• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
so toon link can have a different final smash then normal link?
This. I personally want every character to have a unique Final Smash, especially Toon Link because of all the similarities he already shares with regular Link. To me, characters sharing the same Final Smash was one of the more disappointing things about Brawl.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Basically my point. I think I could even say that Negative Zone is actually a progression of him dealing with his inner turmoil of trying to prove on everyone not even knowing him compared to Mario that he wasn't anymore the "Green Mario from the 80's-90's" because he actually managed to establish a personality and own accomplishment that wasn't a horrid game (Mario is Missing derp). Come in these years where he got more spotlight than ever before and got to establish finally himself as different persona from Mario, and you can see why Poltergust makes sense, as it is an embodiment of that. His big heart enables him to fight against his biggest fears.
SPOILERS FOR DREAM TEAM'S BEST MOMENT:
[collapse=Spoilers]When Luigi faced againist Giant Bowser and he had that smug look on his face, I totally lost my ****, I'd love there to be a 'Giant Battle' event on a Dream Team stage with Luigi againist Bowser.[/collapse]
This. I personally want every character to have a unique Final Smash, especially Toon Link because of all the similarities he already shares with regular Link. To me, characters sharing the same Final Smash was one of the more disappointing things about Brawl.
Well, the Landmasters were pretty lame, but the Triforce Slash was so friggin' awesome that I didn't even care, and something tells me that Toon Link's borrowed some moves from Project M, I dunno, some of his screenshots look weird, like they're not the same moves from Brawl.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This website hates me...

Sorry guys....

I may not be the only one to think this but the presence of a final smash and lack if a character this month leads me to believe we have all of the starting roster (except for newcomers) and we will be getting final smashes monthly until release.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I may not be the only one to think this but the presence of a final smash and lack if a character this month leads me to believe we have all of the starting roster (except for newcomers) and we will be getting final smashes monthly until release.
Or, it could be that they didn't have much this month.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well duh... Other than all the stages and items.
Well, hopefully April goes better.
Heck, I'm excited.

The 29th is the anniversary of Ball.
I know he's very much a post-release character. But knowing Toon Link...

You'd think getting an unexpected error each time you post meant that your content wasn't posted lol.
It happens...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What part of he could be showing characters for special cases and the rumor of him showing all characters before release so theres no spoilers that you don't understand.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What part of he could be showing characters for special cases and the rumor of him showing all characters before release so theres no spoilers that you don't understand.
Well.... I don't see what I did to warrant such hostility... sorry I didn't look to see your post earlier.

I highly doubt we are getting all characters before release. Rumors are usually wrong. I don't know why Sakurai would spoil the game himself. I'm sure you could come up with plenty of reasons as to why those things are true but in the end it will be wrong.

D

Deleted member

If think everyone from brawl will come back, with the exception of snake. I expect there to be 10 newcomers, the 5 we already have, and the last 5 would hopefully go to: a non sword using FE rep, Issac from golden sun, Takamaru, Tom Nook, and Pac-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If think everyone from brawl will come back, with the exception of snake. I expect there to be 9 newcomers, the 4 we already have, and the last 5 would hopefully go to: a non sword using FE rep, Issac from golden sun, Takamaru, Tom Nook, and Pac-Man.
I cant quite agree with those characters....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well.... I don't see what I did to warrant such hostility... sorry I didn't look to see your post earlier.

I highly doubt we are getting all characters before release. Rumors are usually wrong. I don't know why Sakurai would spoil the game himself. I'm sure you could come up with plenty of reasons as to why those things are true but in the end it will be wrong.
He got rid of subspace adventure type because of people posting the cutscenes on youtube for spoilers I think he going to reduce spoilers as best as possible thats the connection for me of why I think he could be showing all characters

But yes I do believe we are not getting everyone before the release

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He got rid of subspace adventure type because of people posting the cutscenes on youtube for spoilers I think he going to reduce spoilers as best as possible
Yea but thats like a story mode though. Characters are different imo. I think by cutting Subspace he has already accomplished reducing the kind of internet spoilers he wanted.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If think everyone from brawl will come back, with the exception of snake. I expect there to be 10 newcomers, the 5 we already have, and the last 5 would hopefully go to: a non sword using FE rep, Issac from golden sun, Takamaru, Tom Nook, and Pac-Man.
What no ridley nor palutena nor mewtwo (though a veteran though but still considered a newcomer)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

not to sure about ridley, but forgot about mewtwo.

At the end of they day, I'm only rooting for Issac, because alot of people have never played his franchise and getting him in the main roster will surely boost his popularity and awareness.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
What if this is not his final smash and the aura is just around him to trick us out, then tomorrow we get a PoTD saying "Luigis Down Special, the Poltergust, most certainly does not suck! ... well a bit..."

Just a theory, I doubt it will actually happen, but I think it would be a good April Fools joke to pull something from right under our noses (Luigis Nose Joke btw high five)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well... 'No Character March' is a real thing. I wonder why he didn't reveal a character?

But hey hey, POLTERGUST! Awesome idea.. better than Negative Zone.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
not to sure about ridley, but forgot about mewtwo.

At the end of they day, I'm only rooting for Issac, because alot of people have never played his franchise and getting him in the main roster will surely boost his popularity and awareness.
You forgot palutena as well.

Yea but thats like a story mode though. Characters are different imo. I think by cutting Subspace he has already accomplished reducing the kind of internet spoilers he wanted.
Yea I forgot that part but anyway

But you forgot a crucial part you forgot there are atill plenty of veterans who were starters in brawl not revealed yet.

Shiek, zero suit samus, meta knight, pokemon trainer, ike (though I think he's getting kicked), yoshi, ice climbers, wario, and lucas (even though he might be kicked as well)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You know, I've just realized how much fan service we've seen in this installment already.

An Animal Crossing character. Little Mac. Mega Man. The Cuccos. Luigi's Poltergust. Sonic's return, and probably no cuts. Heck, a lot of the stages seem like they were highly wanted, like Mario Galaxy, the boxing ring, Gerudo Valley, etc.

However, there are quite a few surprises still in there, such as Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, the Pilotwings stage, Mother Brain AT, the Ore Club, and so many more.

I think this is shaping up to be the best Smash yet. I've got to find some way to express this excitement I have.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Well... 'No Character March' is a real thing. I wonder why he didn't reveal a character?

Maybe he wanted to show off other stuff? Maybe we needed a break from character reveals?

This character-free month of March changes nothing. We'll still get reveals until the game's release, and maybe even beyond that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know, I've just realized how much fan service we've seen in this installment already.

An Animal Crossing character. Little Mac. Mega Man. The Cuccos. Luigi's Poltergust. Sonic's return, and probably no cuts. Heck, a lot of the stages seem like they were highly wanted, like Mario Galaxy, the boxing ring, Gerudo Valley, etc.

However, there are quite a few surprises still in there, such as Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, the Pilotwings stage, Mother Brain AT, the Ore Club, and so many more.

I think this is shaping up to be the best Smash yet. I've got to find some way to express this excitement I have.

ALL ABOARD!!!!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Plain and simple for no character reveal for march I am 98% sure a newcomer is the next character and its a third hype character

(Which would be mewtwo or ridley or palutena or some WTF character)

Back on topic luigi's plot gusher is the starting pistal for final smash Potd's

And I seriously doubt he's going to do a April fools joke about ssb4 if he did the picture would magicly change to the real one in a few hours

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I cant quite agree with those characters....
No Ridley, No Shoes, no service.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Japan doesn't really do April Fools, so don't expect anything like that tomorrow, even if it's a glorious day.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
A new final smash for a vet is a great way to end the month. I love that the vets are being tweaked and IMO it's a better update than a simple vet reveal that we expect to return anyway..

Bout time they got rid of that corny Negative Zone. I hated the fact that his Final Smash wasn't based on Canon Mario games.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Japan doesn't really do April Fools, so don't expect anything like that tomorrow, even if it's a glorious day.
I thought they didn't do St. Valentines day, but Sakurai did make a mention to it before the Little Mac reveal.

Dairz

Smash Ace
These Luigi changes are great so far:
-New jumping animation (possibly effects jump height/fall speed)
-New Final Smash
-Improved nose

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
These Luigi changes are great so far:
-New jumping animation (possibly effects jump height/fall speed)
-New Final Smash
-Improved nose
Most importantly the HIGH DEFINITION NOSE.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I thought they didn't do St. Valentines day, but Sakurai did make a mention to it before the Little Mac reveal.
I think its because these holidays are so popularized in the West that they give a little bit of acknowledgement. But really, who "celebrates" April Fools' Day nowadays?

EDIT: Actually never mind, I'm just reminding myself of how many video game companies do those April Fool hoaxes.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think its because these holidays are so popularized in the West that they give a little bit of acknowledgement. But really, who "celebrates" April Fools' Day nowadays?
*Raises Hand*

April Fools is the celebration of all funny and slightly cynical. Laughter is the pepper of Life! In fact, my brother playing Metroid Prime right now has no idea....

Renji64

Smash Lord
Hoping mario get some changes as well final smash wise and moveset wise i would be so happy if the fludd was removed and replace with his old down b. The fludd is so useless for me if i want to edgeguard i just use the cape.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well its a bit ovious how the polterguster is going to work

It sucks in the characters and probably works on items too and he shoots them back out after it ends or be able too during it

And as for Aprils fools day picture a eureka momment became it might be about diddy kongs banana peels since slipping on one is a funny stunt

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
This is the best update yet. As a Luigi main, this deeply satisfies me. Please no April fools joke Sakurai. Remember the whole Sonic and Tails thing in Melee. Now imagine that but with Ridley instead. This place will go to hell in a handbasket.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Hoping mario get some changes as well final smash wise and moveset wise i would be so happy if the fludd was removed and replace with his old down b. The fludd is so useless for me if i want to edgeguard i just use the cape.
Mario was main until Brawl. I hate the fact that they gave him Fludd. Such a useless move.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice

This. I believe there is a lot more love for the real fans in this new smash. I absolutely loved today's pick and is the first one to really get me hyped for a looooong time. Hoping for some more brand new final smashes.
Also, this could also go with that theory that says there will be two final smashes per character and we'll be seeing the return of the negative zone. Who knows? Who cares! I loved this!

Renji64

Smash Lord
Mario was main until Brawl. I hate the fact that they gave him Fludd. Such a useless move.
Same I mained him in n64/Melee I can't deal with brawl mario i had to move on and drop him for good. If smash 4 mario is pretty much the same with a buff fludd i guess me and mario are done for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom