• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
2 new stages we hardly understand right now. This week gave us a comprehensive understanding of a rather huge stage.
True, but the speculation on how these stages will work is always fun. And yeah, your other point were valid too. If tomorrows a character, this week would've been no doubt better than last week.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
True, but the speculation on how these stages will work is always fun. And yeah, your other point were valid too. If tomorrows a character, this week would've been no doubt better than last week.
I feel like any week we get a character is automatically better than weeks where we don't...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ egaddmario egaddmario : From an objective standpoint, yes, as that's bigger news and in general, it generates more discussion than any other kind of reveal (modes may get discussion if they were revealed though, as that one screenshot that looked like an Adventure Mode was full of mystery). But it depends on whether or not you care about a particular character, especially with veterans. The only veterans who seemed to have widespread fanfare across the net were Sonic and Lucario, from what I remember.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
@ egaddmario egaddmario : From an objective standpoint, yes, as that's bigger news and in general, it generates more discussion than any other kind of reveal (modes may get discussion if they were revealed though, as that one screenshot that looked like an Adventure Mode was full of mystery). But it depends on whether or not you care about a particular character, especially with veterans. The only veterans who seemed to have widespread fanfare across the net were Sonic and Lucario, from what I remember.
Lucas, Ike, and Wolf would surely have similar effects because of their constant "they're getting cut" talk.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Diddy's new buffs were pretty intriguing so far. As someone who had trouble maining him, this ought to make me play as him with no problem. The new explosion is pretty necessary for a new attack method unclose anyway to make up or the weak, arcing peanut shots.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Diddy's new buffs were pretty intriguing so far. As someone who had trouble maiming him, this ought to make me play as him with no problem. The new explosion is pretty necessary for a new attack method unclose anyway to make up or the weak, arcing peanut shots.
That's the SECOND time I've seen someone make that slip up when talking about SSB4! :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Toon Zelda was a character would she be revealed in April or is she more a post release thing?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Toon Zelda shouldn't be a character.
Not a big fan of her either but I found some things that may be hinting at her. To not go off topic, check what I said in the rumours thread.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm not gonna go and claim this weak has been so bad, but it actually has been in my eyes less great than most of 2014. But... It's still been good enough that an above average pic tomorrow could make it all up.

I'd say a cool Assist Trophy would work.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I always wondered why Diddys gun explosion wasn't an attack before. Sakurai could be making it easier to break shields in this game. (I'm sure someone is going to "correct" me on my conjecture/opinion... "Just because Sakurai said to use it when a shield is broken doesn't mean that shields are easier to break" there... I did it for you...) That's a pretty interesting idea. Shields were hard to break earlier. I wonder if this move is as effective as a Falcon punch. It also looks like they took when Diddy turns black after it shoots.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nice to see that Diddy Kong's peanut gun going kaboom now damages other players.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with explosions, right? :smirk:

Anyway, character tomorrow or no character tomorrow?
Bleh... I'm sick of predicting character reveals, especially after the Yoshi's New Island and Mario Party releases fell through. It'll probably be something new but god knows what it'll actually be at this point. It might even be yet another stage.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ideally shields should punish those that throw out smashes recklessly but not reward constant shielding either.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Bleh... I'm sick of predicting character reveals, especially after the Yoshi's New Island and Mario Party releases fell through.
Agreed.
It'll probably be something new but god knows what it'll actually be at this point. It might even be yet another stage.
Hoping a Wii U stage if revealed.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We definitely should be getting a character soon, if not tomorrow, then for sure next week. What makes it better thought is that we have no clue who it's be, as the character would be ones to no specific game, so it makes for a surprise.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I have a feeling that we might not get any character reveals in march.
Of course, it could be a typical random sakurai reveal...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, the character drought might be due to the fact a Nintendo Direct could pop up next week. March is the end of Nintendo's fiscal year, so they'd be wise to put on a good show of a Direct to impress their investors, and maybe win more over.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe if I jinx tomorrow so much it'll wrap back around to being not jinxed.

*gasp*
It's Yoshi!
It's Wario!
It's Ice Climbers!
It's Ganondorf!
It's Falco!
It's Sheik!
It's Wolf!
It's Mega Crunch!
It's Snake!

*gasp, gasp*

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know, the character drought might be due to the fact a Nintendo Direct could pop up next week. March is the end of Nintendo's fiscal year, so they'd be wise to put on a good show of a Direct to impress their investors, and maybe win more over.
Seen how ****ty the last Direct was, I'm not expecting anything. They obviously want to keep the little they have to show for E3. Hopefully in less than three months we'll have some ****ing new games for this dead system.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seen how ****ty the last Direct was, I'm not expecting anything. They obviously want to keep the little they have to show for E3. Hopefully in less than three months we'll have some ****ing new games for this dead system.
Wow, you've been really cranky today.

You should try the WiiU eShop some time. It's pretty cool.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly I have a good feeling about tonight's picture, and for no good reason really. I'm still hoping for :pt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom