• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
New Move information, Returning Item Confirmation and Update, New Stage Details = Worst week ever?

This week is far from the worst week ever.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
The popgun explosion looks like it's deadly now, although it might be hard to time on 1vs1 matches. Also did Diddy's popgun hurt him if you let it explode in brawl?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not fond of the pic or Diddy for that matter, but at least it's something new with an old move, so not too terrible. Still wondering if Friday will be the miracle.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not fond of the pic or Diddy for that matter, but at least it's something new with an old move, so not too terrible. Still wondering if Friday will be the miracle.
I hope so. I hate to complain, and I really have no right to do so in this case, but the lack of characters this month is a big shame. :/

But, does something happen tomorrow that may reveal a character?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The popgun explosion looks like it's deadly now, although it might be hard to time on 1vs1 matches. Also did Diddy's popgun hurt him if you let it explode in brawl?
No it didn't however hitting something like a ceiling or wall with his up special did cause damage to Diddy

gamer8

Smash Lord
Not a big fan of Diddy but it's something new so not bad. Glad I stayed off the hype train this time around.

Edit: It's so dead in here, was this update that hated?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not a big fan of Diddy but it's something new so not bad. Glad I stayed off the hype train this time around.

Edit: It's so dead in here, was this update that hated?
It's been extremely silent in this thread ever since Yoshi was NOT revealed, from what I've noticed. Before that, it was about 3 times more posts. :/

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's been extremely silent in this thread ever since Yoshi was NOT revealed, from what I've noticed. Before that, it was about 3 times more posts. :/
Don't worry guys, Alfonzo and I are rebuilding the hype train, you can leave it to us, so we got a pretty cool update today, but I wish Sakurai would show the changes he made
to Link.........

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why the hell do people have ghosts in their posts?
It's a new feature that Premium users can have now. Premium users are able to have their Smash 4 main be displayed on the background of their posts.

New Move information, Returning Item Confirmation and Update, New Stage Details = Worst week ever?

People just seem to like to exaggerate when it comes to not getting character reveals. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we go through the rest of March without even one new character being revealed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's a new feature that Premium users can have now. Premium users are able to have their Smash 4 main be displayed on the background of their posts.
Once again, the world has awesome stuff that no- one told me about.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

People just seem to like to exaggerate when it comes to not getting character reveals. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we go through the rest of March without even one new character being revealed.
I thought I saw something different, lol. No idea what Premium users are really (are they also human?), but I'd love to have my main in my background.

Anyways, I don't Think there's a Point in predicting tomorrow, but I certanly hope there will be a character.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
???????????????????????????????????

I do not understand why Diddy is getting all this buff attention. He was already primo. (I'll take them though, he was one of my favorites)

Can we see some Samus buffs please? :c

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know the "buff" in today 'Pic of the Day' is not usefull but...
It's so "nice" see Lucario, Marth and Diddy winning "buffs"

Now tell me about the buffs in Mario, Link (Dair has been nerfed), and Samus ... Oh, they don't need , sorry Sakurai.
Much better give Diddy Kong a strong atack (and better hitboxes) and makes Shield Breaker broken.
Wonderful , Sakurai.

I'm expecting something like this in future :
"Pic of the day : I already spoken that MetaKnight glide-atack is stronger now?
Fly and conquer, masked man!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
???????????????????????????????????

I do not understand why Diddy is getting all this buff attention. He was already primo. (I'll take them though, he was one of my favorites)

I guess the change in physics or something would have nerfed him and Sakurai's philosophy seems to be make weaker charaters more intresting rather than Nerfing the strong ones. Hope that means Ganondorf gets some changes.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

OK. Third worst week ever. Fourth, maybe. It depends on tomorrow. If it's on the line of the last two updates, it's easily on the top 5 worst weeks ever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ahl the peanut popgun gets a buff. Not bad, the explosion looks good in HD.

Remember people, just because one person's random guess about Yoshi didn't come true doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know Diddy is high tier, and people are complaining about buffs... but every time I play as Diddy, getting a K.O seems so hard. Getting them to a high percentage is easy enough, but he hardly has any high launch attacks.

Anyway, I don't think balancing this game is about leaving the high tier characters as they are and bringing everyone up to their level - it's about making all the characters awesome to use, and making sure all their moves are useful. If he's buffing Diddy like this, he's surely buffing the rest even more. Just because Sakurai hasn't said so in a PotD doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. It should be known by now he's giving us a lot less info than last time.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I guess the change in physics or something would have nerfed him and Sakurai's philosophy seems to be make weaker charaters more intresting rather than Nerfing the strong ones. Hope that means Ganondorf gets some changes.
Well, that's a good philosophy, making everyone suck to balance the game isn't a good philosophy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i see he trolled us twice in 1 month

Well atleast theres benefit of changing the gun too long if the enemy is close enough

Anyway maybe he saved wario for friday

The chances are pretty dim of the first ever no character month

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I must admit even I was expecting something to come about this time around, then again it may just simply be that there is still no release date that these reveals may be staggered further apart. Guess we'll see how the rest of the month plays out.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well now I'm just going to guess are character for march is a random character reveal.

But tomorrow might be the day I mean warioware anniversary is tomorrow and he could still get announce for mario party island tour.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A pic of the day pointed out that her Charge Shot is faster and stronger, and it's obvious that she's generally become faster from the gameplay we've had.

I'd like Sakurai to talk about buffs for some of the weaker characters, like Mario. Diddy Kong doesn't even need buffs, especially not such obscure and pointless ones as this.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd like Sakurai to talk about buffs for some of the weaker characters, like Mario. Diddy Kong doesn't even need buffs, especially not such obscure and pointless ones as this.
Obscure? Maybe.
Pointless? No.
This could means big things for Diddy. Having a better KO move and all.

But I do agree. Almost all the buffs we've been hearing are on characters who don't really need them.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This pic wasn't bad, but I'm glad I didn't stay up till 3 am for it. I'm getting a bit character starved, though, I really thought we would be getting two reveals a month but that looks rather unlikely. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a decent update, I'm hoping for a character (hopefully someone like Ike or Lucas to shake things up) or a new Wii U stage. I would be okay with Megaman or Villager's final smash, though.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A pic of the day pointed out that her Charge Shot is faster and stronger, and it's obvious that she's generally become faster from the gameplay we've had.

Just give me Project M Mario...I swear, he's amazing, he controls and feels just like the Mario from actual platformers!

juddy96

Smash Lord
Monday - Luigi
Tuesday - SM3DL
Wednesday - Rosalina
Thursday - Bowser
Friday - Wario/Yoshi?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I know Diddy is high tier, and people are complaining about buffs... but every time I play as Diddy, getting a K.O seems so hard. Getting them to a high percentage is easy enough, but he hardly has any high launch attacks.

Anyway, I don't think balancing this game is about leaving the high tier characters as they are and bringing everyone up to their level - it's about making all the characters awesome to use, and making sure all their moves are useful. If he's buffing Diddy like this, he's surely buffing the rest even more. Just because Sakurai hasn't said so in a PotD doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. It should be known by now he's giving us a lot less info than last time.
I personally have trouble as Diddy myself. I constantly try to use his meteor smash, but I always find myself falling into my doom. I just suck at spiking, I guess, and none of his other moves really do much for me (besides the Banana Peel, where their butt is as good as mine with my mad item skills. Seriously, with items on as Sonic, I am a combo MASTER with using whatever they throw at me.)

With this new buff, it seems Diddy's getting better. More reach in his attacks, an explosive KO move and a powerful recovery boost, I think Diddy's going to do great. Plus, add the fact that the game is getting faster, and BOOM! Diddy is beast.

I think Mario's had some slight buffs we've seen in trailers, but of course it's not the final build yet so who knows.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This pic wasn't bad, but I'm glad I didn't stay up till 3 am for it. I'm getting a bit character starved, though, I really thought we would be getting two reveals a month but that looks rather unlikely. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a decent update, I'm hoping for a character (hopefully someone like Ike or Lucas to shake things up) or a new Wii U stage. I would be okay with Megaman or Villager's final smash, though.
I think this is how most people feel. Characters confirmations and disconfirmations are what people care about the most and we haven't had any major ones this month despite the fact that 12 of the 14 updates for the month so far have contained something new. We've gotten three stages and three items but, for the most part, these haven't held our interest for very long. This is why this month has been kind of underwhelming so far. It hasn't been bad (seeing how we've already seen more new stuff this month than any other month before it) but it hasn't done much to keep the hype machine on high.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Well, that's a good philosophy, making everyone suck to balance the game isn't a good philosophy.
Thats kinda how Brawl felt to me, when I look at jiggly, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and how most characters didn't really had any early finishers (except for DDD, Ike and Snake).

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thats kinda how Brawl felt to me, when I look at jiggly, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and how most characters didn't really had any early finishers (except for DDD, Ike and Snake).
Well, the characters that sucked on Brawl didn't suck because they were meant to :v Sakurai just kinda derped on the balance...well...actually, none of the three Smash games have had much balance between the characters, so Smash4 finally allowing you to use your actual favorite character is something I'm very hopeful about, can't wait to kick ass with Mario. I really hope this game has no Melee Fox/Marth or Brawl Metaknight.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, the characters that sucked on Brawl didn't suck because they were meant to :v Sakurai just kinda derped on the balance...well...actually, none of the three Smash games have had much balance between the characters, so Smash4 finally allowing you to use your actual favorite character is something I'm very hopeful about, can't wait to kick *** with Mario. I really hope this game has no Melee Fox/Marth or Brawl Metaknight.
Sakurai especially derped the balance on Brawl. At least Melee had Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, and to a degree Jiggs and Cpt. Falcon. Brawl has Metaknight. And Metaknight. Did I mention Metaknight? And if you want to argue, i'll give you Diddy and Ice Climbers for good measure. Melee had double that number though. Brawl's competitive scene was, "Hey, do i really want to watch the third MK ditto in a row?"

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Sakurai especially derped the balance on Brawl. At least Melee had Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, and to a degree Jiggs and Cpt. Falcon. Brawl has Metaknight. And Metaknight. Did I mention Metaknight? And if you want to argue, i'll give you Diddy and Ice Climbers for good measure. Melee had double that number though. Brawl's competitive scene was, "Hey, do i really want to watch the third MK ditto in a row?"
i think balance is the reason namco bandai are there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still, this is a nice humiliation kill. Be good to get it on a friend who doesn't read the miiverse posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom