• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno. This month has been full of new info... But I dunno. I guess to me, Smash is all about the roster, and I've been disappointed. I don't play with items, so while they're nice, I won't see them as much as I will the actual characters I'm playing as.

If we don't get a character within the next 2 PotD's, this month's been to me, a 7/10. Good information, but lacking that big "oomph" to get me hyped, which at this point is ANY character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Aussie here, 3:40pm for me. Only problem is that POTDs distract me from uni work too much.

I'm interested in this caption, although it probably won't outline anything new - most likely just comment on the new visuals.
Well, at least you don't have to worry about potentially losing some sleep.

In my location they usually come up around 12:00 AM, sometimes a half hour or ten minutes earlier, or sometimes a bit later.

I'm guessing the caption will either be a witty joke, or a mention on the visuals. In either case I fully expect Andross' name to be mentioned.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, at least you don't have to worry about potentially losing some sleep.

In my location they usually come up around 12:00 AM, sometimes a half hour or ten minutes earlier.

I'm guessing the caption will either be a witty joke, or a mention on the visuals. In either case I fully expect Andross' name to be mentioned.
I'm going to laugh if you are completely wrong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sakurai Tomorrow: "Today, instead of a pick of the day I decided to post an MP3 of the new Smash Bros. theme. Take that skaaaa on Smashboards Forums, you smart***."
Frankly I hope that happens.I would boast about it here until Smash 4 came out.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did anyone else just experience Crashboards?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man. I'm failing to see how he's going to get even half the roster revealed at this rate.

Nice, Andross anyways.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Man. I'm failing to see how he's going to get even half the roster revealed at this rate.

Nice, Andross anyways.
There'll probably be characters revealed after release. Like secret characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, who is to say he hasn't already revealed half the roster? We have what, 24?
That'd mean we'd have like what a 48-50 roster. Which sounds abut right actually. So I guess we're are already close to half the roster.

Last edited:
I dunno. This month has been full of new info... But I dunno. I guess to me, Smash is all about the roster, and I've been disappointed. I don't play with items, so while they're nice, I won't see them as much as I will the actual characters I'm playing as.

If we don't get a character within the next 2 PotD's, this month's been to me, a 7/10. Good information, but lacking that big "oomph" to get me hyped, which at this point is ANY character.
Same here man. Sometimes I wonder why people are so excited when most of us won't play with items after a week or will only play wity poke balls, smash ball and assist trophies.

Personally my favorite updates are on the character specific attacks since they are the foundation of the character. Like learning that Links Dair can spike drastically changes his gameplay.

Shroob

Sup?
Same here man. Sometimes I wonder why people are so excited when most of us won't play with items after a week or will only play wity poke balls, smash ball and assist trophies.

Personally my favorite updates are on the character specific attacks since they are the foundation of the character. Like learning that Links Dair can spike drastically changes his gameplay.
Precisely... and honestly, I want to get excited for tomorrow's pic, but I just can't. This month has been all sorts of what, blown away expectations and other madness and I'm just not sure what to think anymore except hurry the **** up April.

juddy96

Smash Lord

Maybe most people on forums are more competitive players and don't use items, but what about all the casual players on Miiverse and elsewhere? I am just a casual player (in the minority on these boards) and I like seeing items.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe most people on forums are more competitive players and don't use items, but what about all the casual players on Miiverse and elsewhere? I am just a casual player (in the minority on these boards) and I like seeing items.
The thing is, I'm a casual player too, I just don't give a flying **** about items. I'll use them in single player mode, but when I'm playing with my friends, turn that **** off unless we're doing something like all Pokeballs or all bombs.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like seeing items. I only turn them off when I'm playing competitively (or I'm settling who's the best with my friends). Otherwise it's all items on

juddy96

Smash Lord
The thing is, I'm a casual player too, I just don't give a flying **** about items. I'll use them in single player mode, but when I'm playing with my friends, turn that **** off unless we're doing something like all Pokeballs or all bombs.
When my town is basically one big retirement home, there's not exactly many friends to play with, so I find myself in single player mode :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Generally, I strongly dislike playing online matches in Brawl when everyone has every single item set to high, or a specific set of dangerous items set to high, as I usually wind up losing and I can hardly fight through it all.

I don't mind items online if things don't get out of hand. They can be pretty fun at times.

And if I am in a mood to play a chaotic match with my friends, items are the way to go.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I play single player so I don't mind seeing items in general, but three in one week is an awful lot of items. Even if I actually did play with items on all the time, I'd still feel oversaturated; knowing that a huge chunk of the playerbase doesn't really use them at all, can't you sympathise with the fatigue with them?

Also, casual vs competitive is kinda a false dichotomy. Being competitive just means trying your best to win. Items and such are just rules and settings we can argue all day about what's best to use, but in the end, as long as you strive to win when you play and to improve yourself so you can win more often, you have the heart of a competitive player. I'd suggest just embracing it and giving the tournament scene a whirl especially with the new game. You won't really be behind with a new game dropping so there's no reason to be worried about embarassing yourself or anything, and in the end you're going to be surrounded by a bunch of other mega-smash bros fans which is pretty much just a great time even if you aren't good enough to win the event... and don't tell me you aren't a mega fan of this series if you're on this forum in the middle of the night waiting for a 1-2 sentence post over an assist trophy that we all already know how it works.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I play single player so I don't mind seeing items in general, but three in one week is an awful lot of items. Even if I actually did play with items on all the time, I'd still feel oversaturated; knowing that a huge chunk of the playerbase doesn't really use them at all, can't you sympathise with the fatigue with them?
No, I can't sympathise with the fatigue with them

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Oh cool, Andross is back. I was hoping they weren't getting rid of him.

UncleAndross

Smash Cadet
I'm a big fan of good items. Brawl had a lot of crappy ones though. Things like screwattack and franklin badge (smoke ball as well) are pretty bland.

But out of my friends, I am the most 'competitive' so I play a lot of items on 4 player. The items make for some hilarious situations.

We have a saying 'the soccer ball always finds a way'

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
No, I can't sympathise with the fatigue with them
Hilarious, I awkwardly used a prepositional phrase where an adjective would have fit better in a casual forum post.

This caption should hurry up and get posted. I think it's been shown that we're past anything interesting to discuss without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom