• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If March ends up being the only month since the reveal almost a year ago without any character announcement, I seriously don't know what to think anymore. The Miiverse updates are such a random mess.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Or rather we have raised our expectations rather high.
No. Between January and the first mid of February we got FOUR ****ING CHARACTERS.
Expecting at least ONE in the month and a half right after, especially when a big game starring one of the characters missing comes out, it's not having ****ing high expectations.
What should we have thought? "Oh yeah, six characters in a little more than a couple of months! We're totally getting NOTHING now!".
Because that makes so much sense, right?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Are people operating under the assumption that the miiverse posts aren't supposed to be a random mess? Or that the Brawl Dojo wasn't supposed to be a random mess? Isn't that exactly what Sakurai is going for? Isn't that obvious?

I mean if you don't like the way the updates are done fine. But if you keep on assuming that the updates are in fact something they aren't and you're continually disappointed by that...that's kind of your problem. If that makes sense, I'm having trouble articulating my point. People seem to keep coming up with assumptions that I have no idea how they came up with, and being surprised when they fall through, when all evidence says the updates are supposed to be random and unpredictable(although so far Sakurai has done a dubious job of that). You're looking for sense from someone who doesn't intend to make sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, just watch.
He reveals two characters together on the last day of March with the caption:
"Pic of the day. What did we miss?"

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Some leaked material that was supposed to be released next week (Direct incoming?). It's some crazy dubstep-based Nintendo game, apparently.
I'd be all over a dubstep rhythm game with Nintendo characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Or rather we have raised our expectations rather high.
Not really. We're used to getting 1-2 characters every month, so it's natural to expect a veteran reveal in March.

Well, we still have a couple days left. Let's see how they go.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You know, just watch.
He reveals two characters together on the last day of March with the caption:
"Pic of the day. What did we miss?"
If we're to believe that character announcements are spaced with some form of prior planning, which I have no doubt they are, has anybody actually tried tearing the site apart, down to source code, in the search for dead links, graphical edits, etc, etc? If we're to believe these announcements are planned then the day before an announcement it would stand to reason that template changes would be made to make space for the new characters profile - as in their image, box, page. I know that when we had important announcements to make (spoilers, reviews of episodes yet to air) on the LOST site I used to help run, changes were made in the days prior to smooth posting and streamline the posting of information. I don't doubt the same will be done in this case.

Edit: Well, using a mobile app that allows me to read source code (primitive in comparison to software), it's clear the images folder has been locked. Suggests that imagery is likely uploaded prior to a leak, hence the restrictions. Could probably do a far more comprehensive search on a PC.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Nice returning assist trophy.

Still two weekdays left of March for a veteran reveal, hoping tomorrow we'll see one.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hey that Assist Trophy I hated. Cool.

But honestly, it is pretty cool, it's been a good week and a great month honestly. Character or not.

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Okay I'm gonna take a shot at what tomorrow's PotD will be...

1. Any Veteran Character
2. Just another pic
3. New item/Returning
4. A New Character

juddy96

Smash Lord
Crystal ball, what are we getting tomorrow?

A new stage.

From what series crystal ball?

Star Fox.

Is everyone going to complain about lack of a character even though it could be the most bad*** stage in the game?

Of course.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm honestly curious how any of you would have survived the drought between Dedede and Olimar in Brawl. Not to mention we got a release date delay in that time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm honestly curious how any of you would have survived the drought between Dedede and Olimar in Brawl. Not to mention we got a release date delay in that time.
To be fair it was actually a very frustrating time to be a Smash fan. What was it, 3 months between Dedede and Olimar?

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Brawl's wait totally ruined my life of that period. The only game that affected my sleep, for now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think I went slightly mad during that time. It's also when I found smashboards so make of that what you will.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
If we get ZSS we can almost guarantee a week dedicated to her lying down in questionably sexual poses.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I just want a character reveal so this thread can start speculating/appreciating other types of posts again.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
To be fair it was actually a very frustrating time to be a Smash fan. What was it, 3 months between Dedede and Olimar?
Still doesn't come close to the 7-month wait between Brawl's May reveal and the December '06 trailer that showed off a few new stages...and Fox.

Or the wait from that December trailer to May '07, when the Brawl Dojo got a revamp and started updating regularly.

And it wasn't until August 1st that we got the first newcomer (Ike) after the initial trailer.

On a somewhat positive note, it gave my 13-14 year old self plenty of time to fantasize what Brawl would be like. The summer of '06 was awesome. Still was a bit boring between the updates, though...

If we get ZSS we can almost guarantee a week dedicated to her lying down in questionably sexual poses.
And would those pics also involve Wii Fit Trainer? (staring down at ZSS after beating her up)

Anyway, 5 more days until April 1st. I think there's a 70-80% chance of some kind of big reveal in that time...hopefully...

-----

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I didn't- Olimar was my most wanted character. Every day he wasn't revealed i died a little inside. He ended the character drought of 2007-2008. He's a good man =' )

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Tomorrow's pic will have the phantom and Zelda in it, but without explaining or even acknowledging the existence of the two. Maybe have Mario shielding the attack with a caption that says "shields can still be used to absorb enemy blows! Good timing Mario!"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We must have patience. I want new stuff and character reveals as much as the next guy, but then I remember the conditions of Sakurai's hands. Cut the guy some slack. It's not like he can make everyone happy.
I mean look at me, all I care about is something interesting, and KI stuff, even if it's a pic with Pit in it, but I can be patient. Just give him time. I'm sure as it gets closer to release time, we get even more goodies... maybe even music samples if we're lucky.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We must have patience. I want new stuff and character reveals as much as the next guy, but then I remember the conditions of Sakurai's hands. Cut the guy some slack. It's not like he can make everyone happy.
I mean look at me, all I care about is something interesting, and KI stuff, even if it's a pic with Pit in it, but I can be patient. Just give him time. I'm sure as it gets closer to release time, we get even more goodies... maybe even music samples if we're lucky.
The Dojo having music updates is one of the reasons i wish Sakurai would go back to it. I remember going through all this trouble of finding them online and downloading them just so i could hop n bop to the tunes. I still have the whole OST on my iPod and listen to it frequently. At least once a week.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmmm Pit has been shown in 2 pics in a row. We all know what this means. We are getting a Ganondorf reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, is this the longest drought between character reveals?
No. If there isn't anyone revealed tonight, it will be tied for third with the gap between Luigi and Peach at 35 days. The gap between Marth and Rosalina was the longest at 40 days and the second longest was between Sonic and Marth at 37.

Going on a nostalgia trip for a bit, when Ike broke the newcomer drought in 2007, it was really exciting and one of my favorite Smash memories so I can understand why people look forward to the end of long droughts so much.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I see. I guess the really unprecedented thing would be to not have a character reveal at any time during a certain month.

Two update days left, though.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think it would be really strange to not get any character this month. We haven't had that before. Then again, Sakurai doesn't care about "MUH PATTURNZ"

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hey post 9999, that's pretty cool.

IF we see a veteran revealed tomorrow, I honestly expect C. Falcon. He's kept the people waiting long enough.

That said, I bet we get another trophy pic to cap the week off. Or something totally "Rosalina on the floor." We've had a good week as it is.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
This. Monday is still on the table I guess but with a Nintendo Direct almost guaranteed next week I don't see it happening. It would be a nice surprise though.
Nintendo Direct almost guaranteed? Could you elaborate? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I'm predicting no character reveal for tonight/this month. We'd been spoiled the last few months before this, and now we're all going through withdrawal, but hopefully April brings us a Nintendo Direct with a juicy newcomer to sink our teeth into... c'mon, Sakurai, we're jonesin' over here!

I will laugh if we get another redesigned item or something tonight. Week of the items! Buuut probably not going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom