• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think R.O.B. is in much danger of being cut. He has a significant place in Nintendo's history, so he was certainly deserving of making the Brawl roster. If him or any other Brawl Vets are cut, it will be due to time constraints or other factors not necessarily in Sora's control.
100% know that but it's just like when sakurai confirmed none of the characters are correct scale which deconfirmed ridley is too big for smash. Some people are atill saying hes too big even with that.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
My expectations for this week are lower than a flatworm in a limbo contest but my predictions are (by no particular day):

-New details about an already revealed stage.
-Another returning item.
-New details about a veteran we already know about.
-Returning pokeball pokemon.
-First final smash revealed in a PoD.
That's... not that low haha. That'd kind of be a worth while. Throw in a game-play mechanic change and that would be a great week for me.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Saying that Layton's not a Nintendo character = Saying Megaman's not a Nintendo character.
Added to that, Layton has only appeared on Nintendo consoles without exception, he's not featured on Mystery Room or Layton 7, only mentioned...I mean, third-party spots are for honorary Nintendo characters, right? Layton fits the bill perfectly! Yes, he's much more significant to Nintendo than Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, Bomberman and definitely Snake, and he fits perfectly on the cast full of colorful, interesting characters, he has potential for one of the most varied, fun movesets and Level-5 certainly considered Layton for Smash at one point (The whole Layton's Twitter thing).

I like to think Layton will be revealed either on the next Direct, or with the NA/EU release of Ace AttorneyXProfessor Layton. If he's making it into the game at all, that is.
I'd say the one thing that Layton has against his inclusion is popularity. Sure, he's popular but nowhere the degree as Mega Man and the general public is, like it or not, rather unfamiliar with the character.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd say the one thing that Layton has against his inclusion is popularity. Sure, he's popular but nowhere the degree as Mega Man and the general public is, like it or not, rather unfamiliar with the character.
Yup, and though I should know by this point to just let D be D, the fact is that the 3rd Party slots are not for honorary Nintendo characters, and even if they were, Layton is no such thing.

The fact that he's been on only Nintendo hardware doesn't mean that he's all that significant to them. He is very, very niche. Sakurai's statement about Mega Man during E3 ("I'm not going to let just anyone" or something like that) sets the bar extremely high. Layton, and in fact most 3rd parties that people want, do not "fit that bill."

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yup, and though I should know by this point to just let D be D, the fact is that the 3rd Party slots are not for honorary Nintendo characters, and even if they were, Layton is no such thing.

The fact that he's been on only Nintendo hardware doesn't mean that he's all that significant to them. He is very, very niche. Sakurai's statement about Mega Man during E3 ("I'm not going to let just anyone" or something like that) sets the bar extremely high. Layton, and in fact most 3rd parties that people want, do not "fit that bill."
I sadly agree. Layton feels much more likely to...I don't know...be a trophy or at most an assist trophy, but why go to such lengths to get the rights for a character if that's all you're going to do with them? My pipe dream is to have Layton and Phoenix Wright fighting together in smash bros, but really, unless both of their properties get sold to Nintendo and they become first-party, it...really won't happen. Maybe by Smash 5 or 6...? Someday, perhaps.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well same as above for Layton's inclusion roadblock but the other one is if sakurai let's in 4 3rd party characters

(Let me explain in my opinion pac man hurts him because 3 3rd party characters is very likely and pac man is likely to be the third because namco is help this might be the one and only thing sakurai does for namco despite what he said)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
To return to topic though, this weekend seemed to go pretty quickly for me.

Maybe it was the lack of a conversation-worthy Friday pic... Either way, Mondays have been decent lately, so I'm hoping for an AT or something Wii U related.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If we get a veteran reveal I really want Pokémon Trainer, it's basically a 3 in 1 package, and I'm so excited to see how all three of them look, especially Charizard with his new awesome X & Y model.
That's what I'm waiting for too!
*crosses fingers*

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Predictions for tomorrow, the 200th pic?
200th pic is Tuesday, the 25th. Tomorrow will be #199. I predict our first final smash update on that day! 200th pic...probably something normal and a mention as a follow-up comment. Like "Little Mac is such a sleepy-head. A hyuck hyuck hyuck." follow up "Oh hey! This is our 200th pic of the day! Well how about that."

Last edited:

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
Did sakurai do anything for the hundredth pic of the day?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So if I stayed up until the pic was released, would someone Private Message me to pass the time? I think final smash is a safe bet

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pretty sure that Toon Link's Up Special has already been shown to be the Spin Attack in a past photo. Deku Leaf would be Toon Link's Up Special if it were part of his moveset, but with Spin Attack confirmed to return, having the Deku Leaf as part of his moveset seems all but pipe dream by now, unfortunately.
Well, he could still have a standard glide.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
Then it's settled. For the 200th pic of the day we will get mario's nose

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
So c'mon. At least a veteran this week? I want to see the return of more friends :(

I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS

juddy96

Smash Lord
I think we can all agree that any new info, big or small, would be great today, after the bitter butthurt from last week.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I think were going to get a pic of Peach turnips being compared to the Villagers turnips in the 200th pic
"Pic of the Day! Or should I say Pick of the Day! Peach and Villager have picked up turnips. Which will you pick? Pick pick. Pick. Pick pick pick, pick pick. Also, you can see Olimar's Pikmin in the background."

peachy!

super princess
I predict Zero Suit Samus, like I always do. Embarrass

"Pic of the Day! Or should I say Pick of the Day! Peach and Villager have picked up turnips. Which will you pick? Pick pick. Pick. Pick pick pick, pick pick. Also, you can see Olimar's Pikmin in the background."
Oh, and only three Pikmin are shown at once, fueling the speculation yet again. Very Sakurai.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
"As you can see here, Peach's turnips are worth more because they have a Royale feel to them."
(I know what I spelled wrong. :p)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is the first week that I am not hyped at all, don't really see any reasion why we got such little stuff last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom