• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're all just jealous of my temple's beauty.

Seriously, it was kind of genius for Sakurai post this image today, even if it was unintentional. That spike ball and spring look like they're there to fool people.

Those things aside, all the rest of the stage looks taken from Uprising. The textures, the art style, the statues and the torches all match. The layout, however, is different, but it doesn't change the fact it's based on Uprising, meaning it's likely that it's the same Wii U Kid Icarus stage from previous pictures.

What if it happens to be a huge stage like Temple or New Pork City instead of a scrolling or moving stage?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
See those statues with the missing heads?

Are there any statues like that in Uprising? If there are, that would be our tell tale sign of this being an Uprising stage.

If it's a KI stage why is the spring there? There is no doubt that's the same one from Brawl's stage builder. Maybe you can use assists from other stages in stage builder. Which is how Brawl's stage builder should have been in the first place.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If it's a KI stage why is the spring there? There is no doubt that's the same one from Brawl's stage builder. Maybe you can use assists from other stages in stage builder. Which is how Brawl's stage builder should have been in the first place.
Well, there were Stage Builder Springs in the DK stage on Brawl. Plus, there are springs in Uprising, so maybe they just use the Brawl springs for whatever reason. ^^

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
What if it happens to be a huge stage like Temple or New Pork City instead of a scrolling or moving stage?
I was thinking about that, but the lighting seems dramatically different than in the other screenshots. This definitely seems to be a semi-enclosed space, so it wouldn't be exactly like New Pork City or Temple, even if it is one giant stage.

See those statues with the missing heads?

Are there any statues like that in Uprising? If there are, that would be our tell tale sign of this being an Uprising stage.
PLATINUM7 beat me to it, but I kinda did post those images on the same exact page you asked the question. lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was thinking about that, but the lighting seems dramatically different than in the other screenshots. This definitely seems to be a semi-enclosed space, so it wouldn't be exactly like New Pork City or Temple, even if it is one giant stage.
The lighting being different isn't a good argument, considering the Spear Pillar had lighting changes depending if you were fighting on the ruins area on the top or on the crystal cave on the bottom part. Same for Luigi's Mansion and being inside or outside of the mansion.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine if Sakurai posted a pic and it was only a filler pic... it would be Sakurai's way of saying "joke is on you for staying up so late, anticipating lulz and trolling and you get nothing!" :troll:
...Man people are REALLY paranoid about April Fools.
Bottom line is, Sakurai is a professional, not some elementary school kid. He's not going to fake info or deceive people for some "holiday" that barely anyone gives half a damn about.
Looks like I made the right call to go to bed... :awesome:

That said, the stage reminds me of this stage builder background.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Seems interesting.
Silly Sockcurry though we would be confuzed.
:p
Edit: Interesting sidenote. I think we pactically have a direct confirmed for thursday. Some news site on twitter leaked that MK8 Will have 4p Grand Prix mode. In the comments for the tweet, he said he and other sites can give out more info on thursday. this matchs up with the gamexplain leak

Last edited:

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Well, there were Stage Builder Springs in the DK stage on Brawl. Plus, there are springs in Uprising, so maybe they just use the Brawl springs for whatever reason. ^^
I haven't seen any springs in either DK Stage, you probably misremember.

Kid Icarus Uprising didn't exactly use springs, they used jump pads.

Staarih

Smash Master
I could see the stage as a two layer stage, with this new pic being the bottom part while the outside area would be the upper part. I think some light can be seen in the upper area and on the spike ball and maybe the spring helps to get up outside. I don't know what the temple is like in Uprising though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Tbh, I think I got my info wrong. There are Spike Balls in Uprising, but it's only an item that orbits around the one who picked it up. Plus I forgot that it isn't "Destroyed" Skyworld, but actually Skyworld looking clean, or in this case, a clean Palutena's Temple.
It's just that Spike Ball and spring confuse me. I'll be a bit sad since I do want a KI stage to be a legal stage. We'll see in the future though.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
So...we have a handheld stage in the Wii U version?

If so,'ll there be a console stage in the 3DS version?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Maybe Smash 4's alleged stage builder won't just allow creating/editing custom maps, but also allow players to edit and mess around with the actual stages that come with both versions of the game.

That would be kind of cool if such a thing actually existed.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Getting Pandora's Tower vibes. However, there's evidence that it's from Kid Icarus and the spring is from the stage builder....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If my temple gets banned, it's because you puny humans can't handle such magnificence. It's not surprising. After all, how can mere mortals even compare to my divinity?

Getting Pandora's Tower vibes. However, there's evidence that it's from Kid Icarus and the spring is from the stage builder....
How dare you think my temple belongs to that sarcastic flame ball!

(Note: Trollutena's views do not reflect those of Frostwraith nor any other member of the SWF staff. I mean, we would ban her, but she's a goddess!)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You're all just jealous of my temple's beauty.

I personally think this stage is going to replace Hyrule Temple and I think that it probably has multiple levels to it with todays' pic being one of the middle ones.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I personally think this stage is going to replace Hyrule Temple and I think that it probably has multiple levels to it with todays' pic being one of the middle ones.
The only thing that can replace Hyrule Temple is Hyrule Temple.
There's just no other stage that matches it's beauty.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only thing that can replace Hyrule Temple is Hyrule Temple.
There's just no other stage that matches it's beauty.
Lies. My temple can replace that other GENERIC Temple! Who does Zelda think she is? A goddess?

Well, it could be a moving stage, a changing stage like Castle Siege, but it may well be this game's version of Temple and New Pork City.

I just find the Brawl spring a little strange, but it doesn't look bad either considering how both Brawl and Uprising were designed by Sakurai and the countless shout-out to other Nintendo franchises present in Kid Icarus.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
April Fools day lol I woke up, came to this site, and saw nothing but blue. I was like wtf

As for the update, looks like the interior of Palutena's Temple, but that spring looks awfully familiar.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
It's possible that the spike ball is one of Kirby's stone transformations, since his Thwomp one also got updated. I really hope it is, because it looks great.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok I saw the picture of the day thank goodness easily no joke picture nice kid Icarus stage (I can tell)

Anyway I think the spring hints stage builder mode accually

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Lies. My temple can replace that other GENERIC Temple! Who does Zelda think she is? A goddess?

Well, it could be a moving stage, a changing stage like Castle Siege, but it may well be this game's version of Temple and New Pork City.

I just find the Brawl spring a little strange, but it doesn't look bad either considering how both Brawl and Uprising were designed by Sakurai and the countless shout-out to other Nintendo franchises present in Kid Icarus.
Isnt zelda
a mortal incarnation of a god meaning a god is replacing a another gods temple :p.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
At first I thought it was something like Takumarus Castle or something, it just looking like the sort. But I guess not considering some of the clues pointing towards Palutenas Temple. I was hoping that stage was a neutral one but oh well i gerss :(

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
At first I thought it was something like Takumarus Castle or something, it just looking like the sort. But I guess not considering some of the clues pointing towards Palutenas Temple. I was hoping that stage was a neutral one but oh well i gerss :(
It probably is neutral, since it probably belongs to the stage builder. The spiked ball could be a new hazard piece

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I hope today's picture is from Stage Builder, not a new stage, although the caption leads me to believe otherwise. The spring looks really out of place, and the general effect of this part of the stage to me is something someone threw together in a few minutes in Stage Builder rather than a stage that does any Nintendo game justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom