• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My only quarrel with Ganon or Shiek being revealed atm is that the Zelda franchise already has a lot of stuff shown in the game (3 characters, 2 stages, 2 new items iirc). Might as well give us a Starfox character or stage to balance things out, although Diddy would be the better choice tomorrow. I don't recall any DK related stuff happening after the US version of Tropical Freeze being released for some time (or maybe I don't know), so might as well make it count. It's like that supposed Rosalina buildup in December iirc (via playable in 3D world), which some of us never knew was gonna happen.
To make it short, we need a break from Zelda-related stuff for a bit, and Diddy would be the best choice for a reveal tomorrow.
(though they should change his Down-B so we won't have more banana problems.)
Mario's franchise had all veterans revealed before a newcomer, a shiek and ganondorf confirmation in the near future may imply a Zelda newcomer is on it's way.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Trust me, I know every characater has fans, but there doesnt seem to be too many players who want Rosalina in Smash
Probably because of how large the mario franchise is and the whole argument that characters with the most history/appearances/iconicness/importance will make it in. (A lot of people thought Bowser Jr. or Toad would make the cut. Some even thought Waluigi of all characters had a chance.) But in terms of fans Rosalina and Galaxy do have a large fan base especially for a recent character and a female nintendo character. So I think she had less of a presence in some people's smash dream rosters just because they thought she couldn't make the cut.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think we will get diddy tomorrow I know I can't predict him but. He found out about the direct so decided to reveal a non DK newcomer instead. So to troll us. And he must know about another version of DK tropical freeze next week. So he might be revealing diddy kong for that even though it's not japan.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Since a lot of people bet that Diddy is going to show up I predict that we will get a pic on luigi's nose with a little of Little Mac thrown right in

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah, I think we're getting diddy tonight/tomorrow

His down-b could be shown. thus hopefully, reducing the chances of a tag team with dixie.

If he doesn't show its fine, just odd that we gotten nothing DK this month.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I think we're getting diddy tonight/tomorrow

His down-b could be shown. thus hopefully, reducing the chances of a tag team with dixie.

If he doesn't show its fine, just odd that we gotten nothing DK this month.
His Down B will still be used for flinging. But not bananas. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I'm just going to wait it out and see as things seem a little too iffy in regards to who gets revealed tomorrow. Diddy, Sheik, Ganondorf, Falco or Wolf.... Or maybe even no one and it's just the usual PotD.... (Non Japanese releases and Anniversaries haven't really proven to be the most reliable ways to determine character reveals)

I'll just wait it out...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When I saw this post earlier this morning I was dying of laughter, have a sense of humor mods... Wouldn't call it off topic as I think it was the way a lot of us felt from today's picture of the day.

Something better to edit out would be the multiple postings of the picture of the day.
Yeah... if people could stop blaming all the mods for the way this thread is now set up, that would be great... Also, word to the wise, don't poke the bear and if you guys have further complaints it would be better to simply PM us instead of posting it here. This being said, you're most definitely allowed to question "our" actions but this isn't the proper place for it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wasn't complaining. I don't think I'll ever do something that bad to get banned, so a couple of warnings don't bother me. I was simply surprised by getting one for that reason but eh, I'll sleep anyway.

Anyway, if not Diddy, I hope it's at least a new stage. This was a very boring week, and it's shaping up to be a pretty slow month aside from Little Mac which is basically the only big thing shown in February.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mac was a pretty big deal though in the grand scheme of things. I'd also argue that the Mother Brain reveal was pretty great too. Even if things don't pan out tonight, there's still five updates left for this month.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
My gut feeling is telling me Captain Falcon is gonna get revealed tomorrow, that or a new DK stage. For some reason I just don't see Diddy happening just yet, I feel he's still in the works or something, changing up some of his moves or maybe working on a Dixie implementation although I highly doubt that.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's probably not going to be Diddy, but if it's going to be someone it's going to be Diddy. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a DK stage, or even more interesting a DK assist trophy.

I'm scared to post in this thread now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I have a prediction for tomorrow's pic.....

We'll see a character.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
When do you guys think we will get Megaman, Villager and Rosalina's final smash revealed??
Some part of me thinks maybe they aren't even implemented yet, just because we've seen the other ones so I can't think of another good reason haha.

So who knows? Maybe it won't be till E3? That way we can actually see them in action.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
When do you guys think we will get Megaman, Villager and Rosalina's final smash revealed??
Judging by the lack of shown final smashes, it might take awhile. It kinda seems they are on a lower priority since they only showed us the very obvious choices so far and they haven't shown if the veterans get new ones or different ones. I feel like most of them just aren't done yet so they'll start to showcase them closer to release.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Some part of me thinks maybe they aren't even implemented yet, just because we've seen the other ones so I can't think of another good reason haha.

So who knows? Maybe it won't be till E3? That way we can actually see them in action.
Judging by the lack of shown final smashes, it might take awhile. It kinda seems they are on a lower priority since they only showed us the very obvious choices so far and they haven't shown if the veterans get new ones or different ones. I feel like most of them just aren't done yet so they'll start to showcase them closer to release.
On a point like this, I would agree with all of you, but WFT and Little Mac's Final Smashes were already revealed. Im pretty sure their FS are already done, but theyll be better and Sakurai probably wants to save them for later

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
On a point like this, I would agree with all of you, but WFT and Little Mac's Final Smashes were already revealed. Im pretty sure their FS are already done, but theyll be better and Sakurai probably wants to save them for later
Maybe we're gonna have a "Final Smash Reel" or something, showcasing all the Final Smashes for the characters that have already been revealed.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I just think they were implemented first because they are newcomers and those need to be fully thought out before creation. In WFT and Mac's cases it's pretty obvious what their FS's would look like, the Wii Fit FS is just too good of an idea to replace and Giga Mac was kinda given after the wii game. Rosalina, Villager and Megaman however have quite an array of ideas that could be turned into good FS's so they're probably still looking into those.

I mean, no one can tell how their development goes but I think it's a safe assumption only these FS's are shown first because they were the first to be done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom