• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm honestly expecting March to finish off without a veteran reveal. I'm certainly not expecting anything great from this coming week, it seems like Sakurai was stalling things out this week.
That was basically my expectation after no Yoshi on the 14th.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope we at least get an assist trophy so we can cross someone off the list.

Also, why isn't Little Mac showing up on the background of my posts? I swear I pick him as my main from the list.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope we at least get an assist trophy so we can cross someone off the list.

Also, why isn't Little Mac showing up on the background of my posts? I swear I pick him as my main from the list.
Go to your preference settings. There will be an option that'll enable you to have your Smash 4 main present on the background of your posts.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Go to your preference settings. There will be an option that'll enable you to have your Smash 4 main present on the background of your posts.
That's pretty cool!

Why aren't we expecting a Nintendo Direct this month? Even a minor one?

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I'm honestly expecting March to finish off without a veteran reveal. I'm certainly not expecting anything great from this coming week, it seems like Sakurai was stalling things out this week.
I disagree, but that's mostly because I'm just inherently optimistic about most things. I feel we'll get a veteran this coming week.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's pretty cool!

Why aren't we expecting a Nintendo Direct this month? Even a minor one?
They're usually around early-mid of the month, can't recall if we've ever had a Nintendo Direct on the last week of the month.

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
The key is to keep your expectations low and expect nothing. That way, you'll be pleasantly surprised if anything happens instead of just being disappointed everyday when (most likely) nothing great happens or gets revealed.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The key is to keep your expectations low and expect nothing. That way, you'll be pleasantly surprised if anything happens instead of just being disappointed everyday when (most likely) nothing great happens or gets revealed.
Ah, but thats what Sakurai is trying to have us do by disappointing us some weeks or as some people say "trolling". He actually disappoints so that our expectations are lowered and when a surprise appears we feel it all the more. Sakurai is actually a kind soul who has learned after all these years how to harvest hype. Genius.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Still pretty confident we'll get a veteran reveal, would seem odd otherwise, I also fully expect to get one more newcomer before E3.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why would I have to expect nothing when Sakurai himself says that he's going to release SOMETHING every day in the form of a pic? It doesn't make sense. What should I convince myself of? "Oh, probably tomorrow Sakurai won't release any picture. Just because. Yeah, that's it.".
Jesus.
It's NORMAL to have expectations. It's actually a good thing.
It's not wrong wanting something.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Why would I have to expect nothing when Sakurai himself says that he's going to release SOMETHING every day in the form of a pic? It doesn't make sense. What should I convince myself of? "Oh, probably tomorrow Sakurai won't release any picture. Just because. Yeah, that's it.".
Jesus.
I tend to give myself pretty high expectations on purpose. That way, even if it WILL end up in a Disappointment, the time waiting and thinking there will be something big, makes the waiting much better. Though, maybe that's just me.

I hope the Direct will be early in April. Or, April the 1st, I just know Sakurai would troll the hell out of us~

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Jesus.
I don't mean to not expect pictures, those are a sure thing. I was referring to people constantly saying "We're getting a new character tonight guys!" My post was more of a joke anyways.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I tend to give myself pretty high expectations on purpose. That way, even if it WILL end up in a Disappointment, the time waiting and thinking there will be something big, makes the waiting much better. Though, maybe that's just me.

I hope the Direct will be early in April. Or, April the 1st, I just know Sakurai would troll the hell out of us~
Aha...Ahaha! April 1st~ I expect to see Zoroark as a Poke Ball Pokemon or Krystal as an assist trophy, something like that~

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Aha...Ahaha! April 1st~ I expect to see Zoroark as a Poke Ball Pokemon or Krystal as an assist trophy, something like that~
Or even better. ^^ On April 1st, Sakurai reveals Ridley being a backgrounds character/hazard. That would confirm to me that he is also playanle. XD

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
It would be so funny if he announced Zoroark. On the 31st, he could announce something big, like Mewtwo or something, and then on the 1st, he could be like; "Nope, lol, it was just Zoroark's illusion!"

T

Trick or Treat

I'm sure this has been brought up 12 times before, but still. It's cool to imagine what else is actually going on in each picture.

For example, that picture of Rosalina dead on the ground. For all we know, it could've been Ridley whose attack knocked her out like that. Or Villager's final smash.

It's just interesting to think about sometimes.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sure this has been brought up 12 times before, but still. It's cool to imagine what else is actually going on in each picture.

For example, that picture of Rosalina dead on the ground. For all we know, it could've been Ridley whose attack knocked her out like that. Or Villager's final smash.

I get what you mean. Even the simplest of pictures has something going on as part of the set up that we'll never know about.

So anyway, has everyone abandoned hope on a vet for March? Not to say you should or anything, but it will be kinda nice to get through a week without everyone expecting one every single day of the week for any number of reasons. Personally I'm excited to see a stage for Wii U. 3DS has gotten like 3 or 4 stage related updates in the last 2 weeks or so alone.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh dear, I forgot about April 1st. As if Sakurai isn't trying to troll us enough already!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Does Japan even do April Fools?
That's what I'm wondering. Plus I doubt Sakurai see's himself as a troll, since it's usually really our expectations that troll us. Except for that Friday pic...

At any rate, if he's aware of the holiday at all I could see him pulling something cheeky. Or he could inceptroll and post a totally normal pic, end the comment with a "con't," or "..." and then not follow it up with anything.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

To be honest, that was my least favourite picture this week.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, wouldn't this be nice? On Tuesday he says something like "For our 200th post, lets show off two new challengers!" and we get Yoshi advertising Yoshi's New Island and Wario advertising Game & Wario on the Wii U. It would make up for all the crushed expectations, for me personally, and we'd be back on schedule for 2 characters a month! Of course he owes us nothing, I'm just glad we're getting a new game and we're slowly approaching E3 but... it sure would be nice~
What's more probable is he has a normal pic of the day, and then follows up with a miiverse comment like "Wow! This our 200th post! Time flies when you're having fun."

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Huh? On April Fools, he reveals Ridley as a stage hazard, then reveals him later at E3 as a playable character. :smirk:
Don't you get the goal of the holiday? :p
While I realize your statement is meant to be taken in jest, such a thing would be in pretty poor taste if it ever actually happened.

To mislead the supporting fanbase to think he's been deconfirmed, only to do an ostensible 180 at E3, would certainly sour any excitement for the confirmation. It might generate some hype, true, but I don't think many Ridley supporters (and perhaps others) would think too kindly of Sakurai's April Fools "prank". I certainly wouldn't, anyway.

It's not in Sakurai's best interest to jerk his consumer base around with such massive misdirection if his goal is to get people excited and interested -- even if in the context of a holiday that Sakurai might not even intend to draw attention to.

Just thought I'd comment on this idea, and why using April Fools as a platform to be mischievous and mislead and misdirect the consumer base is not advisable, Ridley or otherwise.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Monday will be a filler but I don't know what it would be.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Wonder what we will be getting Monday. Must admit, this week wasn't exciting, but Sakurai doesn't have to do this for us so it's all good.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It's like you're all afraid Sakurai is going to stop making updates if you complain.
I think complaining would be selfish. These daily update pics are giving out more info beforehand than that of any other game I have seen.

Besides, did no one like Tuesdays pic of Super Mario 3D Land, cause I thought that was awesome

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think complaining would be selfish. These daily update pics are giving out more info beforehand than that of any other game I have seen.

Besides, did no one like Tuesdays pic of Super Mario 3D Land, cause I thought that was awesome
It'd have been cooler for me personally if I liked the stage more, but it was a cool one just for the fact that he fully walked us through it. I actually liked the info on Diddy most this week.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It'd have been cooler for me personally if I liked the stage more, but it was a cool one just for the fact that he fully walked us through it. I actually liked the info on Diddy most this week.
That stage its going to be a personal favorite of mine. What info did we get on Diddy? (Besides the Peanut Popgun?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom