• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Strange how the website was updated before the MiiVerse was. That hasn't happened since the first day of the site launch.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
"Pic of the day. Looks like the shaft of Diddy's popper is splintering to bits. Don't worry though, his nuts will still discharge. Here they are hitting Bowser's face. Saves for the clean up."

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Strange how the website was updated before the MiiVerse was. That hasn't happened since.\ the first day of the site launch.
Maybe Monday's update was an indicator that Sakurai misses the old Dojo more than we think...

That or he finally had enough of the Miiverse community.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pic of The Day: "Beware of Diddy's nuts! They are very powerful, and when those nuts explodes in your face, you will get KO'ed! And there's nutting you can do about it!"
"Pic of the day. Looks like the shaft of Diddy's popper is splintering to bits. Don't worry though, his nuts will still discharge. Here they are hitting Bowser's face. Saves for the clean up."

Hopefully, enough of you are old enough and knowledgeable enough to know why this is on-topic

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
This morning I was wondering when we'll see Diddy again, and low and behold, there he is! Do we have the (real) caption yet?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
DAAYYYYMIT. I missed the sexual innuendo Rosalina pic! I coulda had a field day.... all over her EHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.

Diddy's nuts are stupid.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
'Pic of the day. The peanut blaster has a charge shot effect if you hold it down long enough. It also deals more damage. You should also know that Ridley is confirmed.'

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh yeah, the fact that it exploding causes damage now is not new, nope.
Hey we didn't know that Rosalina would be staying upwards when on the ground, I guess that classifies as new info too? OK then.
This is not interesting new info. Happy now?
Still worst week in months ever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pic of the day. "The Peanut Popgun now deals a powerful attack when it explodes. It'll be difficult to hit your target, but when you succeed, the explosion will really blow your enemies away. Give it a shot when you break someone's shield."

So... it actually has KO potential now? This is new but obviously this isn't what everyone was wanting.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe Monday's update was an indicator that Sakurai misses the old Dojo more than we think...

That or he finally had enough of the Miiverse community.
Person: "But Sakurai! You forgot to update the MiiVerse picture! All of those MiiVersians will be without a PotD!"
Sakurai: *laughs*

Anyways, I like the small eye effect on the characters when they are damaged. It is a really interesting effect that really adds something to the characters. I really do like how personalities and facial features are having a focus this time around. Also, that is quite the interesting addition to Diddy. Could add something interesting to his metagame.

As for this past week, while not chalked full of new info, I am thoroughly enjoying them. Color me impressed because the graphics in some of these pictures are amazing. Even the 3DS.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Pic of the day. The Peanut Popgun now deals a powerful attack when it explodes. It'll be difficult to hit your target, but when you succeed, the explosion will really blow your enemies away. Give it a shot when you break someone's shield.

Shroob

Sup?
So, it's tomorrow or next week then... I guess it's going to be either Wario, or someone we don't see coming.

Please give us another character like Ike or Lucas, just to screw with peoples expectations more.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Skipped out on posting the PotD to get a snack. Totally worth it.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Hey we didn't know that Rosalina would be staying upwards when on the ground, I guess that classifies as new info too? OK then.
This is not interesting new info. Happy now?
Still worst week in months ever.
I dunno, I thought it was somewhat interesting... it gives Diddy a new KO method and makes it so overheating isn't completely bad..

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Pic of the day. "The Peanut Popgun now deals a powerful attack when it explodes. It'll be difficult to hit your target, but when you succeed, the explosion will really blow your enemies away. Give it a shot when you break someone's shield."

So... it actually has KO potential now? This is new but obviously this isn't what everyone was wanting.
KO potential is new but the last sentence has caught my attention more. "Give it a shot when you break someone's shield." Doing that in Brawl with Diddy was near impossible since none of his moves did much shield damage. That being said the way shields work may be more like Melee than Brawl in this game or maybe Diddy has some moves that deal shield damage much like Marth's Shield Breaker and I believe a lot of Donkey Kong's specials did good shield damage too.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well tomorrow is the actual date of Wario's anniversary so. Ta-dah. Get your hopes up. Otherwise, yeah this buff is fine, could be hype in a tournament. But while my brain says "Ok, cool" my heart says "Booooo". G'night~

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like some Project M stuff made it in. Or maybe this is more a case of great minds thinking alike.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If Wario gets revealed tomorrow then get ready for a lot of ridiculous filler pics of him farting or picking his nose for the rest of the month.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm usually not one to complain about the quality of these pictures, but man how about we get some actually useful information this week? Yes, this is new information, but it's not useful. Diddy's peanut popgun takes twice the time it takes for Ganondorf to throw out a Warlock Punch, so this **** will never hit. The only useful information we've gotten is that there's a phase in the SM3DL stage we hadn't seen yet, that's all, and we're already at thursday. This has easily been the most underwhelming week of 2014, where the updates have otherwise been pretty good, so it's a shame.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm usually not one to complain about the quality of these pictures, but man how about we get some actually useful information this week? Yes, this is new information, but it's not useful. Diddy's peanut popgun takes twice the time it takes for Ganondorf to throw out a Warlock Punch, so this **** will never hit. The only useful information we've gotten is that there's a phase in the SM3DL stage we hadn't seen yet, that's all, and we're already at thursday. This has easily been the most underwhelming week of 2014, where the updates have otherwise been pretty good, so it's a shame.
Perhaps they made the charge time for the Popgun faster? I mean it has to be fast enough that an enemy who is stunned from shield break can't avoid it or at least I imagine that would be the case

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think of it as a consolation prize and a punishment for the opposing player being thick enough to stand their. Plus it could be usefull with an ill-timed towards roll.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, Peanut Popguns. The move seems to be the same as in Brawl. I don't use Diddy, so I don't care.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Watch it turn out that Sakurai having "a sequence that goes above and beyond the traditional Pic of the Day" be his way of making up for no character reveal this month.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
am i the only one thinking worst week ever is a little dramatic there were a lot worse weeks near the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom