• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I have a strong feeling that this will be the new vertical-scrolling stage, which, considering how the original Kid Icarus is played, makes a lot of sense.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If my temple gets banned, it's because you puny humans can't handle such magnificence. It's not surprising. After all, how can mere mortals even compare to my divinity?

How dare you think my temple belongs to that sarcastic flame ball!

(Note: Trollutena's views do not reflect those of Frostwraith nor any other member of the SWF staff. I mean, we would ban her, but she's a goddess!)
Wrong Pandora Trollutena. :estatic:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still not sure what this stage is based on. At first, I thought it was Fire Emblem. Or even something obscure from Zelda, like a Zelda 2 dungeon. I never played Pandora's Tower, so I couldn't tell you if it was from there.

But if it is from Pandora's Tower, can we expect a Xenoblade one? It seems much more popular and important of a game to Nintendo. Though I guess if Shulk is playable, he'd be shown off first wouldn't he?

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If any series is to have a vertical scrolling stage in the Wii U version, it would probably be Kid Icarus. I imagine fights would start in an underworld area, then works its way up through a temple, past the over world, and ending in the sky where Palutena's statue is found. The aesthetics of the stage will take elements from Uprising, but not so much as to make the stage completely based off of Uprising.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still not sure what this stage is based on. At first, I thought it was Fire Emblem. Or even something obscure from Zelda, like a Zelda 2 dungeon. I never played Pandora's Tower, so I couldn't tell you if it was from there.

But if it is from Pandora's Tower, can we expect a Xenoblade one? It seems much more popular and important of a game to Nintendo. Though I guess if Shulk is playable, he'd be shown off first wouldn't he?
What makes you think this stage is something else besides my beautiful, majestic temple?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was looking around and the stage seems to be part of Palutena's temple. (Interior) I wish it was Pandora's Tower though. Project Rainfall needs some Smash love.

Here's an image of what a Neogaf user thinks the stage will look like. (Includes Sonic and the Oreclub)

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Well at least we've narrowed it down to two possibilities, Palutena's Temple or Stage Builder. I want to believe it's Palutena's Temple but a couple things seem out of place. I want to believe it's SB but it looks too nice lol.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What if stage builder allows us to mess with normal stages now?!

Also, here's the proof it's probably Palutena's Temple.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Just slight off topic ness but aren't all of you so relieved that there's no ridley April fools joke picture
Nope, I'm actually disappointed he didn't go for any joke, although I was expecting he wouldn't so whatevs.

Not so happy with this stage any more, so far I hated any stage that had walls in them so I doubt I'll like this one. It looks kinda bland anyway so I can't feel bad about not liking this stage anyway. Good update though, always nice to see something new shown.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm holding out hope that Stage Builder is just much more elaborate this time around (or this is another, separate KI stage) just because I was hoping Palutena's Temple would be.. .well, basic.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It's probably just an extension of Palutena's Temple, but the generic stage builder spring makes me wary to accept that too quickly.

Nope, I'm actually disappointed he didn't go for any joke, although I was expecting he wouldn't so whatevs
What if he did?

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. This may look like a side-scrolling action game, but it's actually one of the stages.
What if he's messing with us and it is part of the Adventure Mode.

Smashy

Smash Cadet
It's probably just an extension of Palutena's Temple, but the generic stage builder spring makes me wary to accept that too quickly.

What if he did?

What if he's messing with us and it is part of the Adventure Mode.
Or What if He Added that Spring TO Troll Us? He Can Add/Take Away anything he'd WANT! But I Like the Idea of Adventure Mode, But he Did Say He was taking it away.. (Which You Know Sakurai, He could have Added it and We Dunno!)

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why but when I first saw the stage I thought it was sewer area of Rougeport too bad at a secound look I saw I was wrong

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know about editing normal stages, but if this is indeed a Stage Builder photo, I think it suggests that we have Nintendo-themed items and backgrounds to work with this time instead of just generic stuff.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm doubting that it's a custom stage mainly because he said that it was one of THE stages. Yes it technically means that it's just a stage but I think the article THE means that it's a predefined stage and not a custom one. Otherwise, he would have said just it's A stage not one of THE (all stages) stages.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wish this level wasn't Palutena's Temple. I wanted that to be a neutral stage so i could take people there at tourneys and use Pit and codec call everyone =/

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm doubting that it's a custom stage mainly because he said that it was one of THE stages. Yes it technically means that it's just a stage but I think the article THE means that it's a predefined stage and not a custom one. Otherwise, he would have said just it's A stage not one of THE (all stages) stages.
Do remember, it's April Fools.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What bothers me the most is that it looks like you could reach that ledge with a double jump (or even the platform in Yoshi's Flutter Jump and most recoveries), but yet there's a spring. Strange.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As an English major with a tendency to hang up on semantics, part of me agrees. But, translation can be a problem sometimes with these posts so I just figure there's some room for interpretation there.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
As an English major with a tendency to hang up on semantics, part of me agrees. But, translation can be a problem sometimes with these posts so I just figure there's some room for interpretation there.
Well, can anyone check the japanese post? google translate didn't help me.

EDIT: remember that it's Sakurai's staff that translates the post

Last edited:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Kid Icarus: Uprising has jump pads that appear on many levels, including this one, so perhaps the spring is just a placeholder. Heck, they could simply not bother creating an actual jump pad, since they already have a similar object within the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was looking around and the stage seems to be part of Palutena's temple. (Interior) I wish it was Pandora's Tower though. Project Rainfall needs some Smash love.

Here's an image of what a Neogaf user thinks the stage will look like. (Includes Sonic and the Oreclub)

If that's how the stage looks it'd explain why the environment looked so bland in the first photo. Would be a really cool stage actually.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well, can anyone check the japanese post? google translate didn't help me.

EDIT: remember that it's Sakurai's staff that translates the post
I know who the translator is, but that doesn't remove these sort of issues. I don't have a great understanding of Japanese, but even in more similar languages like Spanish vs. English there's certain words that just don't translate or ideas that just don't have appropriate words.

It's just a thought, honestly I doubt it's stage builder myself but still.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What bothers me the most is that it looks like you could reach that ledge with a double jump (or even the platform in Yoshi's Flutter Jump and most recoveries), but yet there's a spring. Strange.
Strange right? I'm betting on Stage Builder, with the new function of adding hazards and platforms.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Kid Icarus: Uprising has jump pads that appear on many levels, including this one, so perhaps the spring is just a placeholder. Heck, they could simply not bother creating an actual jump pad, since they already have a similar object within the game.
Another thought is jump pads are on the ground and the spring would better show where the momentum-inducer is located?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with it's the temple.

Semi-related note: anyone else see the forums gone wonky?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like this part of the stage, but I feel it uses really simple geometry, like perfect edges and such. I'd like to see some more interesting constructions or textures here.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Another thought is jump pads are on the ground and the spring would better show where the momentum-inducer is located?
That would make sense, although I suppose once one actually uses the jump pad, the effects would become apparent.

Maybe they just don't want people to accidentally roll or get knocked into the jump pad, so with the spring you need to intentionally bounce up. Also, perhaps the reason there's a spring there in the first place is because there's an opening in the ceiling leading outside, since I believe I see some rays of light shining in from above.

Smashy

Smash Cadet
Hence the Troll! Sakurai has the Power to Add things for Trolling!

How does this Sum up the Current Events, SmashBoard's?!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice

This is pretty much what I believe the stage layout looks like, except the spring shouldn't be directly under the ceiling, and it isn't meant to lift players up onto the platform with Villager. Instead, I believe that the purpose of the spring is to send players up and out of the interior section of the stage.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, that image/doodle of the stage layout is exactly what I had in mind, with the spring bouncing the characters to the upper layer. I guess it'll take a while to know for sure though, and it could still end up being something completely different haha!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Japanese doesn't have articles and they don't distinguish definiteness (they don't distinguish between "a stage" and "the stage"). The presence of "the" is a result of the translation, and if the translator is only working off the image and caption, he wouldn't know whether to use "the" or "a".

Plugging the Japanese text into Google Translate gives something which is ambiguous between the two possibilities in English ("but this is also fighting stage"). It sounds a little bit more like the meaning "it is a (fighting stage/multiplayer stage/Vs. Mode stage)" but like I said, Japanese doesn't make the same distinctions we do, so it could also be "one of the fighting stages" for all I know.

Thinking too deeply about the English captions can be a mistake. But especially with regards to grammatical distinctions, since Japanese does not make many distinctions that English does (and vice versa). I wouldn't read too much into things like tense or plural vs. singular etc. unless it's clear from the picture or the Japanese text is unambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom