• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Monday is most likely our first pic of the day showing off a final smash.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It'd be neat, and depending on who it is I'd be very excited. But I don't see any reason to think that's what we'll see. IF it did happen though, I hope he'd show a newcomer's and not a vet's. Unless it's changed or something...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It'd be neat, and depending on who it is I'd be very excited. But I don't see any reason to think that's what we'll see. IF it did happen though, I hope he'd show a newcomer's and not a vet's. Unless it's changed or something...
Well most likely a revamped veteran's. Like, Mario. His final smash was just a biiig fire ball, so hopefully theyve given him something else and will show it off monday. Final smashes they probably don't wanna show off too fast are the newcomers' and Lucario's.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well most likely a revamped veteran's. Like, Mario. His final smash was just a biiig fire ball, so hopefully theyve given him something else and will show it off monday. Final smashes they probably don't wanna show off too fast are the newcomers' and Lucario's.
Actually, Mario's final smash was TWO big fireballs.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You can smash DI through it, it does like 0 damage, its easy as **** to dodge, and Mario can even be punished for it. Quite literally the only thing you can even somewhat reliably do with it is force kills on high percent, low, offstage characters with bad recoveries, but goodluck even getting someone in that position with Mario with how awful his knockback, range, and launch angles are. Like, outside of Peach and Olimar who have Final Smashes that are literally 100% impossible to force, Marios is pretty much the worst.

EDIT: Actually, I lied, Oli's is better than Marios, you can meteor smash with it.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You can smash DI through it, it does like 0 damage, its easy as **** to dodge, and Mario can even be punished for it. Quite literally the only thing you can even somewhat reliably do with it is force kills on high percent, low, offstage characters with bad recoveries, but goodluck even getting someone in that position with Mario with how awful his knockback, range, and launch angles are. Like, outside of Peach and Olimar who have Final Smashes that are literally 100% impossible to force, Marios is pretty much the worst.

EDIT: Actually, I lied, Oli's is better than Marios, you can meteor smash with it.
Well yeah, all that, but I was just thinking about how...unimaginative it is. This is Smash Bros! Cpt. Falcon and Fox's entire movesets are imagination and creativity! So to see the final smashes be...so uncreative and lame (3 LANDMASTERS) was pretty...yknow...lame. I guess Peach's was creative but...it felt out of place too because she never did any of that in her games. She aughta have done some emotional freakout ala Super Princess Peach.
So I guess I have two gripes about final smashes. 1.Creative 2.Reference to something they've done before?
Perfect examples would be new final smashes for Luigi where him and E.Gadd use their vacuums to attack and Nabbit steals all the items or something. The attack will be called... Year of Luigi! Or MegaLucario for Lucario. Or an Arwing for Falco.
Anyway, for smash bros 4... Giga Mac looks appropriate, Samus's hasn't changed which is fine, and Wii Fit Trainers is kind of boring. I just hope these attacks get more hype. And hopefully more are cinematic like Falcon's? Could be entertaining and increases the possibilities.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't think Sakurai is going to start rolling out final smashes now. Maybe we'll finally get another reveal.
I do Think that Sakurai Thinks about showing Final Smashes after that Smash Ball update, personally. ^^ And If so, I feel that Mario's would be a simple and standard one to start with. Pit's would be interesting since he most likely has a new one. And Villager is possible, since he may wanna start off with a Newcomer.

But that's just me. It's quite possible he'll just show us Samus' Zero Beam again.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Last week set a pretty low bar for me going into this one, so I'll probably be cool with anything. A Wii U stage update or a new stage would be nice. *Fingers crossed for a 4 pic post like the one from last week.*

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well yeah, all that, but I was just thinking about how...unimaginative it is. This is Smash Bros! Cpt. Falcon and Fox's entire movesets are imagination and creativity! So to see the final smashes be...so uncreative and lame (3 LANDMASTERS) was pretty...yknow...lame. I guess Peach's was creative but...it felt out of place too because she never did any of that in her games. She aughta have done some emotional freakout ala Super Princess Peach.
So I guess I have two gripes about final smashes. 1.Creative 2.Reference to something they've done before?
Perfect examples would be new final smashes for Luigi where him and E.Gadd use their vacuums to attack and Nabbit steals all the items or something. The attack will be called... Year of Luigi! Or MegaLucario for Lucario. Or an Arwing for Falco.
Anyway, for smash bros 4... Giga Mac looks appropriate, Samus's hasn't changed which is fine, and Wii Fit Trainers is kind of boring. I just hope these attacks get more hype. And hopefully more are cinematic like Falcon's? Could be entertaining and increases the possibilities.
Arguably Peach's does take inspiration from Super Princess Peach, namely the calm emotion. Calm enemies were usually if not always sleeping (Peach's Final Smash puts her foes to sleep) and when Peach used the calm emotion she regenerated health (her Final Smash produces peaches which can heal her). That being said of all of the emotions they could have chosen calm was the weakest one. Happiness let her fly and produce a tornado around herself, sadness had her cry excessively which would have worked wonders with Brawl's water mechanics, it could have been something like the Kyogre pokeball Pokemon. Lastly anger had her ignite herself in flames which also would have worked better than what she has.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm gonna make a wild prediction, a newcomer's Final Smash. And then Sakurai "reveals" Giga Mac.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Monday is most likely our first pic of the day showing off a final smash.
I'd totally be down with a running "Final Smash Monday" thing, would certainly spice up the usually dull Monday updates. Not that I'm expecting it.

A Wii U stage update or a new stage would be nice. *Fingers crossed for a 4 pic post like the one from last week.*
Speaking of which, when was the last time we saw a new Wii U stage? Palutena's Temple? We've gotten quite a lot of 3DS stages lately, I'd like a Wii U one to be revealed soon, the console stages look fabulous.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fingers crossed for a veteran reveal this week, preferably a non-obvious one (I'd like to see Ike personally.)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we get a veteran reveal I really want Pokémon Trainer, it's basically a 3 in 1 package, and I'm so excited to see how all three of them look, especially Charizard with his new awesome X & Y model.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If we get a veteran reveal I really want Pokémon Trainer, it's basically a 3 in 1 package, and I'm so excited to see how all three of them look, especially Charizard with his new awesome X & Y model.
I will predict that, if he reveals Pokémon Trainer, he will only show Squirtle. ^^ Then next week, Ivysaur, and the next week, Charizard. To keep the hype and reveals coming.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would love to see:rob: For the next veteran reveal but theres a high chance not till release if confirmed

Oh by the way new evidence to support his return if he can't come back then marth and ness should have ben kicked before then (:ness2::rob::marth: They all had something in common and that is not well known)
And the wii fit trainer is the next heir to the thorn of huh?!? Characters

And the first ever robot character to be in the series (and no does not include megaman rob was introduce before him)

And something like easy to make a moveset for him due to his robotic movements

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Speaking of which, when was the last time we saw a new Wii U stage? Palutena's Temple? We've gotten quite a lot of 3DS stages lately, I'd like a Wii U one to be revealed soon, the console stages look fabulous.
Yeah that temple was our last one, and it was... well, lacking in detail.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I would love to see:rob: For the next veteran reveal but theres a high chance not till release if confirmed

Oh by the way new evidence to support his return if he can't come back then marth should have never returned from melee same with jigglypuff and mr game and watch

And the first ever robot character to be in the series (and no does not include megaman rob was introduce before him)

And something like easy to make a moveset for him due to his robotic movements
I don't think R.O.B. is in much danger of being cut. He has a significant place in Nintendo's history, so he was certainly deserving of making the Brawl roster. If him or any other Brawl Vets are cut, it will be due to time constraints or other factors not necessarily in Sora's control.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I want Link's and Toon Link's side special. I can't take not knowing my mains move set and whether or not he is changed :-(

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, it's another 11 hours or so.

I'd suggest y'all take a nap or something so you can then wait it out.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My expectations for this week are lower than a flatworm in a limbo contest but my predictions are (by no particular day):

-New details about an already revealed stage.
-Another returning item.
-New details about a veteran we already know about.
-Returning pokeball pokemon.
-First final smash revealed in a PoD.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
My expectations for this week are lower than a flatworm in a limbo contest but my predictions are (by no particular day):

-New details about an already revealed stage.
-Another returning item.
-New details about a veteran we already know about.
-Returning pokeball pokemon.
-First final smash revealed in a PoD.
This is pretty reasonable!
What would also be nice to see is a confirmation on flight, though we might not see it until Meta Knight is announced. I do have a feeling around wednesday we could see Pit take flight and hopefully Toon Link too with his Deku Leaf... That would be nice~

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is pretty reasonable!
What would also be nice to see is a confirmation on flight, though we might not see it until Meta Knight is announced. I do have a feeling around wednesday we could see Pit take flight and hopefully Toon Link too with his Deku Leaf... That would be nice~
Pretty sure that Toon Link's Up Special has already been shown to be the Spin Attack in a past photo. Deku Leaf would be Toon Link's Up Special if it were part of his moveset, but with Spin Attack confirmed to return, having the Deku Leaf as part of his moveset seems all but pipe dream by now, unfortunately.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pretty sure that Toon Link's Up Special has already been shown to be the Spin Attack in a past photo. Deku Leaf would be Toon Link's Up Special if it were part of his moveset, but with Spin Attack confirmed to return, having the Deku Leaf as part of his moveset seems all but pipe dream by now, unfortunately.
Not really necessarily. They could do like Peach and Game & Watch and have him pull it out after he has performed his mid-air up-special.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Not really necessarily. They could do like Peach and Game & Watch and have him pull it out after he has performed his up-special.
So a Spin Attack-to-Deku Leaf Parachute? Seems like a stylistic non-sequitur, though I suppose it could be done.

Though the fact that Toon Link can deploy Spin Attack while landborne might complicate things. Whatever the case, I'm not banking on a Deku Leaf reveal, especially since Toon Link hasn't yet been hinted to include any real moveset alterations, as opposed to other characters (though I suppose if there are, they could be revealed at any time).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's kinda what I'd personally prefer really. I'm not sure how much the Deku Leaf can really benefit him in the long run in terms of his gameplay. However, seeing as the gameplay is apparently getting a bit faster and less floaty compared to Brawl, I guess Toon Link could really do with a Deku Leaf parachute in order to slow down his landing a bit and cover more distance during recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom