• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This update is really cool. People have wanted the Poltergust for so long, and here it is in all its glory, replacing Mr. Luigi's Wild Trip Ride. I'm not even mad that we missed a character for March. Please Sakurai, make Final Smash Mondays a thing.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
Leonyx the Lurker comes back. I know you all love the suck puns, but I just wanted to throw in a bit of speculation.

The Poltergust 3000 does not only suck ghost and random items, but elements as well (at least in the original Luigi's Mansion, as I haven't played the new one). Maybe the final smash could absorb elements from opponents, and spit them back out at them? Or at least it could just come equipped with an element beforehand and Luigi spits that out.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ah, Poltergust, awesome! Hoping for more changed Final Smashes! I think Olimar is bound to have a different one at least, right?
Well with his former one being relegated to an item now i think its very possible

It literally has nothing to do with anything Link ever does in any games. Its great and all but Id rather something that actually has to do with the actual series.
Link pretty much has most of the things he can do within his games, and even then his current final smash is better then anything they could substitute it with. I still think its awesome and worked really well, i mean we havent really seen any legit functions for the triforce of courage, so why not?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You're not me and you don't pull it off as well. Try another face of neutrality that's often misread as condescending.
THAT'S supposed to be neutral? I always thought you were trying to convey orgasmic bliss. I NEVER would have guessed neutral.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Luigi has the Poltergust now? Can't say I'm not surprised. Quite the unexpected way to finish the month.

Given Luigi's pose, it looks like he's just activated the move. I wonder how exactly will it work.

On the other hand, there's always the possibility this could be a replacement Down Special, considering we've never seen his Down Special move on any of the daily pictures and you can use special moves (besides Neutral) while having the Final Smash on standby. While possible, I think it would be too trollish on Sakurai's part to do such a thing...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What if this is a transformation FS and once the Poltergust is out? Luigi gets an entirely different moveset for a short period of time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*wakes up randomly*

Yes... simply, yes. This is awesome on a lot of levels.

1. Final Smashes are finally being shown in pics of the day.
2. It's confirmation that some veterans will get new brand Final Smashes. (Gives me hope for:mario2::peach::dk2::toonlink::pit:)

3. Luigi finally has the Poltergust.

4. March ended up being 19 for 21, with 8 more new pics than both January and February.

Now we see if the Nintendo Direct is coming soon...

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
One Nintendo Direct aired on the same day as the release date of NES Remix on December 18.

With the upcoming NES Remix 2 with its confirmed release date, we might get Nintendo Direct on that day: April 25. Looks like we'd have to wait for quite a while.

Although hopefully that isn't the case especially because NES Remix 2 was announced before unlike the original NES Remix.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Gonna predict some Final Smash Changes.

DK: Finishing Strike. The move he does whe he finishes off bosses in Returns and Tropical Freeze. DK will lunge forward, trap One foe, and barrage him with hits. Almost certain to KO, though only one opponent.

Toon Link: Four Sword Spin. Three different colored Toon Links appears, they make a back-to-back formation, and makes a Great Spin. You spin around, jumping, and slashes. Not super strong, but easy to hit with.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Great to see this update, Luigi finally got the final smash he deserves.

I'm really liking this whole 'we're on schedule' thing they seem to have going for smash 4. The final smashes and other stuff in Brawl really showed they were on a tight schedule. Hopefully this game is going to show off they weren't this time around.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
*wakes up randomly*

Yes... simply, yes. This is awesome on a lot of levels.

1. Final Smashes are finally being shown in pics of the day.
2. It's confirmation that some veterans will get new brand Final Smashes. (Give me hope for:mario2::peach::dk2::toonlink::pit:)

3. Luigi finally has the Poltergust.

4. March ended up being 19 for 21, with 8 more new pics than both January and February.

Now we see if the Nintendo Direct is coming soon...
Are you kidding me? Why would they replace the Triforce Slash!? It's AWESOME!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This made my day more than any veteran could. Thank you, Sakurai, you handsome devil you.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I am glad that they changed Luigi´s Final Smash.

I hope they change DK´s final smash for rambi and Pit´s Final smash to the mecha angel thing that he uses.

D

Deleted member

As a Luigi fan, I am more than glad to see Luigi's Final Smash be his Poltergust. It just makes absolute sense to me.

I hated his Final Smash in Brawl because it didn't make much sense towards Luigi's character. Also, I hated that freaking dance. By the time the dance was over, the opponents have already escaped, making the Final Smash rather useless in that regard.

What I'm also happy about Luigi's Final Smash being the Poltergust is that it means that it won't replace Luigi's down special, the Luigi Cyclone. I was tired of hearing suggestions that the Poltergust should replace the Luigi Cyclone, which would hurt Luigi's recovery tremendously.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
As a Luigi fan, I am more than glad to see Luigi's Final Smash be his Poltergust. It just makes absolute sense to me.

I hated his Final Smash in Brawl because it didn't make much sense towards Luigi's character. Also, I hated that freaking dance. By the time the dance was over, the opponents have already escaped, making the Final Smash rather useless in that regard.

What I'm also happy about Luigi's Final Smash being the Poltergust is that it means that it won't replace Luigi's down special, the Luigi Cyclone. I was tired of hearing suggestions that the Poltergust should replace the Luigi Cyclone, which would hurt Luigi's recovery tremendously.
It kinda does make sense for his character, though. ^^ It's about Luigi being Number 2, Always in Mario's shadow, thus his 'Negative Powers' for being second every time. I do agree, though, that it's awesome he uses something he actually does in his games, though. :)

Oh, and really? Pretty much every time I used it, they got so trapped in the Dance that I could KO them all with his Up Special. :/

D

Deleted member

It kinda does make sense for his character, though. ^^ It's about Luigi being Number 2, Always in Mario's shadow, thus his 'Negative Powers' for being second every time. I do agree, though, that it's awesome he uses something he actually does in his games, though. :)

Oh, and really? Pretty much every time I used it, they got so trapped in the Dance that I could KO them all with his Up Special. :/
In a way, that made sense towards his character, but at the same time... it was random.

That happens some times for me. Other times, my opponents would hilariously tumble in the air and fall of the stage. Most of the time, my opponents escape. The long dance and poor range of the attack in larger stages makes it difficult to get a KO with. It was a rather disappointing and frustrating Final Smash.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
In a way, that made sense towards his character, but at the same time... it was random.

That happens some times for me. Other times, my opponents would hilariously tumble in the air and fall of the stage. Most of the time, my opponents escape. The long dance and poor range of the attack in larger stages makes it difficult to get a KO with. It was a rather disappointing and frustrating Final Smash.
I agree it was very random (but Random is good at times). And yes, the effect on opponents is very random as well. From tripping, forces taunting, tumbling, even Weeds on their heads. But using it Close to foes, I Always got at least one KO. ^^

But, Negative Zone is a thing in the past now. Onto Poltergust!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I must admit I'm a bit disappointed. I actually liked his FS.
I think it's possible that we're being faked out and it's actually his grab, but at least this gives some indication that Falco will not just "...Prefer the air!" but also use a vehicle that actually reflects that preference.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Like I said a while ago, I think this part of Luigi has been beaten to death and become quite irrevelant as of late, with Year of Luigi not only giving him spotlight for one 356 days, we also got to see Luigi in his finest. It'd make sense for SSB4 to embrace what makes Luigi only himself and not getting compared on Mario like he'd been for all the years before Luigi's Mansion. So yeah, I think Poltergust is much better fit as FS, as it emphasizes more on Luigi's own accomplishments and strengths from his last adventures, particularly triumphing over defeating his biggest fear: ghosts. And he went to do all of this just for love.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
YES OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED BY MASTER SAMURAI SAKOORAI SAKURAI

Seriously, I'm so happy the Poltergust is finally part of Luigi.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Like I said a while ago, I think this part of Luigi has been beaten to death and become quite irrevelant as of late, with Year of Luigi not only giving him spotlight for one 356 days, we also got to see Luigi in his finest. It'd make sense for SSB4 to embrace what makes Luigi only himself and not getting compared on Mario like he'd been for all the years before Luigi's Mansion. So yeah, I think Poltergust is much better fit as FS, as it emphasizes more on Luigi's own accomplishments and strengths from his last adventures, particularly triumphing over defeating his biggest fear: ghosts. And he went to do all of this just for love.
I personally find the Negative Zone very interesting and fitting to the character, but since Dream Team, I think Negative Zone's not 'canon' anymore, we saw Luigi overcome his biggest fears and finally stand up for himself :D And on Dream's Deep, you can see how he feels nothing but appreciation for his brother.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Now, don't get me wrong, cuz'I agree on all that. ^^ I just meant that Negative Zone did make sense, in a lot of ways.

Poltergust is many times better, of course.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally find the Negative Zone very interesting and fitting to the character, but since Dream Team, I think Negative Zone's not 'canon' anymore, we saw Luigi overcome his biggest fears and finally stand up for himself :D And on Dream's Deep, you can see how he feels nothing but appreciation for his brother.
Basically my point. I think I could even say that Negative Zone is actually a progression of him dealing with his inner turmoil of trying to prove on everyone not even knowing him compared to Mario that he wasn't anymore the "Green Mario from the 80's-90's" because he actually managed to establish a personality and own accomplishment that wasn't a horrid game (Mario is Missing derp). Come in these years where he got more spotlight than ever before and got to establish finally himself as different persona from Mario, and you can see why Poltergust makes sense, as it is an embodiment of that. His big heart enables him to fight against his biggest fears.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I thought Negative Zone was a fun final smash, but it's also nice to see a larger nod to Luigi's Mansion this time around. We'll have to wait to see how the new final smash works, but I could see it ending up pretty similar to Kirby's where it has a pretty large range and sucks in items and players for low/moderate damage or being a smash where you can move and jump for some length of time to try to catch other players for higher damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom