean any stage really, custom or normal.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Definitely think it's the new stage builder. Like many have pointed out, that spring is a dead give away.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think it's possible the spring from Brawl made it into normal play as an item as well

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Less detailed stage, ambiguous stage hazard, and a spring from previous stage builder. This is a safe bet on stage builder guys.
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced too, but I don't want to get too hyped.
It seems they really upped their game this time if true though.
The scrolling part is the reason why I have doubts... If it wasn't a moving stage, I would've believed it was an editor right away. But moving? Seems pretty messy.
Now that I think about it though, it shouldn't be too complicated. You just create a long custom stage, and then you choose a starting line. The possibility of being broken as hell though is pretty big.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced too, but I don't want to get too hyped.
It seems they really upped their game this time if true though.
The scrolling part is the reason why I have doubts... If it wasn't a moving stage, I would've believed it was an editor right away. But moving? Seems pretty messy.
Now that I think about it though, it shouldn't be too complicated. You just create a long custom stage, and then you choose a starting line. The possibility of being broken as hell though is pretty big.
How can you tell it's scrolling from a still image?

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well he implies its not from adventure mode, and that spring screams Stage Builder, so updated stage builder? With awesome backgrounds and new spike ball hazards. That's pretty awesome.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What are the chances that the spike ball is Kirby considering he turns into one in the past?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That looks like the temple from DKCR.

The temples in DKCR are a little more colorful and tons more cartoony

Edit: LOL, I just noticed the pillars have the original donkey kong level designs painted on them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom